Acapulco Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Acapulco Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I grabbed a piece of floor, as it looked more comfortable than sitting on those chairs for 4 hours. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on Acapulco Airport.
What to Expect
- General Juan N. Álvarez International Airport is one of the largest airports in Mexico; it has several gateways and two terminals which are walkable. The passenger terminal serves all scheduled flights including both domestic and international.
- The available restaurants such as Subway etc. and the VIP Lounge close at 10:30pm and reopen at 6:00am so plan ahead and by food before they close or pack your own food.
- The bathrooms are small but clean.
Where to Sleep
- A review hasn’t been posted since 2002 so we don't have any current info for airport sleepers. If you’ve travelled here recently please submit a review!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Acapulco Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Information not available
If sleeping in Acapulco Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Resort Mundo Imperial - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Holiday Inn Acapulco La Isla - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle available.
- Ocean Breeze Hotel - (8 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($).
- Mayan Palace Acapulco - (11 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Acapulco Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art Displays and Exhibitions - Yes
- ATMs / Cash Machines - HSBC and Santander Serfin. Location: Lower Level
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - San Jorge Exchange House. Location: Lower Level. Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Dufry duty-free shop is open daily from 11:00AM - 6:00PM. Local crafts, souvenirs, books and more are available for purchase from small shops throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks - There are no food concessions that are open 24 hours. Food options include: Cafe Punto del Cielo • Subway • Medas • HJ Beans • Medas Beer.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite on the lower level: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Thrifty. Location: Lower Level, Landside.
Taxis and minivans are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport. Fares, based on a zone system, number of passengers and the type of taxi taken, must be prepaid at the taxi kiosk before boarding.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.