Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Warsaw Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I’m just quite happy that there is free internet at all – it would just be nice to have hotspots better marked so I don’t have to walk around laptop in hand searching for internet looking like a twat” -katak
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Warsaw Chopin Airport.
What to Expect
- The compact airport has two terminals: the South Hall has areas A and B; the new North Hall is home to C, D, and E areas.
- Some travellers had issues at the security checks, though it seems like it has improved over the last 1-2 years.
- There are few 24-hour eateries.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass to relax in three airport lounges; showers are available in two. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Airport staff are generally tolerant of overnight travellers, and travellers report feeling safe here.
- Airside seems to be more comfortable than Landside, so try to process through security early if you want to spend the night.
- Plenty of seating and much of it is without armrests so you can spread out.
- Look for the ING or T-Mobile booths for better WiFi, comfortable benches, and power outlets.
- Very quiet overnight, starts getting busy again after 4:00AM.
- The airport can be very cold, so bring layers.
- Explore our guide to sleeping in Warsaw Chopin Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel opposite the airport and several nearby hotels. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Executive Lounge Bolero – Location: Terminal A, Airside, non-Schengen area, near Gates 7 and 8. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Executive Lounge Preludium – Location: Terminal A, Airside, Schengen Area, near Gates 33/35. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Warsaw Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Courtyard Warsaw Airport – (5 minute walk from the airport terminal) Located opposite the Departures hall. » Check Rates
- Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Airport – (3 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle service runs daily, every 30 minutes, from 5:00AM to Midnight. Shuttle departs from its own marked parking spot in front of the Arrivals terminal exit. » Check Rates
- Airport Hotel Okecie – (5 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport transfers. Day rooms available from 10:00AM to 6:00PM. » Check Rates
- Gromada Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) A free shuttle bus is available. » Check Rates
- Holiday Inn Express Warsaw Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) A free shuttle bus is available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Warsaw Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Unlimited free WiFi is available throughout the airport. No registration required! The connection will last for two hours, but can be reconnected immediately. Connect to the “Chopin-Airport” network for access.
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs, operated by Planet Cash and Bank Pekao, are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside and Airside, in the Arrivals and Departures areas.
Banking Services – There are 2 banks available Landside offering full banking services including currency exchange. Bank Pekao (Landside, Departures) is open 8:00AM – 4:00PM (Mon-Fri) and 8:00AM – 2:00PM (Sat) for regular banking services with extended hours of 7:30AM – 8:30PM (Mon-Fri) for currency exchange. Plus Bank (Landside, Arrivals) is open 5:00AM – 9:00PM.
Chapels – A non-denominational Christian chapel is available in the airport. The chapel has a separate interfaith area for passengers of all religions. Sunday services are held at 8:00AM, 10:00AM and 11:00AM. Location: Terminal A, Departure Hall Hours: 5:00AM – 11:00PM
Children’s Play Areas – Three indoor playgrounds are available for children aged 3 and under. Soft carpeting, mini houses, slides, swings and child-safe toys are available. LCD TVs play Disney cartoons nearby. Location: airside, between Gates 23/24 and 25/26 (Schengen zone) • airside, opposite Gates 40/41, near the stairs (Schengen zone) • airside, between Gates 19/20 and 21/22 (non-Schengen zone).
Currency Exchange – There are four currency exchange service providers (Air Tours Poland, ICE, Interchange, Money World) located both Landside and Airside. The ICE Exchange locations (Departures Level, Landside and Airside) open the earliest at 5:00AM. See Banking Services above for additional options.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available (open according to flight schedules) as well as a variety of shops to pass the time. In addition, these shops are open 24 hours and may come in handy for a late night purchase: 1 Minute (Location: Arrivals (100), Exit 1) • Premium Food Gate (Location: Airside, Departures, Schengen Zone) • Relay (Location: Arrivals (+100), Exit 1 • Arrivals (+100), Exit 2) • Starter (Location: Arrivals, Exit 1) • Virgin (Schengen Zone (+200) • Departures, Zone B) • Warsaw Store (Location: Airside, Schengen Zone).
Family Services – Changing tables, sink and baby feeding chairs are available in any of the ten Baby Care rooms located in Terminal A. Strollers are provided by the airport for use within the airside section of the terminal, free of charge. Look for strollers marked with the “Fryderyka the Elephant” symbol. Be sure to use the family priority lane when going through security.
Fast Track Service – As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. While passes can be purchased in combination with lounge access you can also simply purchase the service as a one-off. Cost for one pass: 30 PLN, purchase your pass at the Lost & found office, located in the Terminal A departures hall, zone CDE.
