Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I had a 17 hours wait between my flights (from 5pm to 10am next morning)and, to be honest, this was one of the most pleasant airports I have ever been into (and believe me, I have seen loads). -Karmak
I've found a little known oasis for overnighters here at Sheremetyevo airport. I am in Terminal D, the new, modern international terminal. My stay here was 24 hours, overnight, and after reading the previous reviews on this site, I was convinced I'd have a rather uncomfortable evening ahead of me. But quite by accident, I made this discovery:
I was looking on the info board, and it pointed to a section to 'charge cell phones'. It was on the first floor, on the far right side, past arrival doors and taxi info desks. What I found when I got there was a whole section of comfy couches and chairs, full wifi, plenty of plugs for charging, and hardly any people, probably because it is on the arrival floor, and out of the way. There is also a cafe, same overpriced items as upstairs, but no one bothers you about buying things, it seems to be separate from the lounge area.
So I plugged in my iPad, got a coffee and settled in to a couch. That was at 8pm. It's now 6:30am, I slept on the couch, as did a few other travelers, and no one from the airport said a word.
Who knows how long this will last, but if you are here in the near future, give it a go! The couches are really comfortable.
Have you been to Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Moscow Sheremetyevo airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- First and Business Class Lounge - Location: Terminal C, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (2,500 RUB) • Priority Pass.
- Galaxy Lounge - Location: Terminal D, Airside, International Departures. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (2000 RUB) • Priority Pass.
- Amber Lounge - Location: Terminal D, Airside, International Departures. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (2000 RUB) • Priority Pass.
- Classic Lounge - Location: Terminal D, Airside, Domestic Departures. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (2000 RUB) • Priority Pass.
- Galaktika Lounge - Location: Terminal E, Airside, 3rd Floor, Gate 39. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (2,500 RUB).
- First and Business Class Lounge - Location: Terminal F, Airside, 3rd Floor, in front of Gate 3. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1500 RUB for the first 3 hours and then the rate is 500 RUB per hour).
- Yantarnyi Lounge - Location: Terminal 4, Airside, 2nd Floor, Transit Area. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (2,000 RUB for 2 hours).
Free WiFi is available at Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport. Connect to the "Wifi_Free" network for unlimited access.
If sleeping in Sheremetyevo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport:
- Vozdushny V-Express Capsule Hotel - Located in the transit area of Terminal E (accessible from terminals D and F) and the 5th level of Aeroexpress Terminal. Rooms resemble the cabins of a cruise liner, and have private bathroom, tv, telephone, and internet. Minimum 4 hour stay.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Sheremetyevo Airport - Connected to the airport via walkway located on the third floor (Departures area) between terminals D, E and F.
- Park Inn by Radisson Sheremetyevo Airport Hotel - (3 min walk from the airport terminals) Located within short walking distance of Terminals D, E, and F. Free shuttle runs every 30 minutes between hotel and Terminals D, E, and F. Day rooms are available.
- Sheraton Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle goes to Terminals D, E, and F.
- Novotel Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport - (5 min walk from Terminal 2). There is a wing of the hotel that is accessible to transit passengers. Free shuttle bus to/from Terminals D,E, and F every 20 minutes (6am to 10pm) and every 30 minutes (10pm to 6am); and Terminals B and C hourly, upon request. Day use rooms are offered for 8 hours between 8am to 8pm.
- Kora-VIP Hotel - (4 min from the airport) Located between Terminals 1 and 2. Free airport shuttle available on request (must be pre-booked).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Shermetyevo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs - Available in every terminal.
- Car Rental - Hertz. Location: International Arrivals, Terminal D
- Family Services - Strollers are available free of charge. There are five childcare rooms that have with play areas. A mother and child room is equipped with two bedrooms, toilet rooms with the baby-changing tables, shower, play area, and kitchen. Location: Terminal, C, Airside, 3rd Floor, room 3.126. Hours: open 24 hours. Max. stay is 24 hours, but you may be limited to 3-4 hours during peak hours. Sheremetyevo organizes contests, guided tours, New Year parties, and games especially for children.
- Food & Drinks - There are many food concessions, although we can't find one that is open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage - Location: Terminal C - 3rd Floor (open 24 hours) • Terminal D, level 0, (open 24 hours) • Terminal E, Arrivals Hall, 1st Floor • Terminal F - 1st Floor, Arrivals area. Rates: from 300 RUB per day depending which location you leave your bags.
- Luggage Trolley - Free
- Pharmacy - Locations: Terminal C, 2nd Floor, Landside • Terminal D, Arrivals, 1st Floor • Terminal D, Departures, 3rd Floor, Landside • Terminal E, Arrivals, 1st Floor.
- Post Office - Location: Terminals C and F. Hours: 5:00AM – 7:00PM every day.
- Relgious spaces
» Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ - located between Terminal F and B. Hours: 8am - 8pm.
» Chapel of Nicholas the Miracle Worker - located on the second floor in the transit area between Railway Terminal AeroExpress into Terminal E. Hours: 8am - 6pm.
» Chapel of Michael the Archangel (Orthodox) - located on the third floor in Terminal C. Hours: 8am - 8pm.
- Showers - Disposable towel, shower gel and soap are included. See the Vaikal VIP Lounge to purchase. Location: Terminal D, Second Floor, middle area of hall. Hours: 9:00AM – 9:00PM. Fee: 200 RUB for 30 Minutes.
- Skype Booth - Passengers can use the Skype internet video-calling service to check-in. All they have to do is to call "svo_checkin" and follow the officer’s instructions. During the check-in, passengers will be asked to show their passports and to tell the officer the date of the flight and the number of their e-tickets.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
These high-speed trains depart from the airport to Belorussky Railway Station every 20–30 minutes. Travel time is 30–40 minutes.
You can get to the airport using buses and shuttle buses from Rechnoy vokzal, Planernaya and Leninskiy prospekt (night route bus) metro stations.
You can order a taxi at the taxi desk or online.
Hertz is located in Terminal F.
Airport Transportation: Getting Around
Terminals D, E, F are interconnected by walking galleries. A free shuttle bus runs between the South terminal complex (D, E, F, Aeroexpress) and B, C terminals for passengers.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Moscow Travel Resources
- Moscow Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 10 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.