Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I had a 17 hours wait between my flights (from 5pm to 10am next morning) and, to be honest, this was one of the most pleasant airports I have ever been into (and believe me, I have seen loads). -Karmak
In anticipation of the 2018 World Cup, a series of new regulations are being implemented to promote “good behaviour”. Travellers will now be fined 100 to 500 rubles for violations such as: using the airport for accommodations (that’s you, airport sleepers!), clogging the airport, blocking the passages, riding the airport trolleys, and listening to music without headphones. Explore our airport guide below for sleep and layover alternatives.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport.
What to Expect
Moscow Sheremetyevo is a large and spread out airport with North and South Complexes complexes. The North Complex consists of Terminals A (private jets) and B (Domestic flights). The South Complex consists of Terminals D, E and F, and houses most international flights. The two complexes are about 10 minutes apart, and are connected by an underground train.
Overall, facilities and amenities at Moscow Airport are decent- however, customer service can be challenging as a result of language barriers. The airport does offer a few unique amenities, including Skype check in, pay to use showers, and rotating art exhibits. Free WiFi is available. There are plenty of restaurants which are open 24 hours day. Charging points are apparently difficult to come by. For those looking for a little added comfort, there are first class lounges, some of which have showers, that economy class passengers can pay to access. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and access information.
Where to Sleep
As a result of recent “sleeping ban” we’re not sure what the current sleeping conditions are and whether the ban is strictly enforced. Explore our guide to sleeping in Sheremetyevo Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, there are sleep cabins in the transit area and hotels within walking distance. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Gallery Lounge – Location: Terminal D, Airside, 3rd Floor, opposite Gate 32. Hours: open 24 hours. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Jazz Business Lounge – Closed for Renovations – Location: Terminal D, Airside, 4th Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Matrioshka Lounge – Location: Terminal D, Airside, 2nd Floor, opposite Gate 17. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Moscow Lounge – Location: Terminal D, Airside, 3rd Floor, near Gate 30. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Saint – Petersburg Lounge – Location: Terminal D, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gate 29. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Galaxy Lounge – Location: Terminal E, Airside, 3rd Floor, Gate 39. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Space Lounge – Location: Terminal E, Airside, 2nd Floor, opposite Gate 39. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes All Star Lounge – Location: Terminal F, Airside, 3rd Floor, in front of Gate 52. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Classic Lounge – Location: Terminal F, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gate 42. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Sheremetyevo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport:
Inside Airport GettSleep – Location: Airside, 3rd floor, zone after passport control (international departures), to the left of the gate # 31. There are 36 capsule rooms available. Each capsule comes equipped with air temperature control, storage and individual locker, and free WiFi. Showers are available within the facilities. Rates: from 450 ₽ per hour (day use) or 1650 ₽ / 3 hours (overnight). Children under 6 are free. » Check Rates
Inside Airport Sleep Capsules – There are GoSleep capsules located in the international departures area of Terminal E on the 3rd Floor. Booking available once you are there. Day rates are 1 hour for 250 ₽ and the night rate is 1 hour for 350 ₽.
Inside Airport Air Express Sheremetyevo – Located in the transit area of Terminal E (accessible from terminals D and F) and the 5th level of Aeroexpress Terminal. Rooms resemble the cabins of a cruise liner, and have private bathroom, tv, telephone, and internet. Minimum 4 hour stay. » Check Rates
At Airport Radisson Blu Hotel Sheremetyevo Airport – Connected to the airport via walkway located on the third floor (Departures area) between Terminals D, E and F. Free shuttle (ahared with the Park Inn) runs every 30 minutes between hotel and Terminals D, E, and F. » Check Rates
Near Airport Park Inn by Radisson Sheremetyevo Airport Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) Located within short walking distance of Terminals D, E, and F. Free shuttle (shared with the Radisson Blu) runs every 30 minutes between hotel and Terminals D, E, and F. Day rooms are available. » Check Rates
Near Airport Novotel Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport – (5 minute walk from Terminal 2). Free shuttle bus to/from Terminals D,E, and F every 20 minutes (6:00AM to 10:00PM) and every 30 minutes (10:00PM to 6:00AM); and Terminals B and C hourly, upon request. Day use rooms are offered for 8 hours between 8:00AM to 8:00PM. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Sheremetyevo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, but you must be able to receive a code via your phone. If you do not have a Russian mobile number, you must enable your phone for International Calls. You can choose from these 2 options:
- call the supplied phone number which will be rejected (no charges) and you will be automatically connected.
