Nizhny Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Nizhny Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Nizhny Airport.
What to Expect
- There are two terminals: T1 is older, and T2 just opened in March 2016. Both are currently in operation while the airport decides how to divide the current airlines occupying the airports.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel within walking distance of the terminal. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one of three airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Nizhny Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Business Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Landside, 1st floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Airport Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
Free WiFi is available at Strigino Nizhny Novgorod Airport. Note, you must be able to receive the login-password via SMS.
If sleeping in Nizhny Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Hotel - Located 500m from the airport terminal. The hotel bar is open 24/7.
- Hotel Volna - (22 mintes from airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Nizhny Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Museum - Hours: Open 9:00AM - 2:00PM (Mon-Fri)
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Sberbank, Gazprombank, Credit Europ Bank, Rosbank, and Metkombank have ATMs on the 1st floor, Arrivals Hall (landside)
- Baggage Storage - Location: Departures Hall, Landside, 1st floor
- Baggage Wrapping - Location: Departures Hall, Landside, 1st floor
- Cloak Room - If you you are travelling to a destination that does not require warm outerwear, you can store items in the cloak room. Location: Departures Hall, Landside, 1st floor. Rate: 50 Roubles per day. Hours: open 24/7.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available.
- Duty-Free - Location: International Departures, Airside, 2nd floor.
- Food & Drinks - Shokoladnitsa Cafe, Location: International Departures, Airside, 2nd floor • Shokoladnitsa Cafe, Location: Domestic Departures, Airside, 2nd floor • Shokoladnitsa Cafe (two cafes), Location: Departures Hall, Landside, 1st floor,
- Information Kiosk / Lost & Found - Location: Departures Hall, Landside, 1st floor.
- Left Luggage & Lockers - Yes, available at the airport, no further information is available.
- Medical Station - Location: Arrivals Hall, Landside, 1st floor.
- Nursery Room - Features a kitchen, bedroom (disposable bedclothes included), game room, bathroom with dryer rack, and tv lounge. Free to use for children under 7 years old (or disabled children under 14 years old) and one accompanying parent. Must show passport, or other photo ID, and flight ticket. Overnight accommodation is possible. Guests are granted entrance upon passing a medical inspection at the entrance. Passengers who need medical attention are prohibited from entering and are referred to the medical unit. Hours: Open 24/7. Location: Domestic Departures, Airside, 2nd floor.
- Pharmacy - Location: Arrivals Hall, Landside, 1st floor.
- Post Office - Location: Domestic Departures, Airside, 2nd floor.
- Shopping - Minimarket FAME • Nizhegorodsky Souvenir Shop • Arts & Crafts Store
- Tour Operator - Location: Arrivals Hall, Landside, 1st floor.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 17 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.