Vienna Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Vienna Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I found a supermarket; yes, that's right, a SUPERMARKET, in the basement.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Vienna Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport has 4 terminals: T1, T1A, T2, and T3. T1 and T3 are home to larger, international carriers; T1A houses budget airlines. T2 is currently closed for renovations.
- The layout is a bit confusing, so pay attention if you’re rushing to catch the night flight.
- Food is available 24-hour in the Arrivals Hall. See Food & Drinks in the airport guide below.
- WiFi is free and unlimited. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Concourse F in T3 is a long hallway with big couches to sleep on - quiet too. Look for Gates F30 and F27 in particular. Some travellers report getting let in there even if their flights are for other concourses.
- Many couches are located in front of windows, so expect the sun to wake you early during summer months. Bring eyeshades!
- Many gates have little cubicles so you can get some privacy while charging your electronics.
- Plenty of no-armrest seating available with couches spread out through the airport.
- Staff is tolerant of overnight travellers.
- The airport can be noisy with announcements, so bring a blanket and ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones.
- For uninterrupted sleep, several hotels are nearby. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can purchase entry to four airport lounges (one lounge has showers). See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and hours.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Vienna Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Vienna airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Jet Lounge - Location: airside, Schengen, next to A-Gates on 2nd floor. Serves Check-in 1 or 2. Showers are available. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (EUR 29.50) • Book Online (£25.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- SKY Lounge - Location: airside, Schengen, D-Gates. Showers are available. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (EUR 29.50)
- Air Lounge – Location: airside, non-Schengen, at the start of the D gates right after passport control. Showers are available. Hours: 5:00AM - 12:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (EUR 29.50)
- SKY Lounge - Location: airside, non-Schengen, Level 2. Showers are available. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (EUR 29.50)
Free WiFi is available at Vienna Airport.
If sleeping in Vienna Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- NH Vienna Airport Conference Center - (2 min walk from the airport terminal) Located across from the Arrivals Hall. Day rooms are available 9:00AM to 7:00PM.
- Hotel Deininger - (3 min from the airport) Airport transfers available.
- EuroHotel Airport Vienna - (10 min from the airport) Airport shuttle is available ($).
- Arion Hotel - (7 min from the airport) Airport shuttle is available.
- Das Reinisch Bed & Breakfast - (10 min from the airport) The bed & breakfast is 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel’s main building. Airport transfers available at 10 Euro per person, each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Vienna Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - Take a tour and learn about the history and the complex functions of the airport through interactive and educational displays at the VISITAIR Center. Among the center’s features are an "interactive media table" and a "sound station" where you can listen to sample flight, traffic and everyday noise. A more exciting tour option includes a bus ride out on the tarmac! Location: Airside. Center hours: 8:30AM - 6:00PM daily, including holidays (Closed Sundays). Tours run between 9:00AM - 5:00PM (reservation required!). Duration of tour is 50 minutes. Rate: Entry to center is free, but tour is € 9, 90 per adult. A kid’s tour is also available.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATM locations: Landside: T1 • T2 • T3 • Arrivals • Car Park 8 • Office Park 1 and 3 • VIP/GAC. Airside: C Gates • D Gates • F Gates • G Gates • Plaza
- Baby Care Facilities - Changing tables are available in most large restrooms and at the Family Fun Gate at T3, airside, F Gates. Strollers are available for use in the airport, free of charge. You can pick one up at the Baggage Service Center in T3 and use it all the way up to the gate!
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Areas - If you’re traveling with kids ages 4 - 10 years old, check out the Family Fun Gate, an indoor playground with climbing wall, a slide, labyrinth, revolving doors and more! Location: T3, airside, at the start of the F Gates (just after the shopping area). Another area to check out is the Family Corner, with interactive game screens. There is one Family Corner each at the F Gates and the G Gates. The Family Corner at G Gates also has a play area for small children.
- Currency Exchange - Interchange, Raiffeisenbank and Erste counters can be found landside and airside. There is an Interchange located in the Arrivals Hall that is open 5:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Heinemann Duty Free is available airside in the Plaza, C Gates, D Gates, F Gates and G Gates, with most of the locations open from 5:00AM until 10:00PM or 11:30PM. A wide variety of retail shops is also available, including Spar Supermarket.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- Landside: Cafe + Co Bar (Office Park 3) • McDonald’s / McCafe (Arrivals)
- Airside: Cafe + Co Bar (three locations - at Gates C, F and G)
- Information Desks - There are several information desks located throughout the airport:
- Tourist Information - Location: Arrivals. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM
- ÖBB Train Information - Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: 8:00AM - 6:30PM.
- Airport Information: - Locations: Terminal 3 (Hours: 5:30AM - 10:00PM) • Terminal 1 (Hours: 5:00AM - 10:50PM) • Arrivals Hall - Airside (Hours: 5:30AM - 10:50PM) • Arrivals Hall, Landside (Hours: 5:30AM - 11:30PM).
