Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Doha Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The family quiet room has lounge chairs for sleeping/resting and is secluded from the foot path of the gates and shopping center so it was very pleasant to spend the night there. – tinybits
DOH Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Doha Hamad Airport.
What to Expect
Doha Airport (code: DOH) is a new, modern one-terminal airport with five concourses (A – E). As a major transit hub, you can expect lots of travellers and flights all night long. The airport offers plenty of shopping with a mall-like atmosphere and contains a dozen or so dining options, most of which are airside. Some eateries are open 24-hours. The airport’s free WiFi helps pass the time. All travellers can access the airport lounges for a fee, though some travellers have reported that they can be crowded and that they smell of smoke.
Sleeping in Doha Airport
Travellers report that Doha Airport has some moderately comfortable options for sleeping, though noise, bright lighting and cold are frequently cited as sleep inhibiters. Come prepared with eyeshades, ear plugs and a travel blanket or warm sweater! Rest zones in Concourses A – C contain lounge chairs and couches, though some found the furniture uncomfortable and noisy. The rooms are said to be rarely quiet due to so many people coming and going. Other parts of the airport are carpeted and comfortable for floor sleeping, but expect armrests elsewhere in the terminal. Explore our guide to sleeping in Doha Airport or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips. For more conducive sleep, albeit for a price, there is a transit hotel and other nearby airport hotels within an easy shuttle bus or cab drive distance. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
If you’re flying Qatar Airways with a layover between 8-24 hours, you may be eligible for free accommodation, meals and transfers to/from the airport. The airport lounges and hotel’s fitness centre have showers.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change. Some services and facilities may remain closed or operate with reduced hours. Airport tips and suggestions in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. If you are planning to sleep in the public area of the terminal overnight, have a back-up plan! We’ve heard from a few travellers at other airports and they were not permitted to stay overnight. We’re not sure if that will apply to this airport, until a reader lets us know the current situation. If you have some time to spare please write a review, send a tip or share photos to help future travellers.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Doha Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Doha Transit Hotel, Nearby Hotels & Day Rooms
- Nearest Hotel: Inside the Airport
- Sleep Cabins or Pods: Yes
- Day Rooms: Yes
- Nearby Hotels with Free Shuttles: Yes
hen the prospect of sleeping on the floor or in a chair isn’t really doing it for you, there is good news for those of you who are looking to sleep at Doha Airport in comfort. If you are on a layover, you don’t have to go through security as there is a transit hotel and sleep cabins offering both short-term and overnight rates. A few nearby hotels provide free airport shuttles, but you will need to pass through immigration/security to access them.
In Transit Sleep n’ Fly Lounge – Yawn Sleep cabins that can accommodate 1 – 2 passengers plus a child. Showers are available. Rates are applicable based on check-in/out times. Sample rates from: US$ 29.00 (pods) and US$ 63 (cabins) for a 2 hour period. Pods are bookable by the hour with a 2 hour minimum. Locations: Airside. » Check Rates
In Transit Oryx Airport Hotel – Located inside the transit area of the airport, just 2 minutes from Immigration and 5 minutes from Gates A10 or B10. Day rooms are available for a minimum of 5 hours. NOTE: This hotel is for transit passengers only. You must have boarding pass for onward flight. If you arriving by plane, do not pass Immigration. No checked bags allowed into hotel. » Check Rates
Near Airport Hyatt Regency Oryx Rotana Doha (4.9 km from Airport) Shuttle bus is available. » Check Rates
Near Airport Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha (9.5 km from Airport) – Free airport shuttle runs approximately every hour. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Doha Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Al Maha Transit Lounge – Location: Airside, 2nd floor. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Oryx Lounge – Location: Airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door.
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounge listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website.
Qatar Airways Lounges – Al Safwa First Lounge • Al Mourjan Business Lounge • First Class Lounge • Business Class Lounge.
