Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Paris Orly Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The worst part was that there is no luggage storage, and I was forced by the janitorial staff to bring all my luggage into the bathroom stall with me. I had just come back from six months living abroad, and had about 70 pounds of very bulky luggage, and the stall was very small. – peacefrog
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Paris Orly Airport.
What to Expect
- Paris’ second international airport, Orly is much smaller and home to mostly European/northern African flights.
- The airport is easy to navigate. The facilities are fine, and overall the airport staff are generally tolerant of overnight travellers trying to sleep.
- The airport has two, separate terminals: South (Sud) Terminal and West (Ouest) Terminal.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in several airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Generally no flights depart for a few hours overnight, so it does quiet down.
- Most of the seats have armrests, so many travellers prefer to stretch out on the floor.
- Some travellers report being able to sleep on the benches and couches in some cafes.
- The airport can be cold, so bring layers – especially if you’re sleeping on the floor.
- Plan on bright lights, so bring a sleep mask/eyeshades.
- Explore our guide to sleeping in Paris Orly Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Icare Lounge – Location: South Terminal, International Departures, Non-Schengen Area, Airside, 1st Floor, Hall G. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Premium Traveller Lounge – Location: West Terminal, Airside, Hall 1, Ground Floor after security. Schengen flights only. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Paris Orly Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Orly Aeroport – (6 minutes from the airport) To access, take the free ADP (Aéroport De Paris) bus from Gate D (Orly Ouest) or Gate H (Orly Sud). » Check Rates
- Mercure Orly Aeroport – (4 minutes from the airport) Located only 800 meters from the terminal. A free airport shuttles departs from Orly South (in front of door C at stop No. 10) and from Orly West (in front of door D at stop No. 6). The shuttle runs every 20 minutes to and from the airport between 4:50AM and 11:50PM. » Check Rates
- ibis budget Paris Coeur d’Orly Airport – (5-minute walk from the south terminal and 10-minute walk from the west terminal) Free airport shuttle offered to and from the airport. » Check Rates
- Kyriad Orly Aeroport – Athis Mons – (5 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle bus available from 5:00AM to 11:40PM every day. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Paris Orly on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Paris Orly Airport. They also have two interruption-free premium WiFi services:
Faster: 4x faster than the standard free WiFi. The rate is € 2.90 for 20 min. or € 5.90 for 60 min.
Stronger: 10x faster than the standard free WiFi. The rate is € 9.90 for 24 hours, and you can connect up to five WiFi devices.
- Post Office – La Poste. Location: Terminal West, landside.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Sanitary changing tables and children’s toilets are available in the colorful baby care areas, located landside and airside in all the airport restrooms on the Departures and Arrivals levels. Strollers are available for use airside, free of charge, during school holiday periods. Pick one up at the Pushchair Station, located just after the security checkpoint opening onto Hall A, downstairs to the left of the escalator.
- Children’s Play Area – Gulli network TV programs and games are available in play areas located in Terminal South boarding areas.
- Games – Play vintage video games at the colorful ‘80’s-themed arcade gaming area! Two locations: Terminal West, Hall 4 • Terminal South, Hall 433. Playstation gaming areas and multi-touch games carousel tables can be found airside in all terminals.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 3:30AM and as late as 10:30PM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk – Locations: Terminal South, airside, Level 0, Gates A & L • Terminal West, airside, Arrivals level, near Gates 1 and 2 • Terminal West, landside, Departures Level, close to OrlyVal Station. Hours: Open daily according to flight schedules. Terminal South also has touch-screen display Information Terminals, designed to look like giant smartphones.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Luggage Wrapping – Safe Bag luggage wrapping service is available for €12 per bag. Locations: Terminal West, landside, Hall 1 • Terminal South, landside, Gate E (areas B and C)
- Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available in the airport. Vaccinations are also available at the Terminal West location. Locations: Terminal South, landside, 4th Floor, near Information Desk (Hours: 8:00AM – 5:00PM Mon-Fri) • Terminal West, landside, Ground Floor (Hours: Open 24 hours).
- Pharmacy -Location: Terminal West, landside, Departures Gate E (Hours: 6:30AM – 9:00PM) • Terminal South, landside, 1st Floor (Hours: 7:20AM – 9:00PM).
- Mobile Charging – If you want a hands-free method of charging, look for one of the ChargeBox columns, which contains a group of small lockers equipped with charging leads for most phones. Phones take about 30 – 90 minutes to fully charge. Just plug in your phone, lock it up and take the key with you while you shop or dine! Rate: Free to use! Chargebox locations: Terminal South (Hall A) • Terminal West (boarding lounges 32 and 40).
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs, operated by HSBC, are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: unknown.
- Currency Exchange – Foreign currency exchange, money transfers, VAT refund and more are available at Travelex. Two locations: Terminal South, airside, Departures Hall B • Terminal South, landside, Departures, near the domestic flights baggage carousel. Hours: 6:30AM – 10:30PM.
- Religious Spaces –
- Terminal South – Chapel (Scheduled Catholic Mass, Protestant service, and Prayer Time is open to all. Location: landside, Level 2). • Mosque (Location: Level 1, Room A726, near the photobooth. Hours: 5:00AM – 11:30PM). • Synagogue (Location: Level 1, near multi-faith office. Multifaith Offices (Locations: Level 2, near Jean Mermoz • Level 1, Room A766, near the photobooth).
- Terminal West – Multifaith Prayer Area (Location: landside, Arrivals Level, behind baggage area. Hours: 7:00AM – 10:00PM) • Multifaith Office (Location: landside, Arrivals Level, Gate H).
