Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Oslo Gardermoen Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Just as you come off the train, to the right there is a large playing [area] for kids, it has a sponge floor which was great to sleep on, ONLY at night, during the day it is full of screaming kids. – NicholaGuy
OSL Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Oslo Gardermoen Airport (Code: OSL).
What to Expect
- A clean, quiet, modern building (the airport underwent a major expansion in 2017) with some seating. The airport is open 24-hours.
- One terminal houses Domestic and International flights via separate piers. You are free to wander for a quiet space Landside.
- Staff are tolerant of sleepers, and generally there aren’t many overnight travellers.
- A few 24-hour eateries are available; Norway is very expensive and these are no different.
- WiFi is available to help pass the time.
- Economy class travellers can buy a pass to the airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Oslo Gardermoen Airport
- Several restaurants have leather-padded booths. Once they close for the night, you should be able to grab a spot with no hassle. Travellers mention Starbucks, Peppe’s Pizza as being sleep-friendly.
- Lounge chairs with leg rests are located opposite the Exchange Office (Arrivals, Landside), only about a dozen so get there ASAP (Sleepyboi, January 2015).
- If you are arriving late, one reviewer spotted full length padded benches with outlets in the International terminal, baggage claim (BEFORE going through the final customs declaration area!). This area also has clean bathrooms and a water bottle filling station. (May 2018)
- Explore our guide to sleeping in Gardermoen Airport or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are two hotels connected to the terminal and other nearby hotels that provide an airport shuttle. See the Airport Hotels section below for locations.
Some airport reviews and tips in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos. You can also visit the airport’s web site for current information.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Gardermoen Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- OSL Lounge – Location: International Departures, Airside, above the duty free. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass.
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website. Locations: Main Terminal, Airside: SAS Lounge • SAS Domestic Lounge • SAS Gold Lounge.
Related Pages: Gardermoen Airport Lounges
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are hotels near Gardermoen Airport:
With Covid restrictions constantly changing, we recommend that you confirm shuttle availability prior to booking and/or prior to your arrival.At Airport Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen – Connected to the terminal via covered walkway. Day rooms are available from 9:00AM to 6:00PM. » Check Rates At Airport Park Inn by Radisson Oslo Airport, Gardermoen Hotel – Connected to the terminal via direct walkway. Day rooms are available from 9:00AM to 6:00PM. » Check Rates Near Airport Park Inn by Radisson Oslo Airport Hotel West – Accessible by public airport shuttle bus (S-33) is available for 80NOK/adult each way. » Check Rates Near Airport Comfort Hotel RunWay – Accessible by public airport shuttle bus (S-33) is available for 80NOK/adult each way. » Check Rates Near Airport Clarion Hotel & Congress Oslo Airport – Accessible by public airport shuttle bus (S-33) is available for 80NOK/adult each way. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Oslo Gardermoen Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Oslo Gardermoen Airport for 2 hours. Connect to the “AIRPORT” network. On the login page, select “free” and you’ll be connected. After your 2 hours is up, you can log in again to reconnect for free, or you can purchase high-speed internet access for longer periods of time.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Chapel – A chapel can be found across from Gate A4. Hours: unknown.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available at three airside locations (Arrivals Hall • Just beyond Security • Non-Schengen Area) and all are open 24 hours. In addition, a variety of retail stores, gift shops, and newsstands are also available.
- Information Desk – Available in the Arrivals Area. Hours: unknown.
- Pharmacy – Apotek 1. Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: 7:00AM – 9:00PM.
- Work Zone – There’s a “Work Zone” between Gates C5 and C6 (Domestic Pier) with individual seating with a table for your laptop and power outlets.
- Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards at the airport’s mailboxes. Locations: Landside, Check-in Area and Arrivals.
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play areas. Locations: Airside, Gate C1, Gate A12, Gate F14, between street D3 and D5 and at and at the train station.
- Baby Care Facilities – If you are travelling with small children, here are a few services that may be of interest to you:
» Loaner strollers are available for use while you are airside. You can pick one up just after passing security, and leave it at the gate when you board your flight.
» Many restaurants offer kids menus and employees can help warm up children’s food / bottles at several locations.
» Breastfeeding corners can be found near Gate A12, International area between Gate D3 and D5 and in the non-Schengen Area at Gate 19.
» The airport has added living rooms specifically for families. At the time of this update, locations and more information is not available.
Food & Drink
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? Drinking water dispensers to refill your water bottles are available free of charge. Locations: Airside, so you can refill your empty water bottle after passing through the security checkpoint. Look for the clearly-marked filling stations at these locations:
» Domestic Departures – Airside, Gates A10, B2, and C4.
