Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Stockholm Arlanda Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I slept at the Terminal 2 between two desks and nobody annoyed me until 5am – when the desks opened. -alesssia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Stockholm Arlanda Airport.
What to Expect
Stockholm Arlanda International Airport consists of four terminals: T2, T3, T4 and T5. International flights depart from T2 and T5, with T5 being the newer and larger of the two. Domestic flights depart from T3 and T4. The terminals are connected by walkways, shuttle busses and the Arlanda Express, a train that ultimately connects to the city centre. Amenity-wise, there are a good number of restaurants, shops and activities for travellers, including unlimited free WiFi. Terminal highlights include the in-airport bakery at RC Chocolate, the outdoor pool at Hotel Arlanda, and the wedding services at the air traffic control tower. Be aware that the only 24-hour restaurant is the landside 7/11 in T5. For added comfort while you wait, economy class passengers can access first class lounges in T2 or T5 – some of which have showers! See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and access information.
Where to Sleep
Stockholm Arlanda receives generally good reviews from airport sleepers. The entire airport, with the exception of T3, is open overnight, yet remain fairly quiet until 5:00AM when departures begin. Staff are reputed to be generally tolerant of airport sleepers, with a few people writing in to say that security staff were both helpful and made them feel safe. There are plenty of seats and lounge chairs to spread out on, with the greatest concentration in the upstairs area of SkyCity. A few reviewers also mention sleeping on the benches at closed restaurants and shopping areas, or around Gate F33 where it is particularly comfortable and quiet. That said, if you are going to overnight here, layers or a warm blanket will serve you well as it can get chilly. Explore our guide to sleeping in Stockholm Arlanda Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. For more comfort and privacy, there are hotels directly connected to the airport, and others nearby that are connected by shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
Got a really long layover? Pay the day fee (SEK 100) for Hotel Arlanda and enjoy the fitness facilities and the outdoor pool. Your fee includes change room access, towels, water and fruit!
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Aurora Executive Lounge by Menzies – Location: Terminal 2, Airside. Access only for Schengen & Non-Schengen Departures & Schengen Arrivals from T2. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
[ update ]
If sleeping in Stockholm Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
At Airport Clarion Hotel Arlanda – Connected to SkyCity, between Terminals 4 and 5. Day rooms are available. If you are not a guest, you can pay to use the swimming pool, sauna and gym. An admission rate of SEK 150 includes towels. » Check Rates
At Airport Radisson Blu Sky City – Located inside the airport, between Terminals 4 and 5. Day rooms are available for 4 or 8 hours. Guests can walk or take the free shuttle to all terminals. » Check Rates
At Airport Rest and Fly – Located between Terminal 4 (domestic) and the escalator to SkyCity. Overnight rooms can be used for up to 10 hours. Day rooms can be rented by the hour between the hours of 6:00AM to 8:00PM. Rooms do not have TV but rates do include bedding and towels (150 SEK for the first hour and 50 SEK each subsequent hour). Guests must store their luggage in the airport’s left luggage facility or self-service lockers located throughout the terminals. Shower only packages are also available. » Check Rates
Near Airport Radisson Blu Arlandia – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes between the hours 4:00AM to Midnight. » Check Rates
Near Airport Connect Arlanda – (10 minutes from the airport) Reasonably priced hotel with a free airport shuttle (Hours: 4:00AM – 12:30AM). Bus departs from the hotel after every 30 minutes (on the hour and half-hour). Transfer time is approx. 10 minutes. » Check Rates
Near Airport Jumbo Stay – (10 minutes from the airport) A real 747 Jumbo Jet that has been converted into a hostel. Private rooms and 4-bed mixed dorm available. Free round-trip airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes from 5:00AM – 12:00AM, after which it runs according to arrivals/departures schedule. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Stockholm Arlanda Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
[ update ]
Free WiFi is available at Stockholm Arlanda Airport for up to 3 hours or 100 MB. Connect to the “Airport-Guest” network. If you require more time or data, you can buy additional access with a credit card at the following rates: SEK 49 for 1 hour or SEK 129 for 24 hours.
Pro-Tip: Be careful with your internet usage, it’s free for 100MB or 3 hours. After that, you get kicked out and it is not possible to renew without paying.
Sidewalk Express offers pay per use internet stations. Location: 2,4,5, and SkyCity, landside.
[ update ]
- Faxing & Printing – Faxing and printing services are available at Bagport, in addition to the VIP lounges. See Luggage Storage & Lockers for location and hours.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – A changing room for babies is available landside in SkyCity, between T4 and T5. Diaper changing tables are available in all restrooms throughout each of the terminals. Strollers are available for use in the airport, free of charge, from check-in to the gate. Airport strollers can be picked up in T2, T4 and T5. Passengers of T3 can pick up a stroller from T2.
