Lugano Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lugano Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Lugano Airport.
What to Expect
- The small terminal provides service to a few European destinations.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lugano Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Lugano airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- E-Aviation VIP Lounge - Location: VIP Aviation Terminal, Landside. Hours: 7:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£25.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Lugano Airport. Connect to the "WiFi Lugano" network.
If sleeping in Lugano Airport does not appeal to you, there are several small B&B’s and restaurants with lodging attached within a short distance of the airport. Most of the hotels in the area can be found in the city center (about 12 minutes away).
- Garni Molinazzo - (10 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Albergo - Ristorante La Piodella - (15 min walk from the airport) This is a restaurant that has lodging above it. No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Colorado Lugano - (10 min drive from the airport) The airport shuttle runs daily from 9:50AM to 6:40PM and stops directly in front of the hotel.
- Ibis Budget Lugano Paradiso Hotel - (9 min drive from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lugano Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - BSI operates an ATM in the terminal. BSI customers have the option of withdrawing Euros, while all others can withdraw only Swiss Francs.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Conference Facilities – Aeroclub Lugano is located opposite the terminal and can accommodate up to 30 people. It can be booked in advance online.
- Currency Exchange – There is no currency exchange in the terminal. The nearest one is a 5-minute walk away, in the World Trade Center.
- Disabled Services – People with reduced mobility must provide the airport with 48-hours notice in order to ensure proper support.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Luxury Travel Shops offer duty-free shopping, with a location in Departures (open for each scheduled flight departure) and Arrivals (open for each scheduled flight arrival). A newsstand is located just outside of the terminal.
- Food & Drink - Two dining options are available: A snack bar in the departure lounge is open 40 minutes before each scheduled flight departure, while Restaurant Bienvenue is open from 6:30AM - 9:00PM.
- Information desk – Location: unknown. Hours: 10:00AM - 2:00PM and 3:00PM - 7:00PM (Mon-Fri) • 10:00AM - 2:00PM and 4:00PM - 7:00PM (Sat-Sun).
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Car rentals are available, and rental car pick-up is only 10 meters from the terminal. The following companies have desks at the airport: Sixt • Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz.
Shuttle Bus Sagl offers regular service between the airport, city center and main railway station. Additional stops at hotels can be requested. Departures are scheduled in accordance to flight arrival and departure times, from 8:00AM - 6:30PM on weekdays (from 10:00AM on Sundays). Fares start at CHF 8 and up.
Taxis are available at the airport daily from 7:00AM - 9:30PM. Estimated one-way fares between the airport and city center or main railway is CHF 30 - 35.
FLP Lugano-Ponte Tresa trains offer frequent daily service between the airport and the main railway station in Lugano. The airport train stop is at Agno, just a 10-minute walk from the terminal. Trains depart every 15 minutes from 6:25AM - 8:10PM on weekdays, and every 30 minutes on Sundays and bank holidays.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.