Medina Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Medina Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Medina Airport.
What to Expect
- This brand new terminal is considered an architectural and engineering gem, and the building has earned a LEED Gold certification for high-performing sustainable infrastructure and practices.
- The airport connects with many destinations around the world, adding several more destinations during the Hajj season.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within 25 minutes of the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Medina Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Medina airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Primeclass CIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Ground Floor, near Gate 112. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 40) • Book Online (US$ 32 for 4 hours)
- Wellcome Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Domestic Departure Level, 1st Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£27.00 for 3 hours or £55.00 for 3 - 6 hours - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Medina Airport for 30 minutes. Connect to the “TIBAHAIRPORTS” network and follow the instructions.
If sleeping in Medina Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Mirage Taiba - (20 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Millennium Al Aqeeq Hotel Madinah - (20 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Elaf Taiba Hotel - (25 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Medina Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available in the International and Domestic Arrivals halls.
- Baggage Trolleys - Free baggage trolleys are available at the entrance of the departure hall (landside), and in the baggage reclaim area (airside). The airport also offers a 24 hour porter service at the same locations, for a fee of 10 SAR.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - There are two 24-hour ATU duty-free shops in the International Departures area and one in the Domestic Departure area. There are also several other souvenir and gift shops throughout the airport. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Self-service restaurants are open 24 hours in the following locations: Departure Hall, Domestic Boarding area, International Boarding area, and Public Hall (between Terminals 2 and 3).
- Information Desk - Operated by a multi-lingual staff, the information desk can answer your general questions about the airport, flight schedules and the local area. Location: Inside the airport terminal entrance. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Medical Center - The airport’s four medical clinics offer emergency medical care around the clock. If you are in need of assistance, any airport staff member can direct you to the nearest location. Locations: Meet & Greet Area, International Arrivals, Hajj Terminal and Mobile Health Clinic. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Prayer Rooms - Available throughout the departures and arrivals areas of the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Public buses connect the airport and The Prophet’s Mosque in Medina city center. Buses depart 5 times daily; 7 during Ramadan. The ride takes 30 minutes and fare is SAR 3 per trip.
Several rental car companies are available in the passenger terminal.
Taxis and limousines are available for hire. The airport recommends using only authorized services. For estimated fares, see the airport’s website.
Last Updated: 21 April 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.