Saarbrücken Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Saarbrücken Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Saarbrücken Airport.
What to Expect
- The small terminal provides flights to several European destinations.
- WiFi is available for a fee. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Saarbrücken Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- SCN Business Lounge - Location: Airside, opposite the Take-Off Bar. Hours: First scheduled flight departure (approx 4:20AM) - after the last scheduled flight departure (approx. 9:15PM). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€20)
WiFi is available at Saarbrücken Airport for a fee. Internet is provided through Telekom in the terminal waiting areas, at the Bistro and in the gate area. You will need to create a Telekom account if you do not already have one.
If sleeping in Saarbrücken Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Restaurant La Fontana Costanzo - Less than 3 miles to the airport. Airport transfers available (must be pre-arranged)
- Ibis Budget Saarbrucken Ost - (7.5 miles from the airport) No airport shuttles.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Saarbrücken Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours – Individual and group tours of the airport available for people over 6 years of age.
- ATMs - A Sparkasse ATM is located landside, next to the information desk.
- Conference Facilities – Numerous conferences rooms are available for rent. Additional information unavailable.
- Disabled Services – Services include restrooms for people with reduced mobility, public telephones, wheelchair accessible elevators, handicap parking and medical lifts for boarding the aircraft. Service requests must be indicated in advance.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Heinemann Duty Free sells standard duty free goods. The Airportshop sells magazines, newspapers, small gifts and snacks.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, no 24-hour options are available. There is one first floor landside option (the Finetime Bistro) and one airside option (Take-Off Bar). The Panoramic Café with Beer Garden is open during the summer on the observation deck.
- Late Night Check-in - If you wish to do a late night check in (between 6:00PM and 8:00PM) you will need to pay a fee. Airberlin group passengers will pay 8 Euro, and SUN Express passengers will pay 5 Euro. The fee is to be paid in cash at the check-in counter.
- Observation Deck
The airport is open 24 hours.
Car rentals are available through the following companies: Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt.
- Bus: Regional Bus line R10 travels between Saarbrucken – Airport – Assweiler and Blieskastel. The first and last stop on the line are at train stations, and the stop in Assweiler connects on with numerous other bus lines.
- Shuttles: The following companies operate a shuttle service: Van Service DI Liberto • TourService Kellner GmbH • Mein Flughafentransfer
Taxis are available in front of the terminal during departure and arrival times. Outside standard operating hours, you can call a taxi at the information desk.
Last Updated: 24 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.