Paris Orly Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Paris Orly Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The worst part was that there is no luggage storage, and I was forced by the janitorial staff to bring all my luggage into the bathroom stall with me. I had just come back from six months living abroad, and had about 70 pounds of very bulky luggage, and the stall was very small.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Paris Orly Airport.
What to Expect
- Paris’ second international airport, Orly is much smaller, home to mostly European and northern African flights.
- This is a smaller airport that is easy to navigate. The facilities are fine, and overall the airport staff are generally tolerant of overnight travellers trying to sleep.
- The airport has two, separate terminals: South (Sud) Terminal and West (Ouest) Terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Generally no flights depart for a few hours overnight, so it does quiet down.
- Most of the seats have armrests, so many travellers prefer to stretch out on the floor.
- Some travellers report being able to sleep on the benches and couches in some cafes.
- The airport can be cold, so bring layers - especially if you’re sleeping on the floor.
- Plan on bright lights, so bring an eye mask.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in several airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Paris Orly Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Paris Orly airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Icare Lounge - Location: South Terminal, International Departures, Non-Schengen Area, Airside, 1st Floor, Hall G. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£40.00).
- Premium Traveller Lounge - Location: West Terminal, Airside, Hall 1, Ground Floor after security. Schengen flights only. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Paris Orly Airport. They also have two interruption-free premium WiFi services:
- Faster: 4x faster than the standard free WiFi. The rate is € 2.90 for 20 min. or € 5.90 for 60 min.
- Stronger: 10x faster than the standard free WiFi. The rate is € 9.90 for 24 hours, and you can connect up to five WiFi devices.
If sleeping in Paris Orly Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Orly Aeroport - (6 minute walk or ride from the airport) To access, take the free ADP (Aéroport De Paris) bus from Gate D (Orly Ouest) or Gate H (Orly Sud).
- Hilton Paris Orly - (3 minute from airport) Free shuttle every 15 minutes to Orly Ouest (Gate D) and Orly Sud (Gate G), 6:00AM to midnight (upon request outside of those hours).
- Mercure Orly Aeroport - (4 minute ride from the airport) Located only 800 meters from the airport terminal. Free airport shuttles runs every 20 minutes between 5:00AM - 12:00AM.
- Ibis Budget Paris Orly Aeroport - (5-minute walk from the south terminal and 10-minute walk from the west terminal) Free airport shuttle offered to and from the airport.
- Kyriad Orly Aeroport - Athis Mons - (5 minute drive from the airport) Free shuttle bus available from 5:00AM to 11:40PM every day.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Paris Orly on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - Works of Parisian art and culture are on display in Terminal West (Hall 1) and Terminal South. A beautiful and inspiring combination of music and photography is on display at the French Pop Exhibition, a collection of photographs featuring French singers, songwriters and composers from the ‘50’s to modern day. You can view this collection along the walls of Departure Hall B in Terminal South for the next two years, starting in September 2016.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - HSBC ATMs are available throughout the airport.
- Baby Care Facilities - Sanitary changing tables and children’s toilets are available in the colorful baby care areas, located landside and airside in all the airport restrooms on the Departures and Arrivals levels. Strollers are available for use airside, free of charge, during school holiday periods. Pick one up at the Pushchair Station, located just after the security checkpoint opening onto Hall A, downstairs to the left of the escalator.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Gulli network TV programs and games are available in play areas located in Terminal South boarding areas.
- Cots - In the event of bad weather or massive flight cancellations, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. If you are stranded during a weather delay, contact an airport employee to find out when the cots are located. Unfortunately, the cots are not available for travellers who simply decide to spend the night in the airport. Due to the amount of wacky email we receive about this, we'll also let you know that cots cannot be "reserved" and we don't know where they are kept. Please speak to a gate agent or an airport employee.
- Currency Exchange - Foreign currency exchange, money transfers, VAT refund and more are available at Travelex. Two locations: Terminal South, airside, Departures Hall B • Terminal South, landside, Departures, near the domestic flights baggage carrousel. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:30PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in these locations: Terminal South, airside, Level 1, Departures Hall A (international zone) and Hall B (Schengen) • Terminal West (airside, Departures Hall 3). In addition to duty-free shopping, a wide variety of retail shops are located throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 5:30AM and as late as 10:00PM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Games - Play vintage video games at the colorful ‘80’s-themed arcade gaming area! Two locations: Terminal West, Hall 4 • Terminal South, Hall 433. Playstation gaming areas and multi-touch games carousel tables can be found airside in all terminals.
- Information Desk - Locations: Terminal South, airside, Level 0, Gates A & L • Terminal West, airside, Arrivals level, near Gates 1 and 2 • Terminal West, landside, Departures Level, close to OrlyVal Station. Hours: Open daily according to flight schedules. Terminal South also has touch-screen display Information Terminals, designed to look like giant smartphones.
