Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I had a 17 hours wait between my flights (from 5pm to 10am next morning)and, to be honest, this was one of the most pleasant airports I have ever been into (and believe me, I have seen loads). -Karmak
By a traveller
August 2015 - I initially had a 15 hour layover which turned into 23 because I slept through my alarm and missed my flight... Had to buy an aeroflot ticket in terminal D since I am using the 24 hour visa free transit exemption. Explored terminals D E and F in their entirety. I slept in this glass room with a soft wood floor which seemed like an unofficial sleeping area. There is a better spot on carpet at the end of terminal E where it leads to D (this is where I stayed asleep...). F has regular bench seats without arm rests in some places and are also somewhat more secluded so that could be a good option. I couldn't find a sign if the oasis mentioned in the feature review. There is a lot of construction so it might not exist anymore or be outside the transit area. WiFi was 1MB/s and unlimited. Easy to connect to with no ads. I was able to play League of Legends online flawlessly which was a great surprise. There are charging stations in E but none in D. F had a couple smaller ones. Plugs can be found along walls and pillars throughout though you just have to look hard. I tried looking for a USEU adapter but only found a couple stores selling in D and F for 35 euros which is absurdly expensive. I just stuck with the USB charging stations and my USB charger. None of the vending machines have working credit card acceptance but there are currency exchange places if you need. Cafes and Burger kings take cards though. I didn't see any sign or indication that there are showers unless they are in the family change rooms. There are also hotels inside the transit free area if you wanted to dabble into that.
Have you been to Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Moscow Sheremetyevo airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Persey Lounge - Location: Terminal C, Airside, 4th Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (3,500 RUB) • Book Online (£39) • Priority Pass.
- Baikal Business Lounge - Location: Terminal D, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available ($). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (2,000 RUB).
- Blues Business Lounge - Location: Terminal D, Airside, 4th Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (2,500 RUB) • Priority Pass.
- Classica Lounge - Location: Terminal D, Airside, 4th Floor. Hours: 12:00AM - 3:00PM (Daily). Showers are available. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Gallery Lounge - Location: Terminal D, Airside, 3rd Floor, opposite Gate 32. Hours: open 24 hours. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (3,500 RUB) • Book Online (£30) • Priority Pass.
- Jazz Business Lounge - Location: Terminal D, Airside, 4th Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Matrioshka Lounge - Location: Terminal D, Airside, 2nd Floor, opposite Gate 17. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (3,500 RUB) • Book Online (£30) • Priority Pass
- Galaxy Lounge - Location: Terminal E, Airside, 3rd Floor, Gate 39. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (3,500 RUB) • Book Online (£39) • Priority Pass.
- Space Lounge - Location: Terminal E, Airside, 2nd Floor, opposite Gate 39. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£39) • Priority Pass
- All Star Lounge - Location: Terminal F, Airside, 3rd Floor, in front of Gate 52. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (3,500 RUB) • Book Online (£39) • Priority Pass.
- Classic Lounge - Location: Terminal F, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gate 42. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (3,500 RUB) • Book Online (£39) • Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport. Connect to the "Wifi_Free" network for unlimited access.
If sleeping in Sheremetyevo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport:
- Vozdushny V-Express Capsule Hotel - Located in the transit area of Terminal E (accessible from terminals D and F) and the 5th level of Aeroexpress Terminal. Rooms resemble the cabins of a cruise liner, and have private bathroom, tv, telephone, and internet. Minimum 4 hour stay.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Sheremetyevo Airport - Connected to the airport via walkway located on the third floor (Departures area) between terminals D, E and F.
- Park Inn by Radisson Sheremetyevo Airport Hotel - (3 min walk from the airport terminals) Located within short walking distance of Terminals D, E, and F. Free shuttle runs every 30 minutes between hotel and Terminals D, E, and F. Day rooms are available.
- Sheraton Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle goes to Terminals D, E, and F.
- Novotel Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport - (5 min walk from Terminal 2). There is a wing of the hotel that is accessible to transit passengers. Free shuttle bus to/from Terminals D,E, and F every 20 minutes (6:00AM to 10:00PM) and every 30 minutes (10:00PM to 6:00AM); and Terminals B and C hourly, upon request. Day use rooms are offered for 8 hours between 8:00AM to 8:00PM.
