In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Brisbane Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was woken up to a cup of coffee brought to me by Noel, the cleaner!!! I was almost moved to tears and so thankful. - weltresiende
I arrived at Brisbane International Terminal at midnight and had to wait for my flight out until 10AM the next morning. Went to sofas (as I read on your website before)where cleaning staff didn't mind me sitting down although they were cleaning carpets and sofas around me. Had a nice chat with them, one of them told me where to get a coffee (at service station; just walk through the parking lot outside the airport. Now guess what! After a good, uninterrupted sleep on the sofa among the trees(mind you I am only 1.62 short and)someone touched me slightly and I was woken up to a cup of coffee brought to me by Noel, the cleaner!!! I was almost moved to tears and so thankful. I then, went to the very clean showers downstairs in the arrival area where I had a shower and dried myself with the amazing paper towels. I guess, I couldn't have had it better in a hotel only this one was for free! Had a great breakfast then, found all staff very friendly and helpful. I will certainly do this again at this airport (and I am not a young person!)
Have you been to Brisbane Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Brisbane airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Virgin Australia Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Opposite Gate 41. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (AUD 65) • Virgin Australia Membership.
- Qantas Club - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departure Level 1, near Gate 22. Lounge Access: Qantas Club Membership.
- Qantas Club - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Lounge Access: Qantas Club Membership.
- Air New Zealand International Lounge - Location: Airside, International Departures. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (NZD 55/85) • Air New Zealand Koru Club Membership.
Free WiFi is available at Brisbane Airport for 3 hours. The service is currently available in these locations: International Terminal - level 3 and level 4 retail areas • Domestic Terminal - Level 2 retail area • BNE Service Centre • Skygate Precinct & The Village Markets.
Additionally, Internet kiosks are available on Levels 2, 3 and 4 of the International Terminal. Rate is AUD 2.00 (20 minutes)
If sleeping in Brisbane Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Budget Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($).
- Novotel Brisbane Airport - (5 min from the airport) The hotel is located in Skygate, adjacent to the airport. Shuttle service runs on a scheduled loop from 5am to 9am and 5pm to 9pm, for AUD $5 per person, each way. Shuttle picks up at Domestic Terminal (Zone D2 Blue) and International Terminal (Bay 2 of Coach/Bus Zone). Outside of hours, you can use the free Skygate Terminal Bus that runs from the airport terminals to Woolworth’s. Hotel is across the parking lot from Woolworth’s.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Northgate Airport Hotel - (3 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available Monday through Friday for airport drop-offs only (must be pre-booked). Drop-off times are 6:30am, 7:30am, 8:30am, and 9:30am. Fee applies.
- Best Western Airport 85 - (7 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($).
- Airport Admiralty Motel - (8 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available daily from 4am to 9am ($).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Brisbane Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Airport Ambassadors - Men and women dressed in a blue shirt with a yellow 'i' are frequently seen throughout the airport in order to offer assistance.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available on all levels of the International and Domestic Terminals (landside and airside). Travelex has a select few machines that dispense foreign currency (Australian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars, US Dollars and Euro).
- Luggage Trolleys - In the International Terminal, the baggage trolleys are free of charge. However, in the Domestci Terminal, the fee is AU$4.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offices are located in the International Terminal, Levels 2 and 3 • Domestic Terminal, Central Area, Levels 1 and 2.
- Drinking Water - Water fountains are available.
- Food & Drinks - The following concessions are open 24 hours: Woolworths (Skygate) • McDonalds (BNE Service Centre).
- Information Desk - The Information desk is located on level 2 landside. Hours: open until 2am
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Lockers are available in the International Terminal (ground floor, entrance to the car park). Rates from $4.00 (small bag: 0-4 hours) to $12.00 (large bag: 24 hours).
- Pharmacy - Airport Pharmacy sells general health products, over the the counter medicine, cosmetics, skin care and fragrances - Location: Airside, Level 2, opposite Gate 23. Hours: 7:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Prayer room - Location: International Terminal, Level 4
- Showers - Free showers are available in both terminals. Locations: International Terminal, Levels 2, Arrivals and Level 3, Departures • Domestic Terminal, Level 2, Central Area Terminal and Central Area Satelite.
- Smoking - A designated smoking area is located at the International Terminal, Level 3, airside, behind the Coffeee Club. Landside smoking areas can get crowded with airport employees.
- Tourist Refund Scheme - Located on level 3 airside, offers tax back for certain purchases. An employee tells us that you must have receipts, be able to show products and must not get offended easily as the Customs Officials are extremely rude. In fact - avoid customs people wherever possible.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Con-x-ion Airport Transfers meet every flight arriving into Brisbane Airport seven days a week, offering one way or return 'door-to-door' coach services from the airport to/from Brisbane city, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast.
Passengers can book transfers at the Con-X-ion customer service counter on Level 2 of the International Terminal and at the Con-X-ion kerbside booth at the Domestic Terminal. Con-x-ion also provides private bus charters on request.
For more details on schedules, time and costs, visit the Con-x-ion web site.
Airtrain offers services between the airport, Brisbane City and the Gold Coast, as well as transfers between the Domestic and International Terminals for $5 per person.
Airtrain departs every 15 minutes during peak hours and runs between the following times: Weekdays: 5.04am-10.04pm; weekends: 6.04am-10.04pm.
Other rates apply for Airtrain services to other destinations. Children aged 5-14 travel free between the airport and city stations when accompanied by a paying adult. For the full Airtrain schedule and fare details, visit the Airtrain web site.
Taxi ranks are located at centrally at the Domestic Terminal, and at the northern end of arrivals on Level 2 at the International Terminal.
Car rental providers include Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Redspot • Thrifty. Locations: International Terminal, Level 2 • Domestic Terminal, Level 1.
Brisbane Travel Resources
- Brisbane Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Brisbane Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 13 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.