- Library - Relax and unwind with a good book at the airport’s sleek and modern library! Traditional print media and tablets containing digital books and magazines are available, as well as comfortable leather couches and large tables with stools. Over 100 children’s books are available. Location: Terminal South, airside, Hall B.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Luggage Wrapping - Safe Bag luggage wrapping service is available for €10 per bag. Locations: Terminal West, landside, Hall 1 • Terminal South, landside, Gate E (areas B and C)
- Massage Chairs - Location: South and West Terminals, Airside. Fee: Starting from €2,00.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available in the airport. Vaccinations are also available at the Terminal West location. Locations: Terminal South, landside, 4th Floor, near Information Desk (Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM Mon-Fri) • Terminal West, landside, Ground Floor (Hours: Open 24 hours).
- Mobile Charging - If you want a hands-free method of charging, look for one of the ChargeBox columns, which contains a group of small lockers equipped with charging leads for most phones. Phones take about 30 - 90 minutes to fully charge. Just plug in your phone, lock it up and take the key with you while you shop or dine! Rate: Free to use! Chargebox locations: Terminal South (Hall A) • Terminal West (boarding lounges 32 and 40).
- Pharmacy -Location: Terminal West, landside, Departures Gate E (Hours: 6:30AM - 9:00PM) • Terminal South, landside, 1st Floor (Hours: 7:20AM - 9:00PM).
- Post Office - La Poste. Location: Terminal West, landside.
- Religious Spaces -
- Terminal South:
- Chapel - Scheduled Catholic Mass, Protestant service, and Prayer Time (open to all) are available. Location: landside, Level 2.
- Mosque - Location: Level 1, Room A726, near the photobooth. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:30PM.
- Synagogue - Location: Level 1, near multi-faith office. Multifaith Offices - Locations: Level 2, near Jean Mermoz • Level 1, Room A766, near the photobooth
- Terminal West:
- Multifaith Prayer Area - Location: landside, Arrivals Level, behind baggage area. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Multifaith Office - Location: landside, Arrivals Level, Gate H.
- Terminal South:
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open from 3:30AM - 12:30AM. Overnight stays are discouraged and you may be asked to leave the building at closing time, but according to the airport’s website about spending the night in the airport, “if you have a travel agent's notification for a flight you may wait for your departure flight.”
Orlybus connects the airport with Denfert-Rochereau Metro station in a 30 minute trip. Bus stops are located at Orly West (Arrivals, Entrance D) and Orly South (Entrance C). Fares start at €7.70
Cars Air France provides two different lines of service between Orly airport and key points in Paris: Line 1 (Paris Étoile Metro/Invalides Metro & RER C station/Gare Montparnasse) and Line 3 (Charles de Gaulle Airport). Total trip time on Line 1 is 50 minutes and costs €2.50. Bus stops are located at Orly South (Entrance K) and Orly West (Arrivals, Entrance D). Total trip time on Line 3 is 70 minutes and costs €21. Bus stop at both Orly Terminals, and at
Terminals 2A-2C, 2E-2F, 2D-2B and 1 of Charles de Gaulle Airport.
Bus 183 connects Orly with Porte de Choisy Metro station in a 50 minute journey (one way). Buses depart from Orly West (Arrivals, Entrance D/G) and Orly South (Entrance C, Stop 4). Bus fare is € 2.
Magical Shuttle VEA shuttles provide direct service to Disneyland Paris and its hotels. Buses stop at Orly South Bus Station (Stop 5, Entrance C) and Orly West (Arrivals Level, Stop 4, Entrance I). Total trip time is 45 - 60 minutes, and fares start from € 20.
Bus 91.10 connects Orly to the Massy-TGV rail station and Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines train station. Buses depart every 30 minutes during peak time (5:00AM - 9:00AM and 5:00PM - 9:00PM weekdays) and hourly between 9:00AM - 5:00PM (weekdays) or 6:00AM - 9:00PM (weekends). Buses stop at Orly West (Entrance H) and Orly South (Entrance C, Stop 5). Bus fare is € 2.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite at Orly West: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Europcar, Firefly, Hertz, Interrent, National, Sixt, Thrifty and TT Car Transit.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service:
- Best Western Plus Paris-Orly Airport - Shuttle Hours: 6:00AM - 11:40PM, departs every 20-30 minutes. On Saturday and Sunday, the shuttle starts at 5:00AM. Pick-up locations: Orly Ouest/West (Gate D) and Orly Sud/South (Gate E).
- Grand Hotel Senia - Shuttle Hours: 24 hours, departs every 30 - 60 minutes depending on the time of day.