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, these are the 24-hour food options: Costa Coffee (Location: Landside, Arrivals. Note: this location may close between 3:30AM and 4:30AM) • Costa Coffee Fly Dining (Location: Landside, Departures) • Costa Coffee Fresco (Location: Airside, Departures) • Illy (Location: Airside, Departures, Zone B).
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Coin-operated lockers of various sizes are available for the storage of luggage only, for up to 72 hours. Rate: 12 – 16 PLN per 24 hours, payable in 1, 2 or 5 zloty coins only. Location: Terminal A, landside, Arrivals Level along the sideway behind the public bus stop.
Luggage Wrapping – Excess Baggage provides services. The basic level costs 50 PLN or you can upgrade to include items such as insurance coverage. Location: near Check-in counters 101-118.
Mobile Charging – Yes
Observation Deck – Relax and watch planes taking off and landing from the vantage point of the airport’s observation deck. A glazed and roofed observation terrace offers views of the runway, as well as a radar for tracking flights. Free WiFi is available, as well as a gift shop and cafe. Location: Entrance near the descent to the train station. Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM. Rate: Free to enter.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Free showers are available next to the McDonald’s/Food Court in the airside zone. Showers are also available in the Preludium and Fantazja Lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ].
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of June 2019, Warsaw Chopin airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean Airlines • Aeroflot • Air Baltic • Air Cairo • Air Canada • Air China • Air France • Air Malta • Alitalia • Almasria • Austrian Airlines • Belavia • Blue Panorama • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Bulgarian Air • Corendon Airlines • CSA Czech Airlines • easyJet • El Al Israel Airlines • Ellinair • Emirates • Enterair • Finnair • KLM • LOT • Lufthansa • Norwegian • Nouvelair • Qatar Airways • Ryanair • SAS • Smartwings • SunExpress • Swiss • TAP Portugal • Turkish Airlines • TUI • Ukraine International Airlines.
Chopin Airport bus terminal is located in front of the South Pier, on the Arrivals Level. The following bus routes serve the airport: Bus 175 (airport – city center – Central Railway Station) • Bus 188 (airport – Metro Politechnika station (city center) – Praga Południe (Wiatraczna) • Bus 148 (airport – Ursynów-Praga); Bus 331 (airport – Metro Wilanowska) • Bus N32 night bus (airport – Central Railway Station).
Bus tickets are sold at the Passenger Information Point (Arrivals Hall), automated vending machines at bus stops, and ticket machines on some buses. For fares, timetables and route information, visit the ZTM Warszawa website.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the public Arrivals Area or on the Mezzanine Level: Avis, Budget, CarFree, Enterprise/National/Alamo, Europcar, Express, Hertz, Panek, Sixt and more.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service:
- Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Airport – Shuttle Hours: 5:00AM – 12:00AM, departs every 30 minutes. The pick-up location at the airport is outside the exit of the arrivals terminal. The parking spot is marked with the name of the hotel.
- Novotel Warszawa Airport – Shuttle Hours: 4:00AM – 11:15PM, every 30 – 60 minutes depending on the time day. Airport pick-up location: Terminal A, Arrival Hall, Gate no 2.
- Sound Garden Hotel Warsaw Airport– Shuttle Hours: 5:00AM – 12:00PM (departs every 30 minutes), 12:00PM – 6:00PM (varies, contact front desk), 6:00PM – 11:00PM (departs every 30 minutes). Pick-up location: Line B, Place 35.
- Hotel Barnabitow – A paid shuttle is available upon request.
For safety reasons, use only the licensed services of one of these three companies for rides from the airport: Ele Taxi, iTaxi and MPT Taxi. Fares are displayed in taxi windows. At the time of this June 2019 update, the fare for a one-way journey between the airport and the city center is 40 PLN.
The Chopin Airport train station is located underground at Terminal 2. SKM line S2 runs between the airport and Sulejówek Miłosna, with several stops along the way. SKM line S3 runs between the airport and Warszawa Centrum (Central Railway Station). For timetables, route information and fares, visit the ZTM Warszawa website.
Koleje Mazowieckie airport trains connect Chopin to Modlin Station via Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki, Legionowo, Warszawa Wschodnia, Warszawa Centralna (Warsaw Central Station) and Warszawa Zachodnia. For timetables, route information and fares, visit the Koleje Mazowieckie website.
Last updated: 2019-07-16
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.