- Children’s Play Area – Your kids will love these whimsical travel-themed play areas! Locations – Airside at: T2, Gate 67 • T3, Airside • T4, Gate 31 • T5, Gate 3.
- Fitness – You can pay to use the gym, sauna, jacuzzi and other facilities inside the SATS Fitness Centre in the Radisson Blu, for a one-time visitors fee of SEK 200. Location: SkyCity, landside, Radisson Blu SkyCity Hotel, 5th Floor. Hours: 5:00AM – 10:00PM (Mon-Fri) and 7:00AM – 9:00PM (Sat-Sun). You can also pay to use the swimming pool, sauna and gym at the Clarion Hotel Arlanda. Hours: 5:00AM – 9:00PM.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Most food concessions throughout the airport operate according to flight schedules. There are no 24-hour options at the time of this update. The Sky Cafe is your best bet, located in Sky City it is open 2:30AM – 1:30AM. Vending machines are available in T2 and T3.
- Information Desk – You will find an Information Desk in every Terminal except Terminal 3. Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Bagport offers left luggage and clothing storage. Rates: unknown Location: T5, landside, Level 1 Hours: 5:00AM – 11:00PM. Additionally, there are left luggage lockers landside in SkyCity, T2, T4 and T5. Rates vary from SEK 30-50 per 24-hour period.
- Luggage Wrapping – Available at Bagport. See Luggage Storage & Lockers for location and hours.
- Medical Services – Vaccinations and medical consultations are available at the Airport Sky healthcare clinic. Location: SkyCity, landside, Entrance A, 5th Floor Hours: 8:00AM – 5:00PM (Mon – Fri). AktiveraKliniken offers naprapathic medicine and massage therapy. Location: SkyCity, landside, Entrance F, Level 6 Hours: 8:00AM – 5:00PM. Therapeutic massage, medical podiatry, acupuncture and chiropractic treatments are available at Flygterapeuterna. Location: SkyCity, landside, Entrance B, take stairs from the Airport Fashion Men store Hours: 8:30AM – 4:00PM (Mon – Fri).
- Pharmacy – A wide range of health and beauty products are available at Apoteksgruppen. You can even get your prescriptions filled in their SkyCity location! Locations: SkyCity, landside Hours: 7:00AM – 8:00PM (Mon-Fri), 9:30AM – 5:00PM (Sat) and 9:30AM – 8:00PM (Sun) • T5, airside Hours: 5:00AM – 9:00PM (Mon-Fri & Sun), 5:00AM – 7:00PM (Sat).
- Mobile Charging – According to a traveller review (Oct 2016), there is mobile charging outlets available in SkyCity and at the gates in Terminal 4 and 5.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Airside in T2, T4 and T5, • Landside in SkyCity. A machine in the T5 Departure Hall dispenses both Swedish Crowns and Euro.
- Banking Services – SEB offers full-service banking. Location: SkyCity, landside.Hours: 10:00AM – 1:00PM (Mon-Fri).
- Currency Exchange – Currency exchange and Western Union money transfers are available in the airport:
- Landside: Forex (T2 and SkyCity) • SEB (T5 and SkyCity) • X-Change (T5 – three locations). Hours: vary according to location with many opening as early as 5:00AM.
- Airside: Forex (T5). Hours: 5:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Chapel – Find peace and solace at the airport’s interfaith chapel. If you need a priest, a Church of Sweden priest is available on hand Monday through Friday. Location: T5, landside Hours: 5:00AM – 10:00PM.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free stores are available airside in T2, T4 and T5 (Schengen and non-Schengen). A variety of retails shops are also available. Most shops open an hour before first flight departure, and close just after last flight departure of the day. There is a 7/11 that is open 24 hours for those last minute snacks and drinks. Location: T5, Landside.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Massages – Massage services are available at Aktivera Kliniken. Location: Landside, SkyCity, Entrance F, Level 6. Hours: 8:00AM – 5:00PM (Mon – Fri only). Massages, acupuncture and more, are offered at Flygterapeuterna. Location: Landside, SkyCity, Entrance B. Hours: 8:30AM – 4:00PM (Mon – Fri only)
- Showers – Showers are available at Rest and Fly. Location: near Terminal 4 and SkyCity. Rate: 100 SEK which includes shower gel, shampoo and a towel.
- Spa & Salon Services – Hair styling and styling products are available at Flygfrisören. Location: SkyCity, landside Hours: 10:00AM – 6:00PM (Mon-Fri – outside of these days by appointment only).
