Göteborg Landvetter Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Goteborg Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was rudely awakened from a deep sleep by the tapping (striking?!) of a baton on my shoulder by one of these guys, shouting at me in Swedish.-Eric
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Göteborg Landvetter Airport.
What to Expect
- The Göteborg airport originally had separate terminals for international and domestic flights. In 2014, they were combined into a single terminal.
Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
This airport is open 24 hours.
There is one restaurant open 24 hours, which you can find landside.
Where to Sleep
- The domestic Departures area is said to be a good bet, with comfy benches and less noise.
- Speaking of noise, earplugs or noise cancelling headphones are recommended at this airport.
- The airport is reportedly quite cold, so bring a warm sweater and blanket.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel within walking distance. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Goteborg Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Göteborg airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Malmö Aviation Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, near Gate 16. Hours: 5:30AM - 6:30PM (Mon - Fri) • Closed (Sat - Sun). Lounge Access: Book Online (£20.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Menzies Aviation Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Gate 18. Hours:5:30AM - 9:15PM (Mon - Thurs) • 5:30PM - 8:30PM (Fri & Sun) • 5:30AM - 7:30PM (Sat). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available airside at Landvetter airport for up to three hours or 100 MB. Connect to the “Airport-Guest” or “Swedavia Airport” networks. Additional time can be purchased online with a debit or credit card, at the rate of SEK 49 for one hour or SEK 129 for 24 hours.
Sidewalk Express internet kiosks are available airside for those who don’t have their own mobile devices to connect to the internet.
If sleeping in Göteborg Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Landvetter Airport Hotel - (5 minute walk from the airport terminal) This hotel is 200 meters from the airport terminal. It’s an easy walk; however, the hotel does provide a free shuttle upon request (starting at 5:00AM). Take note, the shuttle is available only from the hotel to the airport.
- Flygplatshotellet - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport pick-up is available between 7:00AM - 11:00AM and 6:00PM and 9:00PM. Outside of these hours you will pay 180SEK to the airport and 220SEK to the hotel.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Landvetter Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tour - Tours can be arranged for small groups and school groups.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Bankomat ATMs are located landside and airside in the terminal.
- Baby Care Facilities - Diaper-changing facilities are available in men’s and women’s restrooms. Rental prams (strollers) are available for use in the airport. Inquire at the Information Desk at the Check-In hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Areas - Location: airside, non-Schengen transit hall and in the international departure hall at gate 19.
- Curency Exchange - X-Change offers foreign currency exchange, money transfers, money orders and more. Location: landside Hours: 5:10AM - 8:00PM • Forex also offers currency exchange, money orders, money transfers and more from one location each in landside and airside areas of the terminal. Hours: 4:30AM - 8:00PM (Airside) • 5:00AM - 9:00PM Mon-Fri, 4:30AM - 8:30PM Sat and 3:45AM - 9:30PM Sun (Landside).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available to travellers heading to non-EU destinations. Both the Duty Free Store and Duty Free Store Express are located airside. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:00PM, or adjusted to flight departure times. A variety of retail shops are also available.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Caffe Ritazza (landside)
- Get Married at the Airport - If you want to get married at the airport at the airport, Landvetter airport can accommodate ceremonies up to 10 people including the couple. Requires advance booking. The fee is SEK 2,900
- GSOPlay - The airport in collaboration with the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra have installed specially designed chairs in which travellers can relax with classical music before their flight. Rate: Free
- Information Desk - Located in the center of the airport across from Cafe Ritazza.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Lockers are available for SEK 50 per day, payable by debit/credit card only. Maximum storage period is 20 days. Location: landside
- Pharmacy - Apotek Hjärtat Location: Landside Hours: 6:00AM - 7:00PM daily (or 7:00AM - 6:00PM from 13 Jun - 28 Aug).
- Priest - Priests are available landside in the terminal from 6:00AM - 9:00PM
- Quiet Room - Location: Domestic Hall, Landside.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Flygbuss Airport Coach offer express service between the airport and city center, with a total one-way trip time of 20 minutes. Bus stops are located outside of the airport check-in hall, and at Korsvägen, Kungsportsplatsen, Nils Ericson terminal and Park Aveny in the city center. Adult fare is 105 SEK for a single-ticket and 195 SEK for a round trip ticket. Discounted tickets are available via online purchase. Flygbuss ticketholders traveling from the airport are eligible for a free Västtrafik ticket, valid for 90-minutes of onward travel within Gothenburg. This free ticket is available only upon request, and must be issued by the bus driver. For route maps, timetables, additional fare information and ticket sales, visit the Flygbussarna website.
Traveling from Ulricehamn, Jönköping and Gränna, Swebus Express 830 stops at the airport on its way to Gothenburg and Stockholm. For route maps, schedules and fares, go to the Swebus website.
Car rental kiosks are located in the multi-story car parks. Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are readily available outside of the Arrivals Hall during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, but a flat rate is available for any trips between the airport and Gothenburg or Borås. Reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.