About This Airport:
- > Airport Guide
- > Airport Hotels
- > Airport Hours
- > Airport Lounges
- > Airport WiFi
- > Services, Facilities & Things to Do At The Airport
- > Read all Reviews
- > Vote in the 2014
Best & Worst Airports Survey
Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I had a 17 hours wait between my flights (from 5pm to 10am next morning)and, to be honest, this was one of the most pleasant airports I have ever been into (and believe me, I have seen loads). -Karmak
Terminal C. Photo credit: A Savin / Wikimedia
[ submit a photo ]
I've found a little known oasis for overnighters here at Sheremetyevo airport. I am in Terminal D, the new, modern international terminal. My stay here was 24 hours, overnight, and after reading the previous reviews on this site, I was convinced I'd have a rather uncomfortable evening ahead of me. But quite by accident, I made this discovery:
I was looking on the info board, and it pointed to a section to 'charge cell phones'. It was on the first floor, on the far right side, past arrival doors and taxi info desks. What I found when I got there was a whole section of comfy couches and chairs, full wifi, plenty of plugs for charging, and hardly any people, probably because it is on the arrival floor, and out of the way. There is also a cafe, same overpriced items as upstairs, but no one bothers you about buying things, it seems to be separate from the lounge area.
So I plugged in my iPad, got a coffee and settled in to a couch. That was at 8pm. It's now 6:30am, I slept on the couch, as did a few other travelers, and no one from the airport said a word.
Who knows how long this will last, but if you are here in the near future, give it a go! The couches are really comfortable.
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
At the moment, I am not sure if economy class ticket holders can pay to enter these lounges:
- VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal B
- VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal C, Airside
- Business Lounge - Location: Terminal C, Airside, 4th Floor. Hours: 24 hours.
- VIP Arrivals Lounge - Location: Terminal F
- VIP Departures Lounge - Location: Terminal F
- Galaxy Lounge - Location: Terminal 2E, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gate 37. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours
- Amber Lounge - Location: Terminal 2F, Airside, opposite Gate 11. Hours: open 24 hours
- Classic Lounge - Location: Terminal 2F, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gate 43. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours
- Free WiFi is available at Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport. In terminals B, С, E, F, connect to the "bubbles" network. In Terminal D, connect to "Terminal-D WiFi-Free" network. Session time is limited to 180 minutes.
- In other areas of the airport, you can connect to the Tascom, Megafon, and Beeline networks for a fee.
If sleeping in the Sheremetyevo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport....
- V Express Hotel - capsule hotel located in the transit zone of Terminal E and the 5th level of Aeroexpress Terminal. Accessible in the transit areas of Terminals D and F. Minimum 4 hour stay.
- Novotel - Adjoining Terminal 2. There is a wing of the hotel that is accessible to transit passengers. A shuttle bus is available to/from Terminals B,C,D,E,F. Day use rooms are offered for 8 hours between the hours 8am-8pm.
- Park Inn - 3 minute walk from Terminal F. Day rooms are available.
- Sleepbox - Located inside the Aeroexpress Terminal, the Sleepbox features a bunk bed, television and alarm clock. Rate: US$ 15 per hour.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Shermetyevo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Car Rentals - Hertz. Location: Terminal F
- Food / Dining - There are many food concessions, although we can't find one that is open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage - Location: Terminal C - 3rd Floor (open 24 hours) / Terminal D, level 0, (open 24 hours) / Terminal E, Arrivals Hall, 1st Floor, Terminal F - 1st Floor, Arrivals area. Rates: from starting 300 RUB per day depending which location you leave your bags.
- Luggage Trolley - Free
- Relgious spaces
>> Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ - located between Terminal F and B. Hours: 8am - 8pm.
>> Chapel of Nicholas the Miracle Worker - located on the second floor in the transit area between Railway Terminal AeroExpress into Terminal E. Hours: 8am - 6pm.
>> Chapel of Michael the Archangel (Orthodox) - located on the third floor in Terminal C. Hours: 8am - 8pm.
open 24 hours
Moscow Travel Resources
- Moscow Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 03 October 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.