Rest & Relaxation
- Cots – In the event of bad weather or massive flight cancellations, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. If you are stranded during a weather delay, contact an airport employee to find out when the cots are located. Unfortunately, the cots are not available for travellers who simply decide to spend the night in the airport. Due to the amount of wacky email we receive about this, we’ll also let you know that cots cannot be “reserved” and we don’t know where they are kept. Please speak to a gate agent or an airport employee.
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage Chairs – Location: South and West Terminals, Airside. Fee: Starting from €2,00.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available in these locations: Terminal South, airside, Level 1, Departures Hall A (international zone) and Hall B (Schengen) • Terminal West (airside, Departures Hall 3). In addition to duty-free shopping, a wide variety of retail shops are located throughout the airport.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Works of Parisian art and culture are on display in Terminal West (Hall 1) and Terminal South. A beautiful and inspiring combination of music and photography is on display at the French Pop Exhibition, a collection of photographs featuring French singers, songwriters and composers from the ‘50’s to modern day. You can view this collection along the walls of Departure Hall B in Terminal South for the next two years, starting in September 2016.
- Library – Relax and unwind with a good book at the airport’s sleek and modern library! Traditional print media and tablets containing digital books and magazines are available, as well as comfortable leather couches and large tables with stools. Over 100 children’s books are available. Location: Terminal South, airside, Hall B.
The airport is open from 3:30AM – 12:30AM. Overnight stays are discouraged and you may be asked to leave the building at closing time, but according to the airport’s website about spending the night in the airport, “if you have a travel agent’s notification for a flight you may wait for your departure flight.”
As of March 2018, Paris Orly airport is served by the following airlines: Aeromexico • Aigle Azur • Air Algerie • Air Caraïbes • Air Europa • Air France • Alitalia • American Airlines • Avianca • Azores Airlines • Azul • BA Cityflyer • British Airways • Chalair • Corsair • Cubana Airlines • Delta • Eastern Airways • easyJet • Finnair • Flybe • French Blue • HOP! • Iberia • Icelandair • Iran Air • KLM • LATAM • Norwegian • Open Skies • Pegasus Airlines • Royal Air Maroc • TAP Portugal • Transavia • TUIFly • Tunisair • Twin Jet • Vueling • XL Airways.
The airport is well connected to the bus system. Whether you are looking for a non-stop connection to Paris, need to reach the Denfert-Rochereau Metro Station or another Paris airport or need to get to Disneyland Paris, there is probably a bus for you. For more information and to plan your trip, visit the Paris Orly Airport website.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite at Orly West: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Europcar, Firefly, Hertz, Interrent, National, Sixt, Thrifty and TT Car Transit.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service:
- Best Western Plus Paris-Orly Airport – Shuttle Hours: 6:00AM – 11:40PM, departs every 20-30 minutes. On Saturday and Sunday, the shuttle starts at 5:00AM. Pick-up locations: Orly Ouest/West (Gate D) and Orly Sud/South (Gate E).
- Grand Hotel Senia – Shuttle Hours: 24 hours, departs every 30 – 60 minutes depending on the time of day.
- Hilton Paris Orly Airport – Shuttle Hours: 24 hours. From 6:00AM – 12:00AM, the shuttle departs every 15 minutes from the Orly Ouest/West (Gate D/ Stop #6) & Orly Sud/South (Gate G/ Stop #10). Service is available upon request after 12:00AM. Call the front desk at +33 1 45 12 45 12 to request a pick-up.
- Hotel la Rotonde
- Howard Hotel Paris- Orly Airport – Shuttle Hours: 5:00AM – 12:00AM and 5:00PM – 11:00PM.
- Ibis Paris Orly Rungis – Shuttle Hours: 5:00AM – 11:00PM, departs every 30 minutes.
- Kyriad Orly Aeroport – Athis Mons – Shuttle Hours: 5:00AM – 11:40PM.
- Kyriad Orly – Rungis – Shuttle Hours: 5:30AM – 9:00AM and 6:15PM – 10:45PM (weekdays) or 7:15PM to 9:15PM (weekends and bank holidays).
- Mercure Paris Orly Aeroport – Shuttle Hours: 5:00AM – 12:00AM, departs every 20 minutes.
- Mercure Paris Orly Rungis – Shuttle Hours: The shuttle departs every 30 minutes, but the hours are unknown.
- Novotel Paris Orly Rungis – Shuttle Hours: 5:10AM – 11:10PM. Pick-up locations: Orly Ouest/West (stop 12) and Orly Sud/South (stop 7).
- Orly Superior Hotel – Shuttle Hours: 4:30AM – 11:30PM, every 30 minutes. There is no service between 12:00PM – 4:00PM. Travel time is 5 minutes. Pick-up locations: Orly Sud/South (Gate E, Stop 7) and Orly Ouest/West Terminal (Gate D, Stop #12). Please call 01- 69-44-33-67 as soon as you have picked-up your luggage.
OrlyVAL is an automated rail service that connects the Orly West terminal, Orly South terminal and the “Antony” RER rail station. Orly also offers a free shuttle between the terminals and the airport’s car parks. For rates (where applicable), schedules and routes, visit the Paris Orly Airport website.
Two types of licensed, metered official taxis are available at Orly: Paris and Suburban. The taxis serve different “departments” of Paris and are subject to different rates. For more information and to select which taxi is right for you, visit the Paris Orly Airport website.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.