Montreal Trudeau Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Montreal Trudeau Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Around 23 pm they closed a majority of lights and the only sound we could hear was a few employees passing by or the announcer, but overall it is an awesome place to sleep.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Montreal Trudeau International Airport.
What to Expect
- A busy two-level single terminal international airport with a wide variety of shopping and dining options
- Recent reviews describe the airport as inefficient and chaotic
- One reviewer noted the lack of power outlets in the landside areas of the terminal.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- While comfortable, armrest-free seating is scarce, some reviewers managed to get a good night’s sleep in the Check-In area of the terminal. Have a sleeping bag or travel mattress and blanket handy for added comfort!
- Many reviewers noted the bright lights and chilly air inside of the terminal. A warm sweater or blanket and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel connected to the airport, as well as many nearby hotels that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Montreal Trudeau Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Montreal airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - Location: Airside, Domestic Departures. Lounge Access: Maple Leaf Club Membership • Air Canada ticket holders can purchase a pass at the time of booking or online check-in.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - Location: Airside, Transborder Departures. Lounge Access: Maple Leaf Club Membership • Air Canada ticket holders can purchase a pass at the time of booking or online check-in.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - Location: Airside, International Departures. Lounge Access: Maple Leaf Club Membership • Air Canada ticket holders can purchase a pass at the time of booking or online check-in.
- National Bank World Mastercard Lounge - Location: International Departures, Airside, between gates 52 and 53. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£29.00) • Priority Pass
- Salon Odyssee Desjardins - Location: International Departures, Airside, near Gate 62. Hours: 4:00AM - 12:00AM. Lounge Access: Book Online (£25.00) • Priority Pass
Free WiFi is available at Montreal Trudeau Airport for 60 minutes. Connect to the “YUL Wi-Fi” network. Internet kiosks are available throughout the terminal.
Pro-Tip: Once your free session is over, you can start it again for free after watching another commercial. You can repeat this as many times as you want.
If sleeping in Montreal Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel - Connected to the airport through the US Departures terminal.
- Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel - (2 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes. Pick-up and drop-off is at Door 7 on the Departures Level (2nd floor). You can also call the hotel at 514-631-2411 to arrange airport pick-up.
- Aloft Montreal - (2 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes. Pick-up and drop-off is at Door 7 on the Departures Level (2nd floor).
- Comfort Inn Montreal Aeroport - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Best Western Montreal Airport Hotel - (3 min from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle service to the airport and Dorval VIA Rail station. Shuttle automatically picks up at the airport every 15 to 20 minutes.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Trudeau Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Art in the Airport - Art exhibitions are available throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout the terminal. Debit cards are accepted at all ATMs, but if using a credit card for cash advance, please note that Bank of Montreal ATMs only accept MasterCard, while Royal Bank ATMs only accept Visa. Foreign currency ATMs are located in the international area (Euro available) and transborder zone (USD available).
- Baby Care Facilities - Nursing rooms offer comfortable seating, sinks, changing tables, and in some cases a microwave. You’ll find them next to most restrooms throughout the airport.
- Baggage Carts - available free of charge.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Located at most boarding areas.
- Currency Exchange - International Currency Exchange (ICE) is located airside in the US area, Gate 76.
- Duty Free & Shopping - The Loop Hors Taxes duty-free shop is located airside by Internationals area Gates 52 and 63, and Transborder-Us area Gate 75.
- Family Services - Courtesy carts for children are available at the information desks in the departures area.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- Public Common Zone (landside): Subway • Tim Horton’s New
- Commercial Zone (landside): Burger King
- Luggage Carts - Available free of charge in the baggage claim areas, parking lots, passenger drop-off areas and the International jetty.
- Luggage Storage - A cloak room is available to store a wide range of items ranging in size from envelopes to bicycles. Location: Landside, Arrivals level. Hours: 4:00AM - 12:00AM. Luggage Rates: $5:00 (small) • $6.00 (medium) • $7.50 (large) • $8.50 (extra large) per day. It is mandatory that you present a copy of your passport and boarding pass or flight confirmation.
- Planespotting - Watch planes land and take-off from Jacques-de-Lesseps Park, Trudeau Airport’s official observation park! Bring a zoom lens here in the afternoon to take great pics of planes arriving and departing for Paris. Location: Intersection of Halpern and Jenkins at the airport’s southeast side.
- Prayer Room - Gather your thoughts in a peaceful interfaith prayer room. Location: Transborder-US Departures area, near the Java U restaurant.
- Smoking Area - Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited throughout the terminal building. There are smoking areas in front of the terminal.
- Spa - Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and more are available at BALNEA Spa Voyage. Locations: International area, airside, Gate 53 • Transborder-Canada area, airside, Gate 5 • Transborder-US area, airside, Gate 81.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The 747 Express is a 24-hour city bus line that runs between the airport and the central bus station, Gare d’autocars de Montreal - Berri UQAM metro station. The trip can take up to 1 hour, depending on traffic. A fare card is $10, good for 24 consecutive hours of unlimited travel on Montreal’s public bus and metro network. This fare can be purchased on board the bus (coins only), in metro stations, at the central bus station, at Hilton Hotel in downtown Montreal and in automated fare dispensers located in International Arrivals at the airport.
The 204 Cardinal is a city bus line that runs between the airport and Dorval train station. The 209 bus runs between the airport and the Roxboro-Pierrefonds train station. A one-way fare is $3.25 and must be paid in exact change on the bus.
For more information on visit the STM (Societe de Transport de Montreal) web site.
The following car rental agencies can be found on the ground level of the multistory car park at the airport: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty
Many hotels in the area provide courtesy airport shuttle service. Hotel shuttles pick-up from the Arrivals Level, outside the terminal on the median at Zone E. Ask your hotel about shuttle service details and availability. The following hotels have airport shuttle service: Aloft Montreal Airport • Best Western Montreal Airport Hotel • Comfort Inn Aeroport Dorval • Comfort Inn Montreal Aeroport • Days Inn Montreal Airport • Fairfield Inn & Suites Montreal Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Montreal • Hilton Garden Inn Montreal/Dorval Airport • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Airport • Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport • Novotel Montreal Aeroport • Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport • Quality Suites Montreal Aeroport • Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Airport • Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel.
The airport is serviced daily by the following regional bus lines:
- Orleans Express > Trois Rivieres, Ste Foy and Quebec City
- Greyhound > Ottawa and Gatineau
- Aeronavette > 24-hr door to door service to/from the Eastern Townships
- Autocars Skyport > Mont-Tremblant (winter season only)
Taxi and Limousine Service
Taxis and limousines are available for hire at the Arrivals Level central exit. A dispatcher will be available to assist. Taxis charge according to the meter for all destinations except downtown, for which a flat rate is available (minimum of $17). Limousine fares are based on a zoned rate card. Credit cards and Canadian currency are accepted for payment. Wheelchair-accessible taxis, known here as adapted taxis, can be requested through the dispatcher.
The AirConnect airport shuttle connects Montreal-Trudeau International Airport with VIA Rail, a nationwide inter-city passenger railway service in Canada. AirConnect runs between the airport and the VIA station in Dorval every 20 to 30 minutes.
Last Updated: 17 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.