Malmö Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Malmo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I got 6 solid hours undisturbed and woke up in a better mood than I did in some hostels.-Michael
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Malmö Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with super clean facilities and limited shopping and dining options. Have some food and beverage handy for late-night snacking after airport food concessions close.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- This airport gets favorable reviews for offering a pleasant and peaceful overnight experience. One reviewer found a comfortable couch in the back of the Main Hall. Overhead announcements are minimal, but you may want to have earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to block out noise while you sleep.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Malmö Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Malmö airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Express Lounge - Location: Landside. Hours: 6:00AM - 7:00PM (Mon - Fri) • Closed (Sat, Sun, Public holidays). Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
The SAS operated "Cafe Lounge" provides an atmosphere designed so that passengers can work in peace and quiet or relax. There is free Wi-Fi available as well as light refreshments. The SAS Café Lounge at Malmö Airport, with about 70 square metres of space, is located close to the exits for SAS’s domestic flights. The lounge is open to passengers in SAS Plus as well as Gold and Diamond members in SAS’s EuroBonus programme
Free WiFi is available at Malmö Airport for 3 hours or 100mb. Connect to the "Swedavia Airport" network. If you require additional time, you can purchase more with a credit card. Rate: SEK 49 (1 hour) - SEK 129 (24 hours).
Additionally, you will find Internet stations. Locations: Landside, Check-in Hall, next to 7-Eleven and Airside, near the restaurant.
If sleeping in Malmö Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Sturup Airport Hotel - (Less than 10 min walk from the airport) Located on the other side of the airport parking lot. No airport shuttle.
- Notesjo - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Malmö Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes available both landside and airside.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - The currency exchange office is located near the airport's main entrance. Hours: open in connection with flights.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a a couple of convenience type of stores.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there are no 24 hour food concessions at this airport. You will find food options both landside and airside. For drinks and snacks, you will find a 7-eleven before security. Hours: open 4:30AM - 11:00PM (Mon - Fri) • 4:00AM - 11:00PM (Sat) • 7:00AM - 11:00PM (Sun). Vending machines are also available.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: down the stairs from the check-in hall. Rates: from SEK 15 per day.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking Areas - Smoking is permitted in designated areas, near Gate 7 and 4.
- Weddings - At Malmö Airport, you can get married and then conveniently board the flight to your honeymoon destination. The airport conducts church and civil weddings. In order to have a church wedding, you must belong to the Swedish Church. The ceremony is held in the lounge and is two hours in duration. Rate: SEK 3,500.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Flygbussarna airport buses offer service between the airport and central stations in Malmö and Lund, with stops along the way. Tickets are sold online, at self-service ticket machines, third party vendors and onboard (credit card only). Neptunbus offers direct service to Copenhagen, with 3 - 4 daily departures scheduled to coordinate with all of Wizz Air's flights. Tickets must be booked three days in advance.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite, next to the multi-storey car park: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Mabi and Sixt. Sunfleet carsharing service is also available at the airport.
Both metered and fixed-price taxis are available directly outside the airport. Fixed-price taxi rates vary per taxi company.
Last Updated: 13 August 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.