Montreal Trudeau Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Montreal Trudeau Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Around 23 pm they closed a majority of lights and the only sound we could hear was a few employees passing by or the announcer, but overall it is an awesome place to sleep.
photo credit: FRED / Wikimedia
Was scheduled to land in YUL at 1:00am, and to catch my connecting flight the next morning at 6:30 am - everything was looking great after arrival, nice padded benches airside with no armrests, found my gate and was just about to kip out when security kicked me out, apparently even transiting customers must leave airside, wait until 3:30am for the security screening to re-open (Even though you've already been screened!)..
Landside has been made significantly unhospitable for overnight travellers, practically no benches in departures, flat hard benches in arrivals but extremely cold (in winter) and lots of bright light and loud noise. I tried to sleep,
but it was very difficult in the arrival area.
All in all a huge disappointment, I wasn't the only transit traveller kicked out of airside, we ended up gathering in the security line around 2am and commisserating about the stupidness of kicking us out of the secure area just to screen us again.
Have you been to Montreal Trudeau Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Montreal airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges - Location: Airside, Domestic Departures. Lounge Access: Book Online ($25/$50) • Maple Lead Club Membership.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges - Location: Airside, Transborder Departures. Lounge Access: Book Online ($25/$50) • Maple Lead Club Membership.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges - Location: Airside, International Departures. Lounge Access: Book Online ($25/$50) • Maple Lead Club Membership.
- National Bank World Mastercard Lounge - Location: International Departures, Airside, between gates 52 and 53. Hours: 5am - 11pm. Lounge Access: Book Online (£29.00) • Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Montreal Trudeau Airport for 60 minutes. Once your time is up, you can log-in again for more time. Internet kiosks are available throughout the terminal.
If sleeping in Montreal Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Marriott Hotel - connected to the airport through the US Departures terminal.
Other hotels near the airport that offer free airport shuttle:
- Holiday Inn Express (Shuttle Hours; 24 hours)
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Novotel Aeroport (Shuttle Hours: 6am - 10pm)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Trudeau Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are about a dozen ATMs located throughout the terminal. All debit cards are accepted. Bank of Montreal ATMs accept MasterCard credit cards, while Royal Bank ATMs accept Visa. An ATM located in the international area distributes euros and another in the transborder zone distributes U.S. currency.
- Baggage Carts - available free of charge.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Thrifty. Location: ground level, Multi-level Parking Garage.
- Children's Area - Location: Airside, 2nd floor.
- Child Care Rooms - Most restrooms in the terminal have adjacent nursing rooms, equipped with a sink, chair, changing table and, in many cases, a microwave oven.
- Currency Exchange - There are foreign exchange offices located landside and airside in the airport.
- Family Services - Courtesy carts for children are available at the information desks in the departures area.
- Food & Drinks - There are a few 24-food options at Montreal Airport:
»Landside: Burger King • Subway • Tim Hortons
»Airside: Tim Hortons (Domestic Area, Gate 3)
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Landside, Arrivals level. Hours: 4:00AM - 12:00AM. Rates: $3.50 - $8.50 per day.
- Massages - Three YUL Spa locations are available. Location: Airside - Domestic Departures, Gate 5, International Deparatures - Gate 52 and Transborder Departures - Gate 80.
- Prayer Room - Location: Landside, 2nd floor
- Showers - Information not available
- Smoking Area - Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited throughout the terminal building. There are smoking areas in front of the terminal.
The airport is open 24 hours.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Montreal Trudeau Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 29 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.