Related Pages: Doha Airport Lounges
Airport WiFi / Internet and Mobile Charging
Free WiFi is available at Doha Airport. Connect to the “HIAQatar Complimentary WiFi” network. Additionally, there are free internet kiosks and desks located throughout the airport.
Mobile charging is available throughout the terminal.
Airport Services and Facilities
Duty Free Shopping – In addition to airside duty free shopping, there is another duty free shopping located in the Arrivals area.There is a variety of shopping from Books (WH Smith) and souvenirs to high-end fashion and jewellery (Burberry, Hugo Boss, Michael Kors, Bvlgari, Harrods, Swarovski, Tiffany).
- Baby Care Facilities – Parents travelling with small infants can use one of the Parent’s Rooms which are equipped with water/milk warmers and diaper changing stations. The rooms are located throughout the airport terminal, so consult an airport map or Information Desk to find the nearest location. Family washrooms are also available throughout the airport.
- Children’s Play Areas – The airport offers five activity zones with televisions, internet, toys, mini-rides, climbing frames and family rooms offering relaxation and privacy. Locations: Airside, Concourse A • Airside, Concourse B • Airside, Concourse C (3 locations).
- Family Toilets – Yes
- Unaccompanied Children – Should your child need to travel without you, after check-in the child will be escorted to a designated “unaccompanied minors lounge” which is accessible only by airline personnel. The lounge offers video games/TV’s, toys/board games, snacks/refreshments and washrooms. Trained staff are on-hand to supervise. Location: Airside, exact location is not known.
- Strollers – If you want to make getting around the airport much easier, strollers are available to use free of charge both landside and airside.
Fitness – The Vitality Wellbeing & Fitness Centre offers a swimming pool, hydrotherapy tub, gym, showers and two squash courts. Location: The Airport Hotel ( see Airport Hotels above). Rates: 175 QAR and up. The squash court also has an additional fee which includes racquets, balls and shoes. Hours: 24 hours.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions (30 + restaurants) throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we cannot confirm if there are any 24-hour dining options.
Information Desk – Have any questions? There are Information Desks available to provide assistance both Landside and Airside on almost all levels.
- Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge throughout the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Lockers are not available.
- Luggage Wrapping – Seal & Go offers services throughout the departure area.
- Medical Center – If you feel unwell or injure yourself, there are two 24-hour medical centers: Arrivals Hall, before Passport Control • Departures Hall, Check-in Area.
- Pharmacy – A pharmacy is available in the retail area between Concourse A and B. Hours: unknown.
Mobile Charging – see “Airport WiFi / Internet and Mobile Charging” above.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Several ATMs dispense multiple currencies. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside and Airside.
- Banking Services – Qatar Islamic Bank has a full service branch at the airport. Services include currency exchange. Location: Ground Floor, Arrivals Hall.Hours: 24 hours.
- Currency Exchange – Travelex has four currency exchange counters. Locations: Check-in Hall, Row 9 • Departures concourse, Concourse B, near Marche Restaurant • Arrivals, Baggage Claim, Belt 3 • Arrivals Hall, Meet & Greet Area, adjacent to Al Maha Lounge. Hours: Unknown; however the airport bank is open 24 hours and offers exchange services. See Banking Services above.
Prayer Rooms – Located throughout the terminal, with ablution facilities and separate areas available for men and women. A public mosque is located outside the terminal within walking distance of the Departure Hall.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – The airport’s Quiet Rooms offer comfortable recliners, with separates facilities for men and women. Quiet Rooms are located throughout the airport terminal, so consult an airport map or Information Desk to find the nearest location.
Take precaution even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
Showers – Showers are located in the Vitality Wellbeing & Fitness Center at the Airport Hotel. Follow the signs to the Airport Hotel. Showers can also be found in the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Smoking Rooms – Smoking is permitted in dedicated smoking rooms throughout the airport.
Spa – The Vitality Wellbeing & Fitness Centre offers massages and spa treatments. Rate: 175 QAR and up. Hours: 24 hours.
WiFi – see “Airport WiFi / Internet and Mobile Charging” above.
