Aqaba Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Aqaba Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
before security check there is a toilet, seating very limited, only 1 duty free shop, one cafe where smoking is allowed, you can smell cigarrette smoke everywhere, no exchange at departures so get rid of jord dinnars before you get tothe airport - mavi
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at King Hussein International Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal international airport with a shop, a cafe and not much else!
- Travelers who spend the night here usually do so to catch an early flight.
Where to Sleep
- There’s really only one place to sleep in this tiny airport, and that is on the floor in the landside waiting area. Have a travel mat or sleeping bag handy for added comfort!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Speaking of comfort, there’s only one toilet in this airport, and it’s at the boarding gate! Keep this in mind when deciding whether or not you want to spend the night in this airport.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Aqaba Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If sleeping in Aqaba King Hussein Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Moevenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba - (10 minutes from the airport) Free scheduled airport shuttle service.
- My Hotel - (12 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available.
- Al Qidra Hotel Aqaba - (12 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Aqaba Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Banking Services - At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of banking or ATM services in the airport.
- Currency Exchange - Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping - A small duty-free shop is available in the airport.
- Food & Drinks - A small cafe is available in the airport. Hours: unknown.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Metered taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.