About This Airport:
- > Airport Guide
- > Airport Hotels
- > Airport Hours
- > Airport Lounges
- > Airport WiFi
- > Services, Facilities & Things to Do At The Airport
- > Read all Reviews
- > Vote in the 2014
Best & Worst Airports Survey
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Doha Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The best place to sleep in Doha international airport - departure terminal, 1st floor, look for the sign "quiet zone", next to the coffee shop and duty free shop. They even provide a blanket! So thoughtful!! - JennYang on Facebook
Missed my connecting flight here due to the plane not landing in time. The staff were rude and intimidating to me from the start. The announcements are very hard to hear. Once you miss your flight there is a VERY long queue (about 1hr) at the help desk with lots of people cutting in line and so on. The chairs were uncomfortable and impossible to lie on so your best bet is to head to the top (?) of the airport where the cafe and executive lounges are. It's a comfortable temperature here and if you to the area behind the coffee shop you can get a seat that allows you to put your feet up. Chances are very, very low that you'll be bothered trying to sleep. At the bottom of the terminal is an area where you can get a burger or whatever. There are 2 or 3 computer areas with laptops and WiFi set up but these were always busy. Under the payphones you will find wall plugs (UK version plugs). the airport itself is in a time vortex and time itself will slow down. hope this helps someone"
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Oryx Lounge - Location: Terminal A, Airside, located on the 1st floor opposite Costa Coffee. The lounge is also accessible through Terminal B. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: rates from QAR 140 / US$ 39 per person at the door or book online at £22 (3 hours) or £25 (3-6 hrs) to guarantee that you have a seat. [ book lounge ]
- Premium Terminal - for passengers flying First or Business on Qatar Airways
- Gold Lounge - for First Class ticket holders on Qatar Airways
- Silver Lounge - for Business Class ticket holders on Qatar Airways
Free WiFi is available at the Doha Airport. there are also free internet kiosks located on the top floor in the departures terminal.
If sleeping in the Doha Airport does not appeal to you, there is no hotel inside the airport terminal, but you can find hotels near the airport....
- Oryx Rotana Airport Hotel - located on airport grounds. Offers a free airport shuttle. Day rooms are available for 6 hours until 6pm.
- Doha Marriott - located on the beach a few minutes from the airport (no shuttle)
- Al Liwan Suites - 5 minute drive from the terminal. Free airport transfers are available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Doha Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are cash machines throughout the different terminals. You can obtain the following currencies: Qatari Riyals, U.A.E. Dirhams, US Dollars, Euro.
- Car Rentals - Hertz • Sixt • Europcar • Thrifty • Mustafawi • Avis • Budget • Prestige • Al Muftah • Regency Fleets • U-save • Select. Location: Arrivals in the meet and greet hall (landside).
- Children's Play Area - Location: Airside, Departure Hall, near gate 7.
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food / Dining - There are 24-hour food and beverages concessions:
>>Landside: Costa Coffee • Coffee Beanery
>>Airside: Costa Coffee • Coffee Beanery
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Information not available
- Prayer Rooms - There are 13 prayer rooms located throughout the airport - 7 rooms for men and 6 for women. Hours: open 24 hours
- Relaxation Area- This is where you will find comfortable seats. Location: Airside, Departure and Transit Halls
- Showers - Showers are available in the lounges listed above.
- Smoking Rooms - Available in the Departure and Transit Halls on the first and ground floors.
open 24 hours
Tara on our Facebook page writes " Doha Airport rocks! there is an area upstairs with really comfy recliner chairs .. all you have to do is give them your boarding pass :) you also get a free meal courtesy of the airline you are flying with at the cafeteria..and theres free wifi. " This area is located "after security. on the floor above duty free by the big windows".
Last Updated: 06 October 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.