Luleå Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Luleå Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
be the first to leave a comment!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Luleå Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single terminal airport.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Luleå Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Free WiFi is available for up to 3 hours or 100MB. Connect to the “Airport-Guest” network. Additional access can be purchased at SEK 49 for one hour, or SEK 129 for 24 hours.
If sleeping in Luleå Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Nordkalotten Hotell Konferens - (3 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Quality Hotel Lulea - (11 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Elite Stadshotell Lulea - (9 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Comfort Hotel Arctic - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Luleå Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baby Care Facilities - Diaper-changing facilities are available in all men’s and women’s restrooms. Strollers are available for use in the airport, free of charge. Rental strollers can be requested at the Information Desk.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Play Area - Little travelers can burn off energy before a flight at the Leo’s Lekland-themed play area, located airside.
- Currency Exchange - Forex Bank offers currency exchange and an ATM. Location: landside. Hours: Open daily according to flight schedule.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Mat & Fika • O’Leary’s • Skafferiet
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Left luggage lockers are available for storage periods of up to two weeks. Rates start at SEK 40 per day for small bags, SEK 50 per day for large bags, and SEK 60 per day for dog crates, with rates discounted for multiple days of storage. Location: Check-in, landside.
The airport is open from 1.5 - 2 hours before the first flight of the day, and closes 15 minutes after the last flight.
The local bus route 4 connects to the airport. For details and timetables, visit the airport website.
Taxis are available, though must be pre-booked with Flygtaxi.
The following companies offer onsite car rentals: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, and Mabi.
Last Updated: 09 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.