Related Pages: Things to do on a layover at Doha Airport
Things to do at Doha Airport
Art in the Airport – Go to an art museum without leaving the airport! Local and international works of art are on display throughout the terminal, courtesy of Qatar Museums. A museum gift shop and cafe are also available onsite.
Layover Tour – Qatar Airways and the Qatar Tourism Authority provides transit passengers with two tour options for exploring Doha and surrounding area. Current tour times can be found on the Qatar Airways web site. For more information and to book your spot, visit the Doha City Tour desk in Concourse A.
- The city tour is suitable for visitors with a 5 hour layover. Highlights include: The Pearl-Qatar, for shopping and restaurants; Katara Cultural Village, a centre dedicated to celebrating arts and heritage; Souq Waqif, for traditional jewellery, spices and handicrafts; and the Museum of Islamic Art, for its stunning architecture and beautiful seaside park. There are 6 daily tours departing at 8:00AM, 10:30AM, 3:00PM, 6:00PM, 8:00PM and 9:30PM. Duration: 3 hours. Tour rate: 75 QAR.
- If your layover is longer than 5 hours, you can visit the desert or explore Doha on a private tour with chauffeur driven car. Tour rate: 250 QAR.
Related Pages: Things to do on a layover at Doha Airport
The airport is open 24 hours.
Doha airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • Air India • Air Italy • All Nippon Airways • American Airlines • Asiana Airlines • Azerbaijan Airlines • Biman Bangladesh Airlines • British Airways • Cathay Pacific • Cebu Pacific • Emirates • Ethiopian Airlines • Etihad Airways • Finnair • flydubai • Gulf Air • Himalaya Airlines • Iberia • Indi Go • Iran Air • Japan Airlines • Jazeera Airways • JetBlue • KLM • Kuwait Airlines • LATAM • Lufthansa • Malaysia Airlines • Middle East Airlines • Nepal Airlines • Oman Air • Pakistan International • Pegasus Airlines • Philippines Airlines • Qatar Airways • Regent Airways • Royal Jordanian • S7 Airlines • SalamAir • Saudi Arabian Airlines • Srilankan Airlines • Sudan Airways • Syrian Airlines • Turanair • Turkish Airlines • United Airlines • US-Bangla Airlines • Wataniya Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
DOH airport is served by six bus routes. Passengers will need a rechargeable Karwa Smartcard 24, available for purchase at the Information Desk. The Karwa Smartcard 24 is available as Limited, valid for two trips within 24 hours of first use, and Unlimited, valid for unlimited trips within 24 hours of first use. For more information on fares, schedules and stops, visit the Mowasalat web site.
Car rental agency service desks can be found in the Ground Transportation Centre, located across the street from the terminal as you exit Arrivals Hall. The renter must possess an International Driver’s License, or one issued by a GCC country, and a major credit card. Upon return, the rental can be paid with credit card or cash (local currency only). Car rental companies at Hamad Airport include: Europcar Rent a Car • Avis • Hertz Rent A Car • Budget Qatar • Sixt Rent A Car • Prestige Cars • Payless Car Rentals and more.
See Airport Hotels above.
Limousines can be booked in advance by calling Mowasalat directly at (+974) 4458 8888, or by booking onsite at the Mowasalat Limousine desk in Arrivals Hall. All major credit cards and cash (local currency only) are accepted.
Mowasalat operates buses that connect the airport to various areas of the city. All buses depart from the Bus Pavilion located to the right of the arrivals hall. Visit the Mowasalat web site for routes and fares.
The Taxi Pavilion is located outside and to the left end of the Arrivals Hall. All airport taxis are operated by Mowasalat. For safety reasons, use only the taxis operating from the Taxi Pavilion. Taxi Coordinators are on hand to provide additional assistance. Passengers needing a PRM (Person of Reduced Mobility) taxi must make a request as far in advance as possible by calling Mowasalat directly at (+974) 4458 8888.
Last updated: 2020-10-21
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.