- Luggage Trolleys - There is a fee to use the luggage trolleys. They will accept the following coins: € 1 • € 0,50 • Czk 5 • HUF 100 • Sfr 1 • US-Cent 25
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Store your luggage with Baggage Corner for up to 6 months at the following rates: € 4 per regular-sized piece of luggage, per day or € 8 per oversized piece of luggage, per day. Other services available are safe deposit box for € 4 per item, per day, and wardrobe service storage of jacket/coat, shoes, hat, gloves and scarf for € 2 per set of clothing, per day. Location: T1 and T3, landside in both terminals. Hours: 5:30AM - 11:00PM.
- Luggage Wrapping - Available at Baggage Corner for € 12 per bag/suitcase. If you need to transport a bike, bike boxes are available for € 35 per box. Location: T1 and T3, landside in both terminals. Hours: 5:30AM - 11:00PM.
- Medical Services - Travel vaccinations, as well as urgent and emergency medical care, is available at the Medical Centre. Location: Arrivals Level (Level 0). Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Mobile Charging - Power outlets are available throughout the airport, and integrated power outlets and USB connections can be found in seating areas at the B and C gates. In addition, specially-equipped workstations offer power outlets and laptop workspace.
- Observation Deck - Watch take-offs and landings with panoramic views from the Visitor Terrace. Read about airport facts, figures and job details from the aviation display boards at the terrace. Location: access via T3. Hours: 10:00AM - 8:00PM (all other days) • 8:00AM - 10:00PM (Summer hours 1 May - 31 Aug).
- Pharmacy - Location: T1, landside. Hours: 7:00AM - 7:00PM.
- Prayer Room - Interfaith prayer rooms are available in the airport. Church service is held every Sunday at 8:00AM. Locations: T3, landside, Level 2 (Hours: Open 24 hours) • T3, airside, Level 3 • The Plaza, airside. If you need a pastor, one is available at the pastoral care office. Location: T3, landside, Level 2. Hours: 10:00AM - 1:00PM.
- Rest Zones - The airport offers long benches ideal for a transit nap and areas of rest chairs in the International Departures area.
- In Terminal 1, there are comfortable deck chairs at the B Gates. At the C and D Gates, there are long benches. Also iIn the D Gates, there is also a relaxation area.
- In Terminal 3, there are comfortable couches at the F and G Gates. Also in the G Gates, there is a Relaxation Room with comfortable couches.
- Showers - Showers are available in the Jet Lounge [ see Airport Lounges above ].
- Smoking - Smoking is permitted in designated areas only. Check out these restaurants if you want to have a cigarette - Airside head to Daily Roast and Kuliniart; Landside try Johann’s Biereck, Take Off or The Dubliner.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Vienna AirportLines provides bus service between the airport and Vienna’s underground and long distance railways. There are three routes available, including the Wien Morzinplatz/Schwedenplatz line which operates 24 hours a day and can reach central Vienna from the airport in just 20 minutes. A single ticket on Vienna AirportLines is €8.
Long-distance buses to Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic are also available from the airport.
For fares, schedules and further information, visit the OBB web site.
Rental cars are available on-site on Level 0 of multi-storey car park 4 (P4) from the following companies: Avis, Buchbinder, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Megadrive, Sixt and Thrifty. Fox Autorent has a car rental return next to P4.
Car sharing is an economical and eco-friendly way to rent a car for a brief period. Car sharing stations are located throughout the city, and are open 24 hours a day. Vehicles can be picked up at one station and dropped off at another. Car2Go and DriveNow have vehicles available for use from Vienna Airport.
CAT (City Airport Train)
CAT is a non-stop express train that can reach central Vienna from the airport in just 16 minutes. The train operates from 5:36AM - 11:36PM between the airport and Wien Mitte Station in central Vienna. The fare is €12 for a single ticket and €19 for a round-trip ticket. Kids 14 and under travel for free. Tickets can be purchased at Wien Mitte Station or in Arrivals Hall at the airport. For schedules and further information, visit the OBB web site.
Taxis and Limousines
Taxis and limousines are available for hire at the taxi stand outside of Terminal 3.
The S-Bahn, or suburban underground railway, can take passengers from Vienna Airport to central Vienna in 25 minutes via the S7 line. Fares start at €4.40 and up, and include travel on the entire Vienna public transportation system. Tickets can be purchased from automated ticket machines located on train platforms at the airport and in the Vienna metropolitan area.
Passengers can get to Linz or St. Pölten on a long-distance (ICE) train, which runs between Linz and Wien Hbf (Hauptbahnhof) via Vienna Airport.
For fares, schedules and further information, visit the OBB web site.
Last Updated: 13 October 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.