Ørsta Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Orsta Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Great airport to sleep in, nice staff that offered me an ekstra pillow too!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ørsta–Volda Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport, served solely by commuter flights on Widerøe airline. Shopping and dining options are non-existent, except for a few vending machines.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ørsta Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Orsta Airport for two hours. Connect to the "Airport" network, select "Gratis WiFi", follow the instructions and you will receive a username and password by SMS. When your time has expired you can log on again.
If sleeping in Ørsta Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotell Ivar Aasen - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Volda Turisthotell - (9 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ørsta Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - The following currencies are available at cash machines in the airport: norwegian kroners (NOK), US dollars (USD), British Pounds (GBP) and Danish Kroners (DKK).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - There are vending machines for soft drinks and coffee / espresso / soup / chocolate in the departure hall
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 6:30AM - 8:00PM (Monday - Friday) • 9:00AM - 4:00PM (Saturday) • 11:00AM - 6:00PM (Sunday).
A local bus service links Ørsta and Volda via Ørsta Airport. Buses run every 30 minutes (hourly after 5:30PM) and stop at Hovdebakken bus stop, which can be reached on foot from the airport terminal in 8 - 10 minutes. Bus fare is NOK 25.
Avis and Hertz offer car rental service onsite.
Taxis are readily available at the airport during airport hours of operation. A one-way journey between the airport and Ørsta or Volda city center takes 5 minutes and costs about NOK 100.
Last Updated: 24 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.