About This Airport:
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Vancouver Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of the airport hotel in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I would like to thank the staff of Vancouver Airport for the most beautiful, clean and comfortable airport I have ever been stuck at. - Bob and Paul
photo by SleepingInAirports.net [ submit a photo ]
Just wanted to confirm the area by the USA gates is still a great place to sleep. You can get some privacy, just look around. I slept by the escalator to the hotel. I was around the corner and the lights were pretty dim. It was quite private unlike many of the other benches. The benches in this airport don't have arms (I'm 6'2' and was comfortable) and they're movable keep that in mind. I definitely recommend checking near the escalator to the hotel to see if there is a spot for you there. The showers at the hotel don't open to the public until 8am.
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Plaza Premium Lounges - Offers food & beverages, alcoholic drinks, Internet / WiFi and more. Rates: $ 35 (2 hours) • $ 45 (3 hours) • $65 (6 hours). [ Book Online or use the 20% off Coupon at the door]
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Domestic - Location: Domestic Departures, Airside, Level 3, near Gate A2. Hours: 6am - 9pm (Sun – Fri) • 6am - 8pm (Sat)
- Plaza Premium Lounge - International - Location: International Departures, Airside, Level 3. Hours: 430am - 1am. Showers are available.
- Plaza Premium Lounge - USA Departures - Location: USA Departures, Airside, Level 3. Hours: 5am - 630 (Sun – Fri) • 5am - 6pm (Sat)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - Domestic - Location: Domestic Departures, Airside. Hours: 445am - 1130pm
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - Transborder - Location: USA Departures, Airside. Hours: 530am - 1030pm
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - International - Location: International Departures, Airside. Hours: 9am- 2am
Free WiFi is available at Vancouver Airport.
If sleeping in the Vancouver Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel inside the airport and near the airport with a free airport shuttle:
- Fairmont Vancouver Airport - Located inside the US Terminal. They offer drop-in access to the showers. Day room packages start at $99 for a 4 hours between the hours of 8am-8pm. Ear plugs and eyesmasks are provided if required.
- Delta Vancouver Airport (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours departs every 20 minutes)
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- La Quinta (Shuttle Hours: 6am - 945pm)
- Aquarium - The airport has a large, 114,000-litre aquarium showcasing 850 indigenous sea animals. Location: International Terminal, Departures Level.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Hertz • National • Thrifty. Location: Ground floor of the parkade.
- Chapel - Location: International Arrivals, Arrivals Level 2, landside. Hours: unknown
- Children's Play Area - Location: Domestic Terminal Food Court (landside) • Domestic Terminal Gates 3 and 43 (airside) • International Terminal - Gate 54 (airside)
- Currency Exchange - There are many ICE Currency Service locations landside and airside. There is a 24 hour location in the International Terminal, on level 3 (landside).
- Dental and Medical Clinics
This is probably here more for the airport employees, but if you have to require dental work in between flights stop by here. Location: Domestic Terminal - landside, level 1
- Food / Dining -
There are a few food concessions that are open 24-hours:
>>>Landside: Tim Hortons
>>>Airside: A&W • Subway • Burger King (International Terminal)
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - CDS Baggage Services has two locations. International Terminal, Landside, Level 2 and Domestic Terminal, Landside, Level 2. Rates range from $5.00-8.00 per item based on a 24-hour period. Short and long term storage is available.
- Observation Area - Meet your friends or watch the activity on the tarmac at the airport's observation area. There are telescopes, interactive kiosks and an interactive model of Sea Island. Location: Domestic Terminal, Level 4 (Landside). Rate: Free
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers - Landside - The Absolute Spa, located on the lobby level of the Fairmont Vancouver Airport. The rate is $15 plus taxes and includes access to the pool, healthclub (workout facilities) and showers. Hours: 8:30am – 9:00pm.
Airside - Plaza Premium Lounges (International and Domestic Terminals)
- Spa and Salon -
Absolute Spa and Hair Salon @ YVR has several locations throughout the airport if you need to get yourself cleaned up before or inbetween flights.
Domestic Terminal - Landside, Level 1
Domestic Terminal - Airside, Gate C32
Domestic Terminal - Airside, Gate C44
US Terminal - Airside, Gate E85
Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel - (US Terminal) - Landside
open 24 hours
Airport Transportation: Getting There
- The Canada Line - connects the airport with downtown Vancouver and Richmond
Boarding Location: located between the International and Domestic Terminals.
Duration: 26 minutes to Vancouver and 18 minutes to Richmond
Frequency: 4 - 7 minutes
Hours: 4:40am - 1:05am
Fare: a $5 CanadaLine YVR AddFare Tax in addition to the regular fare.
- Taxis, shuttle buses and the usual means of transportation are also available.
Airport Sleeper Policy
As of January 2012, there have been reports that security is now checking airport sleepers throughout the night. Please have your ID, e-ticket and a good reason as to why you are not in a hotel! [ read this review for more info ]
Last Updated: 03 April 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.