Stockholm Arlanda Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Stockholm Arlanda Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I slept at the Terminal 2 between two desks and nobody annoyed me until 5am - when the desks opened. -alesssia
I spend one night in March. I had read the reviews here before opting to sleep in Arlanda airport.
After customs I found myself outside security around 11pm. I made my way to the Sky City area with many shops and a few restaurants. There are about a dozen long benches with backs and about three centimeters of padding. They are flat and constructed of cardboard and a bit hard and narrow but plenty long for me: 6'1'. About 3/4 were occupied in the restaurant areas that had already closed.
The Sky City area is dimly lit and quiet. I slept until 6am. There was a strong and very cold draft the second half of the night as if someone left a window open. About 4a there were many people walking behind the bench going to early morning flights, but no one bothered me. The cleaning crew drove noisy floor polishers that shook the floor several times.
Overall it wasn't bad. There is always a Clarion hotel right there attached to the airport if it becomes unbearable. :)
After going through security in the morning I saw many blocks of seats at the gates. They had no arm rests and more cushion than the Sky City benches but had a hard bar between each seat.
Arlanda offers 3hrs of Internet access. Register from your computer and an access code is sent to your cell phone.
I found one small block of lockers past the restrooms in Sky City but they were all rented.
The Sky City bathroom was a little dirty at night and not cleaned by 6a in the morning.
Have you been to Stockholm Arlanda Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- SAS Business Lounge - Terminal 5, airside. Hours: 530am - 11pm (Sun - Fri) • 530am - 830pm (Sat)
- Menzies Aurora Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 1st Floor, Schengen and non-Schengen Departures and Schengen Arrivals. Hours: 530am - 730pm. Lounge Access: SEK 250 at the door.
- Menzies Business Lounge - Location: Terminal 5, Airside, A-Pier. Hours: 5300am-730pm. Lounge Access: £22.00 per person (online) to guarantee that you have a seat. » book lounge
- Menzies Executive Lounge - Location: Terminal 5, F-Pier, Schengen. Hours: 545am - 830pm (Mon - Fri) • 815 - 130pm (Sat) • 630am - 800pm (Sun). Lounge Access: unknown.
- Free WiFi is available at Stockholm Arlanda Airport for up to 3 hours (or 100mb). Connect to the "Airport-Guest" network. If you require more time or data, you can buy access with a credit card: 1 hour (SEK 49) or 24 hours (SE129)
- Sidewalk Express offers pay per use internet stations. Location: 2,4,5, and SkyCity, landside.
If sleeping in the Stockholm Airport really does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
- Clarion Hotel Arlanda - connected to SkyCity, between Terminals 4 and 5. Day rooms are available. If you are not a guest, you can pay to use the swimming pool, sauna and gym. A admission rate of SEK 150 includes towels.
- Radisson Blu Sky City - Located inside the airport between Terminals 4 and 5. Day rooms are available for 4 or 8 hours.
- Rest and Fly - Day rooms can be rented by the hour between the hours 6am - 8pm. Located between Terminal 4 and the escalator to SkyCity.
- Connect Arlanda - Reasonably priced hotel with a free airport shuttle (Hours: 4am - 1230am). Transfer time is approx. 10 minutes.
- Radisson Blu Arlanda - A free airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes between the hours 5am - 12am.
- Jumbo Stay - a 747 Jumbo Jet that has been converted into a hostel..
- Airport Tours - If you are travelling with a group, the airport offers airport tours that can arranged before you arrive. » book a tour
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Cash machines dispense both SEK and EUR. Available before security in Terminals 2, 5 and SkyCity.
- Car Rentals -
Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt. Location: Car Rental Area - Take Transfer bus 17 from stop 17 outside terminals 2, 4 and 5.
Sixt (Location: Arlanda Långtid Alfa long-term parking - Take transfer bus 14 from stop 14 outside terminals 2, 4 and 5).
- Chapel - Location: SkyCity, landside. Hours: 5am - 10pm
- Children's Play Area - Location: Terminal 4, airside, near Gate 31 and Terminal 5, airside.
- Currency Exchange - There are 5 currency exchange offices located landside in the following locations: Skycity, Terminal 2, and three offices in Terminal 5. There is also a Forex Bank located after security in Terminal 5.
- Food & Drinks - There are many food concessions at Arlanda Airport, but only one of them is open 24-hours. However, you can also find food vending machines in Terminals 2 and 3. Food concessions airside are open for as along as there are flights operatin
»Terminal 5 - Grand Cafe Stockholm (landside) • 7 Eleven Express
- Gym - You can pay to use the gym at the Clarion Hotel Arlanda. Gym Hours: 5am - 11pm. » see Airport Hotels above
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - There is a left luggage office located at Bagport: Terminal 5, Level 1. Hours: 6am-10pm. Rates: unknown. Additionally, there are lockers in Terminals 2, 4 and 5 (landside). Rates vary from SEK 30-50 per 24-hours period.
- Pharmacy - Location: SkyCity, Landside. Hours: 7am - 8pm (Mon - Fri), 930am - 5pm (Sat) and 930am - 8pm (Sun).
- Showers - Showers are available at Rest and Fly. Rate: 75SEK
- Smoking Rooms - Available in Terminal 2 (entrance A) and Terminal 5 (near gate 3, 13, F65, and level 3 after the large duty free)
- Swimming Pool & Sauna - You can pay to use the swimming pool and sauna at the Clarion Hotel Arlanda. Pool Hours: 530am - 9pm. Sauna Hours: 5am - 9pm (Mon - Fri) and 10am - 11pm (Sat - Sun). » see Airport Hotels above
Open 24 hours - terminal 3 closes at night.
Facebook and Twitter Tips
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Stockholm Arlanda Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Stockholm Travel Resources
- Stockholm Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 19 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.