Montreal Trudeau Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Montreal Trudeau Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Around 23 pm they closed a majority of lights and the only sound we could hear was a few employees passing by or the announcer, but overall it is an awesome place to sleep.
photo credit: FRED / Wikimedia
Was scheduled to land in YUL at 1:00am, and to catch my connecting flight the next morning at 6:30 am - everything was looking great after arrival, nice padded benches airside with no armrests, found my gate and was just about to kip out when security kicked me out, apparently even transiting customers must leave airside, wait until 3:30am for the security screening to re-open (Even though you've already been screened!)..
Landside has been made significantly unhospitable for overnight travellers, practically no benches in departures, flat hard benches in arrivals but extremely cold (in winter) and lots of bright light and loud noise. I tried to sleep,
but it was very difficult in the arrival area.
All in all a huge disappointment, I wasn't the only transit traveller kicked out of airside, we ended up gathering in the security line around 2am and commisserating about the stupidness of kicking us out of the secure area just to screen us again.
Have you been to Montreal Trudeau Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Montreal airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - Location: Airside, Domestic Departures. Lounge Access: Book Online ($25/$50) • Maple Lead Club Membership.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - Location: Airside, Transborder Departures. Lounge Access: Book Online ($25/$50) • Maple Lead Club Membership.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - Location: Airside, International Departures. Lounge Access: Book Online ($25/$50) • Maple Lead Club Membership.
- National Bank World Mastercard Lounge - Location: International Departures, Airside, between gates 52 and 53. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£29.00) • Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Montreal Trudeau Airport for 60 minutes. Once your time is up, you can log-in again for more time. Internet kiosks are available throughout the terminal.
If sleeping in Montreal Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel - Connected to the airport through the US Departures terminal.
- Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel - (2 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes. Pick-up and drop-off is at Door 7 on the Departures Level (2nd floor). You can also call the hotel at 514-631-2411 to arrange airport pick-up.
- Aloft Montreal - (2 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes. Pick-up and drop-off is at Door 7 on the Departures Level (2nd floor).
- Comfort Inn Montreal Aeroport - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Best Western Montreal Airport Hotel - (3 min from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle service to the airport and Dorval VIA Rail station. Shuttle automatically picks up at the airport every 15 to 20 minutes.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Trudeau Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are about a dozen ATMs located throughout the terminal. All debit cards are accepted. Bank of Montreal ATMs accept MasterCard credit cards, while Royal Bank ATMs accept Visa. An ATM located in the international area distributes euros and another in the transborder zone distributes U.S. currency.
- Baggage Carts - available free of charge.
- Children's Area - Location: Airside, 2nd floor.
- Child Care Rooms - Most restrooms in the terminal have adjacent nursing rooms, equipped with a sink, chair, changing table and, in many cases, a microwave oven.
- Currency Exchange - There are foreign exchange offices located landside and airside in the airport.
- Family Services - Courtesy carts for children are available at the information desks in the departures area.
- Food & Drinks - There are a few 24-food options at Montreal Airport:
- Landside: Burger King • Subway • Tim Hortons
- Airside: Tim Hortons (Domestic Area, Gate 3)
- Landside: Burger King • Subway • Tim Hortons
- Luggage Storage - A cloak room is available to store a wide range of items ranging in size from envelopes to bicycles. Location: Landside, Arrivals level. Hours: 4:00AM - 12:00AM. Luggage Rates: $5:00 (small) • $6.00 (medium) • $7.50 (large) • $8.50 (extra large) per day. It is mandatory that you present a copy of your passport and boarding pass or flight confirmation.
- Massages - Three YUL Spa locations are available. Location: Airside - Domestic Departures, Gate 5, International Deparatures - Gate 52 and Transborder Departures - Gate 80.
- Prayer Room - Location: Landside, 2nd floor
- Smoking Area - Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited throughout the terminal building. There are smoking areas in front of the terminal.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The 747 Express is a 24-hour city bus line that runs between the airport and the central bus station, Gare d’autocars de Montreal - Berri UQAM metro station. The trip can take up to 1 hour, depending on traffic. A fare card is $10, good for 24 consecutive hours of unlimited travel on Montreal’s public bus and metro network. This fare can be purchased on board the bus (coins only), in metro stations, at the central bus station, at Hilton Hotel in downtown Montreal and in automated fare dispensers located in International Arrivals at the airport.
The 204 Cardinal is a city bus line that runs between the airport and Dorval train station. The 209 bus runs between the airport and the Roxboro-Pierrefonds train station. A one-way fare is $3.25 and must be paid in exact change on the bus.
For more information on visit the STM (Societe de Transport de Montreal) web site.
The following car rental agencies can be found on the ground level of the multistory car park at the airport: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty
Many hotels in the area provide courtesy airport shuttle service. Hotel shuttles pick-up from the Arrivals Level, outside the terminal on the median at Zone E. Ask your hotel about shuttle service details and availability. The following hotels have airport shuttle service: Aloft Montreal Airport • Best Western Montreal Airport Hotel • Comfort Inn Aeroport Dorval • Comfort Inn Montreal Aeroport • Days Inn Montreal Airport • Fairfield Inn & Suites Montreal Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Montreal • Hilton Garden Inn Montreal/Dorval Airport • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Airport • Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport • Novotel Montreal Aeroport • Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport • Quality Suites Montreal Aeroport • Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Airport • Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel.
The airport is serviced daily by the following regional bus lines:
- Orleans Express > Trois Rivieres, Ste Foy and Quebec City
- Greyhound > Ottawa and Gatineau
- Aeronavette > 24-hr door to door service to/from the Eastern Townships
- Autocars Skyport > Mont-Tremblant (winter season only)
Taxi and Limousine Service
Taxis and limousines are available for hire at the Arrivals Level central exit. A dispatcher will be available to assist. Taxis charge according to the meter for all destinations except downtown, for which a flat rate is available (minimum of $17). Limousine fares are based on a zoned rate card. Credit cards and Canadian currency are accepted for payment. Wheelchair-accessible taxis, known here as adapted taxis, can be requested through the dispatcher.
The AirConnect airport shuttle connects Montreal-Trudeau International Airport with VIA Rail, a nationwide inter-city passenger railway service in Canada. AirConnect runs between the airport and the VIA station in Dorval every 20 to 30 minutes.
Last Updated: 29 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.