Warsaw Chopin Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Warsaw Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I'm just quite happy that there is free internet at all - it would just be noce to have hotspots better marked so I don't have to walk around laptop in hand searching for internet looking like a twat" -katak
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Warsaw Chopin Airport.
What to Expect
- The compact airport has two terminals: the South Hall has areas A and B; the new North Hall is home to C, D, and E areas.
- Some travellers had issues at the security checks, though it seems like it has improved over the last 1-2 years.
- There are few 24-hour eateries. See Food & Drink in the airport guide below.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Airport staff are generally tolerant of overnight travellers, and travellers report feeling safe here.
- Airside seems to be more comfortable than Landside, so try to process through security early if you want to spend the night.
- Plenty of seating and much of it is without armrests so you can spread out.
- Look for the ING or T-Mobile booths for better WiFi, comfortable benches, and power outlets.
- Very quiet overnight, starts getting busy again after 4am.
- The airport can be very cold, so bring layers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel opposite the airport and several nearby hotels. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass to relax in three airport lounges; showers are available in one. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Warsaw Chopin Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Warsaw airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Bolero Lounge - Location: Terminal A, Airside, non-Schengen area, near Gates 7 and 8. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (PLN 130) • Book Online (£24.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Fantazja Lounge - Location: Terminal A, Airside, Schengen Area, near Gates 36/37.Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (PLN 130).
- Preludium Lounge - Location: Terminal A, Airside, Schengen Area, near Gates 33/35. Showers are available. Hours: 4:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (PLN 130) • Book Online (£24.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Unlimited free WiFi is available throughout the airport. No registration required! The connection will last for two hours, but can be reconnected immediately. Connect to the “Chopin-Airport” network for access.
If sleeping in Warsaw Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Courtyard Warsaw Airport - (5 minute walk from the airport terminal) Located opposite the Departures hall.
- Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Airport - (3 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle service runs daily, every 30 minutes, from 5:00AM to Midnight. Shuttle departs from its own marked parking spot in front of the Arrivals terminal exit.
- Airport Hotel Okecie - (5 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport transfers. Day rooms available from 10:00AM to 6:00PM.
- Gromada Airport - (5 minutes from the airport) A free shuttle bus is available.
- Holiday Inn Express Warsaw Airport - (5 minutes from the airport) A free shuttle bus is available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Warsaw Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Planet Cash dispenses money both Landside and Airside (Arrivals and Departures). Bank Pekao dispenses money, Landside next to Baggage Claim 2 Exit.
- Baby Care Facilities - Changing tables, sink and baby feeding chairs are available in any of the ten Baby Care rooms located in Terminal A. Strollers are provided by the airport for use within the airside section of the terminal, free of charge. Look for strollers marked with the “Fryderyka the Elephant” symbol.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapels - A non-denominational Christian chapel is available in the airport. The chapel has a separate interfaith area for passengers of all religions. Sunday services are held at 8:00AM, 10:00AM and 11:00AM. Location: Terminal A, Departure Hall Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM
- Children's Play Areas - Three indoor playgrounds are available for children aged 3 and under. Soft carpeting, mini houses, slides, swings and child-safe toys are available. LCD TVs play Disney cartoons nearby. Location: airside, between Gates 23/24 and 25/26 (Schengen zone) • airside, opposite Gates 40/41, near the stairs (Schengen zone) • airside, between Gates 19/20 and 21/22 (non-Schengen zone).
- Currency Exchange - Three currency exchange service providers will provide currency exchange both Landside and Airside. The ICE Exchange locations open the earliest at 5:00AM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available (open according to flight schedules) as well as a variety of shops to pass the time. There are six Relay shops open 4:00AM - 10:00PM. In addition, these shops are open 24 hours and may come in handy for a late night purchase: Discover Poland (Location: Airside, Schengen Zone) • Immedio (Location: Airside, Departures) • Virgin (Schengen Zone (+200) • Departures, Zone B)
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, these are the 24-hour food options: 1 Minute (Location: Landside, Arrivals, exit 2) • Business Shark (Location: Airside, Schengen Area) • Cheers! Bar (Location: Departures Level) • Costa Coffee (Location: Landside, Arrivals • Airside, Schengen Departures) • Illy (Location: Airside, Departures, Zone B).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Coin-operated lockers of various sizes are available for the storage of luggage only, for up to 72 hours. Rate: 12 - 15 PLN per 24 hours, payable in 1, 2 or 5 zloty coins only. Location: Terminal A, landside, Arrivals Level along the sideway behind the public bus stop.
