Ireland West Airport Knock
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Knock Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
this airport will be awesome to sleep in BUT it close at night!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ireland West Airport Knock.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal regional airport, served mainly by low-cost carriers. Shopping and dining options are limited.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Knock Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Knock airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Executive Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: 8:00AM - 6:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€20.00) • Book Online (£17.50 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Ireland West Airport Knock. Additionally, there are also four coin-operated internet terminals (two in the Sláinte Restaurant and two in the Departures Lounge).
Since sleeping in this airport overnight is not possible, you will need to seek refuge at a hotel. Here are a few hotels near Ireland West Knock Airport:
- Slumberland Accommodation - (9 min from the airport) Budget lodging close to the airport. No airport shuttle.
- Riverside Restaurant and Guest House Charlestown - (9 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Deerpark Manor Bed & Breakfast - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Knock Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is an ATM in the Arrivals area, opposite the Bureau de Change.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - International Currency Exchance - Location: Main Terminal Building, Arrivals Area • Departure Area, Airside. Hours: 8:30AM - 1:00PM (Mon - Sat) • 8:30AM - 4:00PM (Sun).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Shop West offers duty-free shopping, airside in the Departures area. In addition, an XL newsstand sells magazines, snacks, and more in the main concourse.
- Food & Drinks - Sláinte Restaurant & Bar and Danann's Café Bar are open to the public, while eatwest and barwest are available to airside passengers.
- Information Desk - Location: Ground floor, near the check-in counters
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Prayer Room - Location: 1st floor, opposite the Sláinte Restaurant.
- Showers - not available
- Tax Refund - Non-EU residents can apply for a refund on the Value-Added Tax they have paid on goods in Ireland. Tax refund boxes are located in the Departures Area of the airport. Global Refund will process the refund and mail you the refund directly.
According to one review, the airport is open from 7:00AM - 7:00PM. The airport closes at night and you will be asked to leave.
Bus Éireann routes 64, 438 and 440 serve the airport from Galway, Sligo, Donegal and Mayo. Routes 66 and 22 offer connecting service from Charlestown. For route maps, timetables and fares, visit the Bus Éireann website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Europcar/Car Hire/Irish Car Rentals and Hertz.
Taxis are available in the taxi stand located outside, in front of the airport terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. For a list of estimated taxi fares from the airport, visit the Knock Airport website.
The two closest train stations to Knock Airport are Claremorris (31km) or Ballyhaunis (22km), both along the Dublin Heuston - Westport Line of the Iarnród Éireann national rail system. These trains travel between Dublin (Heuston and Connolly stations), Sligo, Ballina, Galway and Westport. Claremorris and Ballyhaunis stations are connected to the airport via taxi or city bus service.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.