Rome Fiumicino Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Rome Fiumicino Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Slept here last week undisturbed in Terminal 3 , third floor, bring a mattress or similar and you have a good sleep on the ground. -Fremantlefred
Terminal 3 - I had a 20 hour wait airside in Rome Fiumicino due to weird flight patterns. It was too cold to go outside (I only had my carry on luggage) and I'm too cheap to pay the 60e for the hotel so decided to sleep it off. I asked the AlItalia desk and they advised me to stay around the G gates area of terminal 3 since it's more roomy than the H gates area. Plenty of space, hardly anyone else there. There are a lot of reclining metal seat things that are like mini beds, they have black mattresses on them that can be removed. I took 3 of them and just tried to find a warm place in the terminal - there was none. unfortunately. I ended up in the (very clean) disabled toilet but it was still freezing. Slept maybe 1 hour during the whole period. Wifi is free and really good though, and there are plugs everywhere. I had my comp so just streamed films which isn't actually too bad. I had lounge access but they all close at 11:30. The AlItalia lounge in G gate area is superior - it even has showers that can be unlocked with a coin, and look like they've never been used (but they work great). If you have some warm clothes, bring them and you'll be fine. The security even checked on me in the disabled toilet but left me alone and just asked if I was OK. Very nice people.
Have you been to Rome Fiumicino Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Rome Fiumicino airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- I Mosaici - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, 1st Floor, Gate D5 (Schengen Area). Showers are available. Hours: 615am - 830pm. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Le Anfore Business Class Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Satellite Area, opposite Gates C30 and C31 (Non-Schengen Flights). Showers are available. Hours: 615am - 11:45pm. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Avia Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, 2nd Floor (escalator near Gates C and D). Hours: 530am - 830pm. Lounge Access: Book Online (£25.00) • Priority Pass.
- Alitalia Lounges - There a 5 Alitalia lounges (three in Terminal 1 and two in Terminal 3). Rate: Free for Ulisse members. MilleMiglia members pay EUR 30.
Free WiFi is available at Rome Fiumicino Airport for 30 minutes. Connect to the "Boingo" network. After the 30 minute time limit, you can buy extra time. Internet kiosks are available in Terminal 3.
If sleeping in the Rome Fiumicino Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport....
- Hilton Hotel - connected to airport by a pedestrian walkway. Day rooms are offered 900am-600pm.
- Hilton Garden Inn - Free airport shuttle operates every 30 minutes between 6am-1030pm.
- Al Porticciolo Hotel - airport shuttle bus is available
- Best Western - shuttle bus available on request (at extra cost)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Fiumicino Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Auto Europe • Avis • Budget • Easycar • Europcar • Hertz • Maggiore • Sixt and more. Location: The car rental counters are located in Torre Uffici 2, which is accessible via the pedestrian tunnels to the Multilevel Parking building.
- Chapel -
The Christian Chapel - Location: Terminal 3, International Departures.
Multi-faith Room - Locations: Terminal 3, International Arrivals and Terminal 2, Domestic Arrivals
- Currency Exchange - There are approx. 14 foreign currency desks predominately located in Termal 3 and 5 (landside and airside). Hours: vary. At the time of this update I do not see a desk that is open 24 hours. They seem to be open from around 5am (earliest) to 11pm (latest).
- Food & Drinks - There are a few 24-hour food and beverage concessions available:
» Landside: Rustichelli & Mangione (Terminal 3, Departures Mezzanine) • Vacanze Romane (Terminal 3, Arrivals).
» Airside: Hello - Spizzico (G01) •
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Terminal 3, Arrivals level. Hours: 630 am - 1130 pm. Rate: 6 Euros per item per 24 hours
- Pharmacy - Locations: Terminal 1, Departures (Hours: 7am - 10pm) • Terminal 3, Departures Mezzanine, Landside (Hours: 7am - 10pm)
- Showers - not available
Eduardo J (29 Jul 2012): I just slept there the a couple of weeks ago, you have to stay in the T2 since all the other terminals close during the night, upstairs there are some benches where you can fit nicely if you're smaller than I am, I opted for my sleeping bag downstairs near the last entrance to the right, no one bothered me and nearby you can find the only power outlets in the airport.
Open 24 hours
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Rome Fiumicino Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Rome Travel Resources
- Rome Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 18 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.