» International Departures – Airside, Gates D4 and E12.
» Non-Schengen Departures – Airside, between Gates F17 and F19.
» Arrivals – Baggage Claim Area
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
» International (airside, shopping area before Gate E8) – Everyday Kitchen • Point Kiosk (only the location near Duty Free).
» Arrivals Hall – 7-Eleven • Point Kiosk.
- Information Desk – Available in the Arrivals Area. Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – 200 lockers are available to accommodate different requirements, for example: keys, documents or luggage. Location: Parking Garage P10, next to the Terminal. Hours: open 24 hours. You can leave bags here for up to eight days. Rates: Medium Locker/NOK 90/1 day • Large Locker/NOK 100/1 day.
- Medical Services – A First-Aid station is available. Locations: Landside, near the Special Baggage Drop-off • Airside, near Gate D1. Hours: unknown.
- Mobile Charging – Power outlets are available underneath most seats. Powerkiss wireless charging is available at the Upper Crust (International terminal location), Christiania Bar, Monolitten restaurant and the OSL Lounge. You can rent a wireless charging unit at any of the listed locations, for a NOK 200 deposit. You are welcome to keep the unit for use at other European airports.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available, some of which dispense foreign currencies. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: Airside and Landside.
- Currency Exchange – DNB offers full-service banking, ATMs, and foreign currency exchange. Foreign currency ATMs are also available in designated areas of the airport terminal. Location: Departure Hall Hours: 5:30AM – 7:30PM (closed at 6:00PM on Saturdays) • Arrivals Hall Hours: 7:30AM – 11:00PM (open at 9:00AM on Sat & Sun).
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – A reader tells us “there is a relaxation zone directly after the stairs to C gates, to the left of the checkpoint to the international terminal. This has several “lay back” chairs, similar to pool chairs, as well as several regular chairs.There are power outlets. ” (August 2020)
Showers & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
- Spa & Salon Services – Lakkbar offers express 20-minute manicures and pedicures for both men and women. Location: Domestic, airside, Gate C2. Hours: 9:00AM – 8:00PM (Mon-Fri) 10:00AM – 3:00PM (Sat) 10:00AM – 6:00PM (Sun). Cutters offers a quick snip and style hair service (no wash, dye, or head massage). Location: Domestic, airside, Gate C2. Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Mon-Fri) 10:00AM – 2:00PM (Sat) 10:00AM – 6:00PM (Sun).
The airport is open 24 hours.
Oslo Gardermoen airport is served by the following airlines: Aeroflot • Air Baltic • Air France • Air Leap • Austrian Airlines • Blue Air • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Danish Air Transport • EasyJet • Emirates • Ethiopian Airlines • Eurowings • Finnair • Hainan Airlines • Iberia Express • Icelandair • Joon • KLM • LOT • Lufthansa • Norwegian • PIA • Pegasus Airlines • Qatar Airways • Ryanair • SAS • SunExpress • Swiss • TAP Portugal • Thai Airways International • TUI Fly • Turkish Airlines • Vueling • Widerøe • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Buses and Shuttles
OSL airport is well connected to the bus system. The following are some of the services which are available:
- Ruter buses are part of the local public transportation network that serves Oslo Airport, the city of Oslo and the surrounding areas.
- The Airport Bus (Flybussen) runs between the airport and Oslo city center, Majorstuen, Bekkestua and Fredrikstad, with departures every 20 minutes.
- OSL Ekspress offers services to/from Furuset, Tveita, Bøler, Skullerud, Abildsø and Lambertseter.
- Nettbusses travel between Kongsvinger, Årnes and the airport, also providing shuttle service to nearby hotels.
For more information, fares and routes, visit the Oslo Airport website.
The following car rental agencies have desks in the Arrivals Halls, on the west side towards the railway station: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Most hotels are accessible by public shuttle bus and do not operate their own shuttles. See also Airport Hotels above.
The taxi rank is available just outside of the Arrivals Hall. Before hailing a taxi, you may want to stop first at the Taxi Information Desk inside the Arrivals Hall, where you can learn about fixed rates of the different taxi companies that serve the airport.
Trains can travel between the airport and the city center in just 20 minutes.
With departures every 10 minutes, Airport Express (Flytoget) trains offer a high-speed rail service, travelling between the airport and Oslo Central Station in just 19 minutes. For fares and timetables, visit the Flytoget website.
Oslo Airport is also served by VY regional trains from Skien, Oslo, Lillehammer and Trondheim; as well as VY local trains on the Kongsberg–Eidsvoll line. For fares and timetables, go to the VY website.
Last updated: 2022-10-28
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.