- choose the call back option, where the system calls you, reject the call (no charges), you must remember the last 4 digits of the phone number and enter this as a code to proceed with free WiFi.
- Post Office – Location: Terminal F, Landside. Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Skype Booth – Passengers can use the Skype internet video-calling service to check-in. All they have to do is to call “svo_checkin” and follow the officer’s instructions. During the check-in, passengers will be asked to show their passports and to tell the officer the date of the flight and the number of their e-tickets.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play zones. Location: Terminal D, Airside. Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Mother and Child Rooms – Special rooms that are equipped with bedrooms, toilet rooms with the baby-changing tables, shower, play area, and kitchen. Rooms are accessible to departing passengers with children aged 7 and under. Entry is free, but a passport, flight ticket, and health certificate (granted by one of the medical centers in Terminals D or F) is required for access to the facility. Location: Terminal B, Floor 1, Landside • Terminal D, Floor 2, Landside • Terminal E, Floor 1, Landside • Terminal E, Floor 3, Airside, International • Terminal F, Floor 2, Landside. Hours: Open 24 hours, but you may be limited to 3-4 hours during peak hours.
- Strollers – Strollers are available free of charge.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – The airport has over 80 options to grab a bite to eat or something to drink. You will find options both Landside and Airside in all Terminals which operate 24 hours a day.
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? The airport provides water fountains in all terminals both Landside and Airside.
Pro Tip: Clare tells us Burgers & Bakery @ terminal E has great burgers and unlimited wifi with purchase. Cost AUD$20 for drink, burger (fresh not frozen beef), fries. Burger King is cheaper but seats are very comfy and big area to chill out in. Sat there for ages and staff were really friendly. Not a lot of customers in am, may be different in pm.
- Information Desk – Desks are available in all Terminals. Hours: Unknown.
- Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Moscow Sheremetyevo and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there are a number of travel agencies with offices at the airport that can probably be of assistance. Olga Travel Bureau (Terminal B, D and F), Invest Avia (Terminal B, D and F) and Aviatransagentstvo (Terminal D).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Winter gear (coats, jackets, etc.), luggage, and other items can be stored at luggage storage rooms in each terminal. Rates for luggage storage are as follows: 500₽ per luggage item, for the first 24 hours, and 250₽ per 24-hour period after. Locations: Landside in every Terminal. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Trolley – Available free of charge.
- Luggage Wrapping – Pack & Fly luggage wrapping is available 24-hours in every terminal, Landside (with multiple locations). Fee: starting at 500₽ per bag/item.
- Pharmacy – There are pharmacies available in all Terminals except Terminal F.
- Medical Clinics – Free 24 hour medical assistance is provided at one of the airport’s 3 clinics. Locations: Terminal B, Floor 1, Landside • Terminal E, Floor 1, Landside • Terminal F, Floor 1, Landside
- Pharmacy – There are pharmacies available in multiple locations in all Terminals. All locations operate 24 hours a day except the Aeroexpress location.
- Mobile Charging – Mobile charging points are available at the following locations: Aeroexpress, 2nd and 3rd Floors (6 points) • Terminal D, Departure Floor and 4th Floor (21 points) • Terminal E, all Floors (27 points) • Terminal F, 1st, 2nd and 4th Floors (16 points).
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside and Airside in every Terminal.
- Currency Exchange – Services are available in every terminal as follows: Terminal B, Landside • Terminal D, Landside (Arrivals) and Airside • Terminal E, Landside (Arrivals) and Airside • Terminal F, Landside (Arrivals) and Airside • Aeroexpress (Landside). Hours: Unknown.
