Doha Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Doha Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The family quiet room has lounge chairs for sleeping/resting and is secluded from the foot path of the gates and shopping center so it was very pleasant to spend the night there.
review by Gabriel Britto
May 2015 - I had the chance to test DOH in two nights during my trip: 9 hours in the first one (going to my destination) and 8 hours in the second one (coming back home). What I have to tell you after this experience is:
- Don't put a lot of expectations in the Quiet Rooms. They are not that quiet because a lot of people go in and out of it without much respect for the sleeping others. Also, the lights are always on, it's freezing cold and the chairs have a hump in the middle and non-reclinable backs, making it impossible to sleep in a comfortable position. My tips for those who have to use it are: don't forget to take ear plugs, sleeping mask and a very good, warm jacket (along with socks, hood and maybe gloves). If you have the chance, take a sleeping bag with you and sleep on the floor, in the darker corners of the Quiet Rooms. It will be much better than on the chairs.
- The Oryx Lounge is a good option if you are lucky enough to take a couch for you (there are only 3). If you don't have this luck, be prepared to sleep in chairs better that the ones in the Quiet Rooms, but far away from being comfortable enough. Also, if you want to take a shower before your flight, consider do it before sleeping, because the queue for the shower is long in the early morning (they have only one). The food is good, though.
As I said in the title of this review: you will survive. But I will try to get a good price for the airport hotel next time.
Have you been to Doha Hamad Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Doha Hamad airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Al Maha Transit Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 2nd floor. Shower is available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£58 - up to 3 hours or £70 - up to 6 hours) • Priority Pass.
- Oryx Lounge - Location: Airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (QAR 200/US$ 55).
Free WiFi is available at Doha Airport. Connect to the "Free internet by HIA" network.
Additionally, there are free internet kiosks and desks located throughout the airport.
If sleeping in Doha Hamad Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel located inside the airport and other nearby hotel options.
- The Airport Hotel - Located inside the airport, just 2 minutes from Immigration and 5 minutes from Gates A10 or B10. Day rooms are available for as little as 5 hours.
- Doha Marriott - (8 min from the airport) Located on the beach a few minutes from the airport. No airport shuttle.
- Oryx Rotana Airport Hotel - (12 min from the airport) Located on the grounds of the old Doha Airport. Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($). Day rooms are available for 6 hours until 6:00PM.
- Century Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotel deals in Doha on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATM’s can be found throughout the airport both landside and airside, several also dispense multiple currencies.
- Baby Care Rooms - Parents travelling with small infants can use one of the Parent's Rooms located throughout the airport. Facilities are equipped with water/milk warmers and diaper changing stations.
- Children's Play Areas - The airport offers five activity zones with televisions, internet, toys, mini-rides and climbing frames. Locations: Airside, Concourse A • Airside, Concourse B • Airside, Concourse C.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has four currency exchange counters. Locations: Check-in Hall, Row 9 • Departures concourse, Concourse B, near Marche Restaurant • Arrivals, Baggage Claim, Belt 3 • Arrivals Hall, Meet & Greet Area, adjacent to Al Maha Lounge.
- Duty Free Shopping - In addition to airside duty free shopping, there is another duty free shopping located in the Arrivals area.
- Family Toilets - Yes
- Fitness Center - The Vitality Wellbeing & Fitness Centre offers a swimming pool, hydrotherapy tub, gym, showers and two squash courts. Location: The Airport Hotel ( see Airport Hotels above). Rate: 120 QAR. Massages and spa treatments are available at an additional charge. The squash court also has an additional fee which includes racquets, balls and shoes.
- Food & Drinks - The following concessions are open 24 hours:
- Landside: Jamocha Cafe
- Airside: Eat Street Food Court including Camden Food, Negroni, Azka Red Mango, Soho Coffee, and Burger King • Jamocha Cafe • Le Grand Comptoir • Marche • Qataf Cafe • Soprafino.
- Information Desk - Information Booths are located both Landside and Airside on almost all levels.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Lockers are available airside. Locations and rates are unknown.
- Medical Care - There are two 24-hour medical centres: Arrivals Hall, before Passport Control • Departures Hall, Check-in Area.
- Pharmacy - A pharmacy is available in the retail area between Concourse A and B. Hours: unknown.
- Prayer Rooms - Locations: Arrivals, Level 2 • Departures Gates, Level 1
- Rest Zones - There is a free Quiet Lounge that offers comfortable seating and a place to rest in between flights. A reader tells us it is located near the MPG store.
- Shopping & Duty Free - The airport offers a variety of shopping from Books (WH Smith) and souvenirs to high-end fashion and jewellery (Burberry, Hugo Boss, Michael Kors, Bvlgari, Harrods, Swarovski, Tiffany)
- Showers - Showers are located in the Vitality Wellbeing & Fitness Center at the Airport Hotel. Follow the signs to the Airport Hotel. Showers can also be found in the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking Rooms - Yes
The airport is open 24 hours.
Exit Arrivals Hall and follow the signs to the Bus Pavilion, which is located outside and to the right of the airport terminal. Two bus lines serve the airport: Route 109 to Mesaieed Industrial Area and Route 747 to Al Ghanim Bus Station, both routes with multiple stops in between. Passengers will need a rechargeable Karwa Smartcard 24, available for purchase from the bus driver. The Karwa Smartcard 24 is available as Limited, valid for two trips within 24 hours of first use, and Unlimited, valid for unlimited trips within 24 hours of first use. For more information on fares, schedules and stops, visit the Mowasalat web site.
The Taxi Pavilion is located outside and to the left of the airport terminal. Follow the signs as you exit Arrivals Hall. For safety reasons, use only the taxis operating from the Taxi Pavilion. Sedans, vans and special group taxis are readily available, with Taxi Coordinators on hand to provide additional assistance. Passengers needing a PRM (Person of Reduced Mobility) taxi must make a request as far in advance as possible by calling Mowasalat directly at (+974) 4458 8888. Taxis are metered, with flag drop starting at QAR 25. Cash payments accepted in local currency only.
Car rental agency service desks can be found in the Ground Transportation Centre, located across the street from the terminal as you exit Arrivals Hall. The renter must possess an International Driver’s License, or one issued by a GCC country, and a major credit card. Upon return, the rental can be paid with credit card or cash (local currency only).
Limousines can be booked in advance by calling Mowasalat directly at (+974) 4458 8888, or by booking onsite at the Mowasalat Limousine desk in Arrivals Hall. All major credit cards and cash (local currency only) are accepted.
Last Updated: 15 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.