Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I had a 17 hours wait between my flights (from 5pm to 10am next morning)and, to be honest, this was one of the most pleasant airports I have ever been into (and believe me, I have seen loads). -Karmak
I've found a little known oasis for overnighters here at Sheremetyevo airport. I am in Terminal D, the new, modern international terminal. My stay here was 24 hours, overnight, and after reading the previous reviews on this site, I was convinced I'd have a rather uncomfortable evening ahead of me. But quite by accident, I made this discovery:
I was looking on the info board, and it pointed to a section to 'charge cell phones'. It was on the first floor, on the far right side, past arrival doors and taxi info desks. What I found when I got there was a whole section of comfy couches and chairs, full wifi, plenty of plugs for charging, and hardly any people, probably because it is on the arrival floor, and out of the way. There is also a cafe, same overpriced items as upstairs, but no one bothers you about buying things, it seems to be separate from the lounge area.
So I plugged in my iPad, got a coffee and settled in to a couch. That was at 8pm. It's now 6:30am, I slept on the couch, as did a few other travelers, and no one from the airport said a word.
Who knows how long this will last, but if you are here in the near future, give it a go! The couches are really comfortable.
Have you been to Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Economy class travellers can pay to use the following lounges:
- First and Business Class Lounge - Location: Terminal C, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: 1,500 RUB.
- Galaxy Lounge - Location: Terminal D, Airside, International Departures. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: 2000 RUB for up to 3 hours.
- Amber Lounge - Location: Terminal D, Airside, International Departures. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: 2000 RUB for up to 3 hours.
- Classic Lounge - Location: Terminal D, Airside, Domestic Departures. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: 2000 RUB for up to 3 hours.
- Galaktika Lounge - Location: Terminal E, Airside, 3rd Floor, Gate 39. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: 1,500 RUB.
- First and Business Class Lounge - Location: Terminal F, Airside, 3rd Floor, in front of Gate 3. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: 1500 RUB for 3 hours. After the 3 hours, the rate is 500 RUB per hour.
- Yantarnyi Lounge - Location: Terminal 4, Airside, 2nd Floor, Transit Area. Lounge Access: 1,200 RUB for 2 hours.
- Free WiFi is available at Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport. In terminals B, С, E, F, connect to the "bubbles" network. In Terminal D, connect to "Terminal-D WiFi-Free" network. Session time is limited to 180 minutes.
- In other areas of the airport, you can connect to the Tascom, Megafon, and Beeline networks for a fee.
If sleeping in the Sheremetyevo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport....
- V Express Hotel - capsule hotel located in the transit zone of Terminal E and the 5th level of Aeroexpress Terminal. Accessible in the transit areas of Terminals D and F. Minimum 4 hour stay.
- Novotel - Adjoining Terminal 2. There is a wing of the hotel that is accessible to transit passengers. A shuttle bus is available to/from Terminals B,C,D,E,F. Day use rooms are offered for 8 hours between the hours 8am-8pm.
- Park Inn - 3 minute walk from Terminal F. Day rooms are available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Shermetyevo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Luggage Trolleys - Free
- Car Rentals - Hertz. Location: Terminal F
- Family Services - Strollers are available free of charge. There are five childcare rooms that have with play areas. A mother and child room is equipped with two bedrooms, toilet rooms with the baby-changing tables, shower, play area, and kitchen. Location: Terminal, C, Airside, 3rd Floor, room 3.126. Hours: open 24 hours. Max. stay is 24 hours, but you may be limited to 3-4 hours during peak hours. Sheremetyevo organizes contests, guided tours, New Year parties, and games especially for children.
- Food & Drinks - There are many food concessions, although we can't find one that is open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage - Location: Terminal C - 3rd Floor (open 24 hours) • Terminal D, level 0, (open 24 hours) • Terminal E, Arrivals Hall, 1st Floor • Terminal F - 1st Floor, Arrivals area. Rates: from 300 RUB per day depending which location you leave your bags.
- Luggage Trolley - Free
- Pharmacy - Locations: Terminal C, 2nd Floor, Landside • Terminal D, Arrivals, 1st Floor • Terminal D, Departures, 3rd Floor, Landside • Terminal E, Arrivals, 1st Floor
- Relgious spaces
>> Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ - located between Terminal F and B. Hours: 8am - 8pm.
>> Chapel of Nicholas the Miracle Worker - located on the second floor in the transit area between Railway Terminal AeroExpress into Terminal E. Hours: 8am - 6pm.
>> Chapel of Michael the Archangel (Orthodox) - located on the third floor in Terminal C. Hours: 8am - 8pm.
- Skype Booth - Passengers can use the Skype internet video-calling service to check-in. All they have to do is to call "svo_checkin" and follow the officer’s instructions. During the check-in, passengers will be asked to show their passports and to tell the officer the date of the flight and the number of their e-tickets.
open 24 hours
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2014 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Moscow Travel Resources
- Moscow Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 23 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.