Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Its always noisy (children and announcements) but people and security were kind of friendly. I saw people snoring in their sleeping-bags. -33cem34
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sabiha Gökçen International Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern, single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a wide variety of shops and restaurants, including some 24 hour options!
- Disorganized and inefficient airport procedures and long, slow lines.
- WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- In the departures lounge, you will find benches with moveable armrests. In front of the Burger King in the departures area, there is a long couch with some tables nearby. There are also some chairs in a hidden area at the end of the Arrivals Hall. Sleeping on the floor is not permitted at this airport.
- Most seats have armrests, so expect to sleep on the floor.
- Have a sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to block out those bright airport lights and loud overhead announcements.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Istanbul Sabiha airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- ISG Domestic CIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, upper level. Free WiFi. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (45TL) • Book Online (£20.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- ISG International CIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, upper level. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (55TL) • Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
WiFi is available for a fee at designated hotspots throughout the airport. You can also use one of the internet kiosks located landside and airside on the Departures Level in the Domestic and International terminals.
If sleeping in Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- ISG Airport Hotel - (3 min walk from the terminal) Free airport shuttle available. For airport pick-up, go to one of the Information Desks at the airport for assistance in calling the hotel for pick-up, or call 0216 588 50 00.
- Airport Residence Kurtkoy - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Miracle Istanbul Asia Otel & Spa - (5 min from the airport) Free round trip scheduled airport shuttle runs from 6:45AM to 11:30PM.
- Crowne Plaza Istanbul Asia - (5 min from the airport) Free scheduled airport shuttle runs from 7:00AM to 11:15PM. The hotel is part of the an open air shopping mall that has a movie theatre, go karts, ATVs, bowling, and an amusement park.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Istanbul Sabiha Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes.
- Banking - Türkiye İş Bank and Yapı Kredi Bank offer full-service banking in the Arrivals Hall. Hours: Open daily, but specific hours unknown.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Currency exchange offices operate in the International Terminal at these locations: Departures Hall (landside and airside) • Arrivals Hall • Baggage Claim Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Setur Duty Free Shop is available in both Departure and Arrivals Halls. A Setur Duty Free Last Minute Shop is located in International Departures remote gates, close to Gate 306. A variety of retail shops are also available throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, it was not known if there are any 24-hour food concessions. Many options are available both landside and airside .
- Hair Salon - Hairstyling is done at Bayram Bal Coiffeur. Location: Domestic Departures, landside, Mezzanine level Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: International Arrivals Hall, Landside. Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Wrapping - Yes, available landside on the Departures level.
- Medical Services - Provided at the First Aid Clinic, location is not known. Hours: 24 hours a day.
- Pharmacy - Get a prescription filled or buy health and beauty aids at Nuray Pharmacy. Location: International Departures Hall, landside Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Post Office - Location: Arrivals Hall.
- Prayer Room - Two masjid (mosques), one each for males and females, are located in Domestic Arrivals. Hours: 4:00AM - 11:30PM (closed nightly for cleaning).
- Showers - not available
- Smoking Area - There is a smoking area (airside). According to a reviewer, the area is not covered and not protected from the rain.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following car rental companies are available at Istanbul Sabiha Airport Gökçen: Avis, Bostanci, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt and more. Location: Arrivals Level.
Havataş travels between the airport and Kadıköy for 9 TL, or Taksim for 14 TL. The white-colored Havataş shuttles operate from 3:00AM - 1:00AM, and can be found outside of the airport in front of the Arrivals exit, in front of the Point Hotel in Taksim (across from Taksim Divan Hotel) and at Kadıköy Pier.
Akmis Travel offers scheduled service between Sabiha Gökçen Airport and Bursa, Yalova, Gemlik, Sakarya, Kocaeli, Gebze or Karamürsel.
Taxis are available at the ground transportation area of the airport terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.