- Hilton Paris Orly Airport - Shuttle Hours: 24 hours. From 6:00AM - 12:00AM, the shuttle departs every 15 minutes from the Orly Ouest/West (Gate D/ Stop #6) & Orly Sud/South (Gate G/ Stop #10). Service is available upon request after 12:00AM. Call the front desk at +33 1 45 12 45 12 to request a pick-up.
- Hotel la Rotonde
- Howard Hotel Paris- Orly Airport - Shuttle Hours: 5:00AM - 12:00AM and 5:00PM - 11:00PM.
- Ibis Paris Orly Rungis - Shuttle Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM, departs every 30 minutes.
- Kyriad Orly Aeroport - Athis Mons - Shuttle Hours: 5:00AM - 11:40PM.
- Kyriad Orly - Rungis - Shuttle Hours: 5:30AM - 9:00AM and 6:15PM - 10:45PM (weekdays) or 7:15PM to 9:15PM (weekends and bank holidays).
- Mercure Paris Orly Aeroport - Shuttle Hours: 5:00AM - 12:00AM, departs every 20 minutes.
- Mercure Paris Orly Rungis - Shuttle Hours: The shuttle departs every 30 minutes, but the hours are unknown.
- Novotel Paris Orly Rungis - Shuttle Hours: 5:10AM - 11:10PM. Pick-up locations: Orly Ouest/West (stop 12) and Orly Sud/South (stop 7).
- Orly Superior Hotel - Shuttle Hours: 4:30AM - 11:30PM, every 30 minutes. There is no service between 12:00PM - 4:00PM. Travel time is 5 minutes. Pick-up locations: Orly Sud/South (Gate E, Stop 7) and Orly Ouest/West Terminal (Gate D, Stop #12). Please call 01- 69-44-33-67 as soon as you have picked-up your luggage.
OrlyVAL is an automated rail service that connects the Orly West terminal, Orly South terminal and the “Antony” RER rail station. Trains run daily, every 4 - 7.5 minutes from 6:00AM - 11:00PM, and take from 6 - 8 minutes to travel one way between the terminals and Antony RER. OrlyVAL departs from Orly West (Exit A at Departures Level) and Orly South (between Exit K and J). The service is free between the terminals, but costs
Orly also offers free shuttle service between the terminals and the airport’s car parks. Shuttles travel every 8 minutes from 3:30AM - 1:30AM (4:30AM from 1/11 - 3/31), traveling a circuit between Orly South (Exit H), Car Park P6/Ibis Hotel/Police, Car Park P4, Car Park P7, Car Park P5 and Orly West.
Two types of licensed, metered official taxis are available at Orly: Paris and Suburban. Paris taxis serve Paris, Department 29 (Hauts-de-Seine), Department 93 (Seine-Saint-Denis) and Department 94 (Val-de-Marne). Suburban taxis serve Department 91 (Essonne), Department 95 (Val-d'Oise), Department 78 (Yvelines) and Department 77 (Seine-et-Marne). Paris taxis are available in taxi ranks located at Orly South (exit M) and Orly West (exit B Arrivals). Suburban taxis are available in taxi ranks located at Orly South (exit L) and Orly West (exit B Arrivals). Average fare between the airport and Notre Dame is € 40 - € 55. A 15% surcharge applies to journeys between 7:00PM - 7:00AM (suburbs), 5:00PM - 10:00AM (Paris), Sundays and holidays.
RER B regional rapid transit line transports passengers between Orly Airport (via Antony RER B station), central Paris and Charles de Gaulle Airport. Key stops in central Paris include Denfert-Rochereau, Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame, Châtelet – Les Halles and Gare du Nord. Transfers between the airport terminals and Antony RER station are provided by OrlyVAL automated train service for € 9.30 one way. Combination OrlyVAL/RER tickets are also available, starting at € 12 and up.
Central Paris can be reached in 35 minutes from Orly Airport via RER C regional rapid transit line. RER C connects the airport (via Port de Rungis RER C station) with central Paris, Versailles, Pontoise Argenteuil and Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines. Stops in central Paris include Gare d’Austerlitz, Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame, Invalides and Champs de Mars/Tour Eiffel Metro stops. Paris Par Le Train shuttle buses provide transfers between Orly Airport and Port de Rungis station with a total trip time of 10 - 15 minutes. Shuttle bus tickets cost about € 2.50 one way, but a combination shuttle bus/RER ticket can be purchased for € 6.15 and up. Bus stops are located at Orly West (Gate C) and Orly South (Gate C, Stop 6).
Tram 7 links Villejuif-Louis Aragon Metro station to Athis-Mons bus/tram terminal, via Orly Airport. Several stops are made along the way, providing connections to La Fraternelle RER C station and numerous bus lines. Trams operate from 5:30AM - 1:30AM, running as frequently as every 6 minutes during peak times. Total trip time from one end to the other is 45 minutes. Fare is € 1.80.
Last Updated: 14 October 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.