- Smoking Rooms – Available in Terminal 2 (entrance A) and Terminal 5 (near gate 3, 13, F65, and level 3 after the large duty free).
Things to do & see
- Airport Tours – Find out what happens at the airport during a behind-the-scenes airport tour available to groups only (sorry solo travellers).
- Weddings – When you want to exchange vows and board a plane to your honeymoon shortly afterwards, there is nowhere more convenient than the airport. Stockholm Arlanda offers a variety of wedding services including a reception in one of the airport’s Swedish designed VIP Lounges, a ceremony in the control tower or a church service performed in the airport’s chapel. Contact the airport for more information.
[ update ]
As of June 2019, Stockholm Arlanda airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean Airlines • Aeroflot • Air Arabia • Air Baltic • Air Cairo • Air China • Air Europa • Air France • Air India • Air Leap • Air Serbia • AIS Airlines • Amapola • Atlas Global • Austrian Airlines • Belavia • Blue Air • British Airways • China Eastern • Corendon Airlines • Croatia Airlines • Czech Airline • EasyJet • Emirates • Ethiopian Airlines • Eurowings • Finnair • Flybe • Iberia • Icelandair • Iran Air • KLM • LOT • Lufthansa • Nordica • Norwegian • Nouvelair • Novair • NYX Air • Pegasus Airlines • Qatar Airways • Royal Air Maroc • S7 Airlines • SAS • Singapore Airlines • Sun Express • Swiss • TAP Portugal • Tarom • Thai Airways • Transavia • TUIFly • Turkish Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • United Airlines • Vueling • Wings of Lebanon.
[ update ]
Arlanda airport is accessed by several local and long-distance bus lines. Passengers can take a bus to or from Stockholm, Uppsala, Västerås, Malmö and points beyond. The most popular bus services to/from Arlanda Airport are:
- Air Shuttle – The Air Shuttle travels from the City Terminal Bus Station in central Stockholm to Arlanda Airport (total trip time: 35 minutes)
- Flygbussarna – These highly eco-friendly buses run on RME bio-fuel, a fossil fuel made from rapeseed. Services available to Stockholm city center, Bromma Bus Station and Liljeholmen.
- Night Bus to Stockholm and Uppsala – SL (Stockholm Transport) night bus 592 runs between Arlanda Airport and central Stockholm.
- Uppsala Airport Coach – UL (Upplands Lokaltrafik) airport bus route 801 runs between Arlanda and Uppsala.
- Nettbuss Bus4You Västerås – Like Flygbussarna, Nettbuss operates a fleet of eco-friendly buses that run on RME-biofuel. Nettbuss provides a nonstop service between Arlanda Airport and Västerås.
- Swebus Airport Service – Swebus runs four bus lines from Arlanda Airport (all terminals) to Uppsala and Örebro, stopping at several points in between.
To plan your trip, visit the Arlanda Airport website.
Alamo • Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Europcar • Hertz • National and Sixt car rental agencies operate at Arlanda Airport’s car rentals area. To find out how to access your rental car, visit the Arlanda Airport website.
Car sharing is an economical and eco-friendly way to rent a car for a brief period. Car sharing stations are located throughout the city, and are open 24 hours a day. Vehicles can be picked up at one station and dropped off at another. Car2Go and Sunfleet have vehicles available for use from Arlanda Airport.
Only approved eco-taxis are permitted to operate from the taxi stands at Arlanda Airport. Fares are not fixed, and all taxis must clearly display their highest fare (comparative price) on both sides of the vehicle. This allows passengers to quickly compare pricing before selecting a taxi. There is no need to take the first taxi in the queue. The maximum price for trips within the marked zone boundaries is SEK 675 (price valid for up to 4 passengers traveling to a single address as of June 2019). Taxi dispatchers are available if you require assistance or need to order a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
Most trains access the airport from Arlanda Central Station, located between Terminals 4 and 5 in an area called SkyCity. The Arlanda Express accesses the airport directly from all terminals. The following trains provide service to and from Arlanda Airport:
- Arlanda Express – A high-speed train that runs a non-stop route between Stockholm Central Station and Arlanda Airport (total trip time: 20 minutes).
- Commuter Trains – Commuter trains run from Arlanda Central Station to Stockholm Central Station or Uppsala.
- Long Distance Trains – Passengers can take a long distance train from Arlanda Central Station to Uppsala, Malmö, Gävle and points beyond.
To plan your trip, visit the Arlanda Airport website.
[ update ]
Last updated: 2019-07-16
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.