Read more about this airport
Mexico City Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Mexico City Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I recommend sleeping in jail before sleeping in Mexico City's airport. - Brock
photo credit: ProtoplasmaKid / Wikimedia
I actually really like this airport for international/international journeys or flying into Mexico, but sleeping there is another story. I arrived there about 7:30 am from a red eye flight. I got a little bit of sleep on the flight, but not much so I was pretty tired when I got there. I wasn't flying out until 9 pm so I basically had a whole day there. Every seat has an armwrest. I didn't want to have my eletronics stolen so I sleep on the floor using my laptop bag as a pillow. The other downside is it freezing cold. It made it even harder to sleep. Fortunetly I was never bothered by security or police once. The Wifi can only be used if you are an existing customer of the local DSL company. Another piss off is there is No ATM pass security on the international side. What the hell?
Have you been to Mexico City Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Mexico City airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Aeromexico Salon Premier - Location: International Terminal 2, Airside, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 4:00AM - 2:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 30) • Priority Pass • AeroMexico Salon Premier.
- Aeromexico Salon Premier - Location: National Terminal 2, Airside, 3rd Floor. Hours: 4:00AM - 12:00AM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 30) • Priority Pass • AeroMexico Salon Premier.
- American Airlines Admirals Club - Location: International Departures, Airside, Concourse H, 2nd Floor. Hours: 4:45AM - 9:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- Avianca Lounge (operated by Global Lounge) - Location: International Terminal 1, Airside, next to Gate 31. Hours: 4:30AM - 12:30AM. Lounge Access: Book Online (£24.00) • Priority Pass.
- United Club - Location: International Terminal 1, Airside, Mezzanine Level, 2nd Floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 6:30PM (Sun - Fri) • 5:00AM - 2:45PM (Sat). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50) • Priority Pass • United Club Membership.
- Grand Elite Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, near Gate H. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
WiFi is available at Mexico City Airport through TelMex.
If sleeping in the Mexico City Airport does not appeal to you, there are a few hotels inside the airport and bearby with free airport shuttles:
- NH Aeropuerto T2 - located inside Terminal 2
- Hilton Mexico City Airport - located inside Terminal 1, Gate 8, Level 3 of the International Arrivals Area.
- Courtyard by Marriott - walkway to Terminal 1. Free airport shuttle to Terminal 2 (Shuttle Hours: on request)
- Fiesta Inn Aeropuerto (Shuttle Hours: on request)
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Many locations airside and landside. Open 24 hours.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • National • Sixt • Thrifty and more. Locations: various locations in Terminals 1 and 2. Hours: National is the only one open 24 hours hours. Most of the other desks operate on a 7am - 11pm schedule
- Currency Exchange - Yes, there are 9 foreign exchange offices. Aerogolden, located in Terminal 1 on the Lower Level is open 24 hours.
- Food & Drinks - There are food facilties airside and landside. Most places open between 6am-7am and close 10pm-11pm. Here are the food and beverage concessions that are open 24-hours: 7 Eleven (Terminal 1, Lower Level • Terminal 1, Upper Level • Terminal 2, Upper Level) • El Gran Paster (Terminal 1, Lower Level • Terminal 1, Upper Level • Terminal 2, Upper Level) • Baron Rojo (Terminal 2, Mezzanine and Terminal 1, Lower Level) • Restaurante California (Terminal 2, Mezzanine) •Krispy Kreme (Terminal 1, Upper Level) • El Fogoncito (Terminal 1, Upper Level) • Pollos Rio (Terminal 2, Upper Level) • Oxxo (Terminal 1, Lower Level) • La Buena Tierra (Terminal 1, Upper Level) • Sbarro (Terminal 1, Upper Level) • Subway (Terminal 1, Upper Level) • Taco Inn (Terminal 1, Upper Level).
- Information Desk - There are 6 information points in Terminal 1 and 6 information points in Terminal 2.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - There are designated smoking areas located in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
open 24 hours
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Mexico City Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 18 March 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.