Montreal Trudeau Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Montreal Trudeau Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Around 23 pm they closed a majority of lights and the only sound we could hear was a few employees passing by or the announcer, but overall it is an awesome place to sleep. - mariemaea32
photo credit: FRED / Wikimedia
Was scheduled to land in YUL at 1:00am, and to catch my connecting flight the next morning at 6:30 am - everything was looking great after arrival, nice padded benches airside with no armrests, found my gate and was just about to kip out when security kicked me out, apparently even transiting customers must leave airside, wait until 3:30am for the security screening to re-open (Even though you've already been screened!)..
Landside has been made significantly unhospitable for overnight travellers, practically no benches in departures, flat hard benches in arrivals but extremely cold (in winter) and lots of bright light and loud noise. I tried to sleep,
but it was very difficult in the arrival area.
All in all a huge disappointment, I wasn't the only transit traveller kicked out of airside, we ended up gathering in the security line around 2am and commisserating about the stupidness of kicking us out of the secure area just to screen us again.
Have you been to Montreal Trudeau Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges Domestic
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges Transborder
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges International
- National Bank World Mastercard Lounge - Location: International Departures, Airside, between gates 52 and 53. Hours: 5am - 11pm. Lounge Access: £29.00 per person for 3 hours (online) to guarantee that you have a seat. » book lounge
- Free WiFi is available at the Montreal Trudeau Airport.
- Internet kiosks are available throughout the terminal.
If sleeping in the Montreal Airport does not appeal to you, there are several hotels at/near the airport....
- Marriott Hotel - connected to the airport through the US Departures terminal.
Other hotels near the airport that offer free airport shuttle:
- Holiday Inn Express (Shuttle Hours; 24 hours)
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Novotel Aeroport (Shuttle Hours: 6am - 10pm)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Trudeau Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are about a dozen ATMs located throughout the terminal. All debit cards are accepted. Bank of Montreal ATMs accept MasterCard credit cards, while Royal Bank ATMs accept Visa. An ATM located in the international area distributes euros and another in the transborder zone distributes U.S. currency.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Thrifty. Location: ground level, Multi-level Parking Garage.
- Children's Area - Location: Airside, 2nd floor.
- Currency Exchange - There are foreign exchange offices located landside and airside in the airport.
- Food & Drinks - There are a few 24-food options at Montreal Airport:
»Landside: Brûlerie St-Denis • Subway • Tim Hortons
»Airside: Tim Hortons (Domestic Area, Gate 3)
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Landside, Arrivals level. Hours: open 24 hours
- Massages - Three YUL Spa locations are available. Location: Airside - Domestic Departures, Gate 5, International Deparatures - Gate 52 and Transborder Departures - Gate 80
- Prayer Room - Location: Landside, 2nd floor
- Showers - Information not available
open 24 hours
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Montreal Trudeau Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 18 February 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.