- Mobile Charging - Yes
- Observation Deck - A glazed and roofed observation terrace offers views of the runway, as well as a radar for tracking flights. Free WiFi is available, as well as a gift shop and cafe. Rate: Free to enter Location: Entrance near the descent to the train station. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Showers - Free showers are available next to the McDonald's/Food Court in the airside zone. Showers are also available in the Preludium Lounge [ see Airport Lounges above ].
The airport is open 24 hours.
Chopin Airport bus terminal is located in front of the South Pier, on the Arrivals Level. The following bus routes serve the airport: Bus 175 (airport - city center - Central Railway Station) • Bus 188 (airport - Metro Politechnika station (city center) - Praga Południe (Wiatraczna) • Bus 148 (airport - Ursynów-Praga); Bus 331 (airport - Metro Wilanowska) • Bus N32 night bus (airport - Central Railway Station).
Bus tickets are sold at the Passenger Information Point (Arrivals Hall), automated vending machines at bus stops, ticket machines on some buses and from the bus driver. For fares, timetables and route information, visit the ZTM Warszawa website.
Modlinbus offers convenient and economical express transportation between the airport and a few key destinations. Current bus routes travel between Chopin Airport and the following destinations: Bydgoszcz, Modlin Airport, Łódź, Płock Jachowicza, Płock Wyszogrodzka, Toruń and Włocławek. Tickets can be purchased online at discounted rates of 9 PLN and up, or from a sales kiosk or bus driver at fares ranging from 15 - 59 PLN, depending on the route. Only tickets purchased online guarantee a seat on the bus departure of your choice. Credit cards and cash are accepted, and even some foreign currencies (EUR, GBP, NOK, SEK, USD and CAD). For timetables, fares and tickets sales, visit the Modlinbus website.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the public area of Terminal A Arrivals Hall: Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Europcar, Express, Hertz, Panek and Sixt.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service:
- Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Airport - Shuttle Hours: 5:00AM - 12:00AM, departs every 30 minutes. The pick-up location at the airport is outside the exit of the arrivals terminal. The parking spot is marked with the name of the hotel.
- Novotel Warszawa Airport - Shuttle Hours: 4:00AM - 11:15PM, every 30 - 60 minutes depending on the time day. Airport pick-up location: Terminal A, Arrival Hall, Gate no 2.
- Sound Garden Hotel Warsaw Airport- Shuttle Hours: 5:00AM - 12:00PM (departs every 30 minutes), 12:00PM - 6:00PM (varies, contact front desk), 6:00PM - 11:00PM (departs every 30 minutes). Pick-up location: Line B, Place 35.
- Hotel Barnabitow - A paid shuttle is available upon request.
For safety reasons, use only the licensed services of one of these three companies for rides from the airport: Ele Taxi, Super Taxi and Sawa Taxi. Fares are displayed in taxi windows. At the time of this update, the fare for a one-way journey between the airport and the city center is 40 PLN.
Chopin Airport’s train station is located underground at Terminal 2. SKM line S2 runs between the airport and Sulejówek Miłosna, with several stops that include Warszawa Zachodnia, Warszawa Śródmieście and Warszawa Wschodnia. From Warszawa Wschodnia, the S30 line runs to Legionowo. SKM line S3 runs between the airport and Warszawa Centrum (Central Railway Station). For timetables, route information and fares, visit the ZTM Warszawa website.
Koleje Mazowieckie airport trains connect Chopin to Modlin Station via Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki, Legionowo, Warszawa Wschodnia, Warszawa Centralna (Warsaw Central Station) and Warszawa Zachodnia. For timetables, route information and fares, visit the Koleje Mazowieckie website.
SKM/ZTM train tickets are sold at the Passenger Information Point (Arrivals Hall), automated vending machines at the train station entrance and ticket machines on the trains. Koleje Mazowieckie issues their own tickets, but accept some ZTM tickets. Several ticket options are available. Information about integrated ZTM-KM tickets is available on the ZTM Warszawa website.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.