- Kora-VIP Hotel - (4 min from the airport) Located between Terminals 1 and 2. Free airport shuttle available on request (must be pre-booked).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Shermetyevo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs - Available in every terminal.
- Car Rental - Hertz. Location: International Arrivals, Terminal D.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available in every terminal as well as a large selection of stores for all your needs.
- Family Services - Strollers are available free of charge. There are five childcare rooms that have with play areas. A mother and child room is equipped with two bedrooms, toilet rooms with the baby-changing tables, shower, play area, and kitchen. Location: Terminal, C, Airside, 3rd Floor, room 3.126. Hours: open 24 hours. Max. stay is 24 hours, but you may be limited to 3-4 hours during peak hours. Sheremetyevo organizes contests, guided tours, New Year parties, and games especially for children.
- Food & Drinks - There are many food concessions both Landside and Airside in every Terminal, although we can't find one that is open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage - Location: Terminal C, 3rd Floor (open 24 hours) • Terminal D, level 0, (open 24 hours) • Terminal E, Arrivals Hall, 1st Floor • Terminal F, 1st Floor, Arrivals area. Rates: from 400-500 RUB for the first day (depending which location you leave your bags) and then 300 RUB for each day thereafter.
- Luggage Trolley - Available free of charge
- Pharmacy - There are pharmacies available in all Terminals except Terminal 1.
- Post Office - Location: Terminals C and F. Hours: 5:00AM – 7:00PM.
- Relgious spaces
» Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ - located between Terminal F and B. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM.
» Chapel of Nicholas the Miracle Worker - located on the second floor in the transit area between Railway Terminal AeroExpress into Terminal E. Hours: 8:00AM - 6:00PM.
» Chapel of Michael the Archangel (Orthodox) - located on the third floor in Terminal C. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Showers - Disposable towel, shower gel and soap are included. See the Baikal VIP Lounge to purchase. Location: Terminal D, Second Floor, middle area of hall. Hours: 9:00AM – 9:00PM. Fee: 200 RUB for 30 Minutes.
- Skype Booth - Passengers can use the Skype internet video-calling service to check-in. All they have to do is to call "svo_checkin" and follow the officer’s instructions. During the check-in, passengers will be asked to show their passports and to tell the officer the date of the flight and the number of their e-tickets.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The airport is served by several bus lines, all which depart from one of three Moscow Metro stations: Rechnoy Vokzal, Planernaya or Leninskiy Prospekt. Buses 949 (ticket price ₽75) and 851 (ticket price ₽30) run between Rechnoy Vokzal and the airport. Buses 948 (ticket price ₽75) and 817 (ticket price ₽30) run between Planernaya and the airport. Bus H1 runs between the airport and Leninskiy Prospekt. Tickets can be purchased at bus stations, or if purchased on the bus, tickets are ₽100 for 4 trips. Buses stop at Terminals C, D, E and F.
Terminals D, E, F are interconnected by passenger walkways. A free shuttle bus runs between the South Terminal Complex (D, E, F, Aeroexpress) and B and C terminals for passengers only.
Taxis are readily available outside of 1st floor Arrivals at Terminals C, D, E and F. Official taxis can hired at the Taxi Desk located inside of the terminals.
Aeroexpress is a high-speed train service that travels between the airport and Belorussky Rail Terminal with a total one-way travel time of 35 minutes. Belorussky Rail Terminal, also known as Moscow Smolenskaya Railway Station, provides connections to long-distance trains traveling from the northeast, south, west and southwest of Moscow, as well as Zamoskvoretskaya and Koltsevaya lines on the Moscow Metro. Aeroexpress trains run non-stop between 5:00AM - 1:30AM with departures every 30 minutes in either direction. A one-way ticket is ₽ 470, sold at ticket counters, vending machines, at Pay@Gate service turnstiles, at partner-owned ticket outlets and by using a rechargeable Troika card. Discounted fares of ₽ 420 are available if you purchase via website or mobile app. Aeroexpress can be accessed via entrances 2 or 4 of the Belorussky Rail Terminal, or via Terminals D, E and F at Sheremetyevo Airport. For further information, visit the Aeroexpress website.
Last Updated: 17 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.