Jyvaskyla Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Jyvaskyla Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
There wasn't much in the way of seats to sleep on, but there was a long, widish bench for big flower pots. - Stiku
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Jyväskylä Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport served by commuter flights to and from Helsinki. There’s a little cafe here, but not much else.
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Jyväskylä Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Free WiFi is available at Jyväskylä airport. Connect to the "Free Wi-Fi for you by Finavia” network.
If sleeping in Jyväskylä Airport does not appeal to you, the two closest hotels can be found in the town of Laukaa (about 15 min east of the airport). More hotels can be found in Jyväskylä city center, about 20 - 25 minutes south of the airport.
- Kylpylahotelli Peurunka - (15 min from the airport) This wellness retreat and amusement park resort is a popular family destination. No airport shuttle.
- Hotelli Vuolake - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Jyväskylä Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are not available.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Yes
- Family Services - Strollers are available to families travelling with small children.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24 hour food concessions. The only option is Sky Cafe which is open 10:00AM - 5:00PM, Monday to Friday.
- Information Desk - Location: Departure Hall
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 4:45AM - 6:00PM and 11:15PM - 12:45AM (Mon-Fri) • 4:45AM - 6:15AM (Sat) • 3:00PM - 6:00PM and 11:15PM - 12:45AM (Sun). Hours can vary throughout the year.
Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt are available onsite, but only open upon request. For airport pickup and dropoff, contact your service provider directly prior to arrival.
Taxis are available in front of the airport to meet the arrival of all flights. Airport pickup can also be arranged by using the designated taxi phone at the terminal entrance. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. At the time of this update, one-way fare between the airport and central Jyväskylä is €40.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.