- Religious spaces
- Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ – located near Terminal F. Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM. Every Friday at 2:00PM is the rite of blessing the water, and at 2:30PM is the requiem service.
- Chapel of Nicholas the Miracle Worker – located on the 2nd floor in the transit area between Terminal E and the Railway Terminal AeroExpress. Hours: 8:00AM – 6:00PM.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available in every terminal as well as a large selection of stores for all your needs. Terminals D and E (Arrivals) have a Globus Gourmet Express selling grocery items, baked products, home cooked meals to go, etc. The Minimarket located Landside in Terminal F is open 24 hours.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Salon – Aero Beauty provides salon services in Terminal F, Arrivals Hall. Appointments are required.
- Showers – Freshen up before your flight!
- Free showers are available in the Transit Hall. Contact the Transit Office. No shower accessories are available at this location.
- Paid showers are available as follows: Fee 400₽ for 30 min (incl. towel, gel/soap). Locations: Terminal D, landside, 2nd Floor, near the Baikal Lounge. Pay at Baikal Lounge for shower access. Hours: 9:00AM – 9:00PM. • Terminal D: At the GettSleep rest area, fee is 500₽ for 30 min with towel, gel/soap). Hours: 24 hours.
- Business Lounges – A few lounges have showers included in the lounge entrance rate.
- Terminal D: VIP Lounges, Classic Lounge (4th Floor), Gallery Lounge (3rd Floor), Jazz Lounge (4th Floor) and Matryoshka Lounge.
- Terminal E Business Lounge: Galaxy Lounge (3rd Floor).
- Terminal F: Classic Lounge (2nd Lounge).
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – A series of rotating and permanent art exhibits are on display throughout the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2019, Moscow Sheremetyevo airport is served by the following airlines: Aeroflot • Air Algérie • Air Arabia • Air Astana • Air China • Air France • Air Malta • Air Serbia • AirBaltic • Alitalia • Ariana Afghan Airlines • AtlasGlobal • Beijing Capital • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Bulgaria Air • Cham Wings Airlines • China Eastern Airlines • China Southern Airlines • Czech Airlines • Ellinair • Finnair • Hainan Airlines • Iran Air • KLM • Korean Air • LOT • Mongolian Airlines • Nordwind Airlines • Pegus Fly • Rossiya Airlines • Royal Flight Airlines • Severstal • Sichuan Airlines • Smartwings • Tianjin Airlines • Ural Airlines • Vietnam Airlines.
The airport is served by at least seven bus lines, all which depart from one of three Moscow Metro stations: Rechnoy Vokzal, Planernaya or Leninskiy Prospekt. For routes, fares and schedules, visit the Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport website.
Many local hotels provide airport shuttle service as a courtesy to their guests. Ask your hotel for shuttle service availability and details.
The following hotels offer airport shuttle service: Aviator Hotel Sheremetyevo • Hotel Novotel Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport • Kora VIP • Park Inn by Radisson Sheremetyevo Airport Moscow Hotel • Sheraton Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport Hotel • SkyPoint Sheremetyevo Hotel.
Terminals D, E, F are interconnected by passenger walkways. A free shuttle bus runs between the South Terminal Complex (D, E, F, Aeroexpress) and B and C terminals for passengers only.
Taxis are readily available outside of 1st floor Arrivals at Terminals D, E and F. Official taxis can hired at the Taxi Desk located inside of the terminals.
Aeroexpress is a high-speed train service that travels between the airport and Belorussky Rail Terminal with a total one-way travel time of 35 minutes. Belorussky Rail Terminal, also known as Moscow Smolenskaya Railway Station, provides connections to long-distance trains traveling from the northeast, south, west and southwest of Moscow, as well as Zamoskvoretskaya and Koltsevaya lines on the Moscow Metro. For fares, schedules and more information, visit the Aeroexpress website.
Last updated: 2019-04-16
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.