Oslo Gardermoen Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Oslo Gardermoen Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Just as you come off the train, to the right there is a large playing [area] for kids, it has a sponge floor which was great to sleep on, ONLY at night, during the day it is full of screaming kids. - NicholaGuy
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Oslo Gardermoen Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, clean, quiet, modern building with some seating. The airport is open 24-hours.
- Staff are tolerant of sleepers, and generally there aren’t many overnight travellers.
- The two terminals, Domestic and International, are connected Landside so you can wander for quiet spaces.
- A few 24-hour eateries are available; Norway is very expensive and these are no different.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Several restaurants have leather-padded booths. Once they close for the night, you should be able to grab a spot with no hassle. Travellers mention Starbucks, Peppe’s Pizza as being sleep-friendly.
Lounge chairs with leg rests are located opposite the Exchange Office (Arrivals, Landside), only about a dozen so get there ASAP (Sleepyboi, January 2015).
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are two hotels connected to the terminal and other nearby hotels that provide an airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass to the airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Oslo Gardermoen Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Oslo Gardermoen airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- OSL-Lounge - Economy class travellers can pay to use this lounge. Location: International Departures, Airside, above the duty free. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (300 NOK) • Book Online (£30.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required).
Free WiFi is available at Oslo Gardermoen Airport for 2 hours. Connect to the “AIRPORT” network. On the login page, select “free” and you’ll be connected. After your 2 hours is up, you can log in again to reconnect for free, or you can purchase high-speed internet access for longer periods of time.
Additionally, the Kon-Tiki Kitchen & Restaurant offers free internet zone. There are also 14 internet kiosks. Locations: domestic departure gate 18 and 21, international departure gate 41 and 44, and at the information desk in the arrivals hall.
If sleeping in Gardermoen Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen - (3 minute walk from the terminal) Connected directly to the airport via covered walkway. Day rooms are available from 9:00AM to 6:00PM.
- Park Inn by Radisson Oslo Airport, Gardermoen Hotel - (3 minute walk from the terminal) Connected directly to the airport via covered walkway. Day rooms are available from 9:00AM to 6:00PM.
- Comfort Hotel RunWay - (6 minutes from the airport) Shuttle bus available for 70NOK per person, each way.
- Clarion Hotel & Congress Oslo Airport - (6 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle bus 44 available from the lower floor of the bus stop. Transfer time: 6 minutes.
- Best Western Oslo Airport Hotel - (7 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle bus (S33) available from and to the airport. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes and leaves the airport from bus stand B25 at the lower level.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Oslo Gardermoen Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 18 ATMs offering 16 currencies. Location: Airside and Landside. There are 7 ATMs located at Gate 38 in International Departures.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Yes, across from Gate A4. Hours are not known.
- Children’s Area - Yes, by Gates E15 and A12.
- Currency Exchange - DNB offers full-service banking and foreign currency exchange. Location: Arrivals Hall Hours: daily from 5:30AM - 11:00PM. Foreign currency ATMs are also available in designated areas of the airport terminal.
- Drinking Water - Quench your thirst with pure Norwegian drinking water at the free drinking water dispensers in the airport. Drinking water dispensers are located airside, so you can refill your empty water bottle after passing through the security checkpoint. Look for the clearly-marked filling stations at these locations:
- Domestic Departures - Gates A10, A15, B2, B5, and C4.
- International Departures - Gates D4 and E11.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside in both Domestic and International departures, and in the Arrivals Hall. In addition, a variety of retail stores, gift shops, and newsstands are also available.
- Family Services - If you are travelling with small children, the airport has free strollers after security.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- Domestic (airside, between Gates A10 and A12) - Upper Crust (Mon-Fri only).
- International (airside, shopping area before Gate E8) - Foodmarket • Point Kiosk (only the location near Duty Free).
- Arrivals Hall - Narvesen • 7-Eleven
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Arrivals Hall, east end, opposite train station. Hours: open 24 hours. You can leave bags here for up to three months.
- Mobile Charging - Power outlets are available underneath most seats. Powerkiss wireless charging is available at the Upper Crust (International terminal location), Christiania Bar, Monolitten restaurant and the OSL Lounge. You can rent a wireless charging unit at any of the listed locations, for a NOK 200 deposit. You are welcome to keep the unit for use at other European airports.
- Pharmacy - Apotek 1. Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: 7:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Showers - Not available
- Work Zone - There's a "Work Zone" between gate 44 and 46 (international pier) with individual seating with a table for your laptop and power outlets.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Buses and Shuttles
Ruter buses are part of the local public transportation network that serves Oslo Airport, the city of Oslo and the surrounding areas. For fares and timetables, go to the Ruter website.
Airport Express Coaches (SAS Flybussen) run between the airport and central Oslo, with departures every 20 minutes. For fares and timetables, visit the Flybussen website.
Nor-way bus Airport Coach (Flybussekspressen) offers service between the airport and Majorstuen, Bekkestua, Ski and Fredrikstad. Fares and timetables are available at the Nor-Way Bussekspress website.
Nettbusses travel between Kongsvinger, Årnes and the airport, also providing shuttle service to nearby hotels. Nettbuss Express offers service to Måløy and Volda. For fares and timetables, visit the Nettbuss website.
Askeladden Reiser/Gardermobussen offers airport shuttle service between the airport and Sundvollen, Hønefoss, Jevnaker, Lunner and Oslo Airport.
TIMEkspressen airport shuttles travel between the airport, Oslo, Gjøvik and Skreia.
Boreal Transport shuttles provide service between the airport, Elverum and Trysil.
The following car rental agencies have desks in the Arrivals Halls, on the west side towards the railway station: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Many local hotels provide airport shuttle service as a courtesy to their guests. Ask your hotel for shuttle service availability and details. The following hotels offer airport shuttle service: Best Western Oslo Airport Hotell • Comfort Hotel RunWay • Gardermoen Airport Hotel • Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Oslo Alna • Quality Airport Hotel Gardermoen • Scandic Gardermoen • Thon Hotel Gardermoen • Thon Hotel Oslo Airport.
The taxi rank is available just outside of the Arrivals Hall. Before hailing a taxi, you may want to stop first at the Taxi Information Desk inside the Arrivals Hall, where you can learn about fixed rates of the different taxi companies that serve the airport. Taxis can also be booked at the Taxi Information Desk.
Trains can travel between the airport and the city center in just 20 minutes.
With departures every 10 minutes, Airport Express (Flytoget) trains offer a high-speed rail service, travelling between the airport and Oslo Central Station in just 19 minutes. Airport Express trains server the greater Oslo area, also travelling between the airport and Drammen, Asker, Sandvika, Lysaker, Skøyen, Nationaltheatret and Lillestrøm. For fares and timetables, visit the Flytoget website.
Oslo Airport is also served by NSB regional trains from Skien, Oslo, Lillehammer and Trondheim; as well as NSB local trains on the Kongsberg–Eidsvoll line. For fares ad timetables, go to the NSB website.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.