Brisbane Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Brisbane Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was woken up to a cup of coffee brought to me by Noel, the cleaner!!! I was almost moved to tears and so thankful. - weltresiende
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Brisbane Airport.
What to Expect
- Brisbane Airport has two terminals: one for international flights and the other for domestic flights. A free shuttle bus transports passengers between the two terminals.
- Free Wifi is available. See WiFi is the airport guide below.
- There are 24 hour concession options both landside and airside.
Where to Sleep
- The International Terminal is your best bet for getting a good night’s rest, as the Domestic Terminal lacks the warmth and comfortable seating preferable for an overnight stay. Reviewers praise comfy couches to sleep on throughout the International Terminal, both landside and airside.
- Several reviewers pointed out level 4 (Departures) in the International terminal as the best place to sleep. There is also a prayer room on this floor.
- Air conditioning tends to be on full blast, so pack a warm sweater or blanket.
- Some reviewers complained about loud TVs, so consider bringing earplugs or noise cancelling headphones.
- There is a hotel adjacent to the airport and other nearby options that provide an airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- There is a marketplace adjacent to the airport called Skygate, which has a supermarket and a variety of outlet stores. You can reach it via the complimentary terminal shuttle bus, or by the Airtrain.
- There are free showers in multiple bathrooms throughout the airport.
- Economy class passengers can find comfort in one of the lounges that are accessible with a day pass or an airline lounge membership. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Brisbane Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Virgin Australia Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Opposite Gate 41. Lounge Access: Virgin Australia Membership.
- Qantas Club - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departure Level 1, near Gate 22. Lounge Access: Qantas Club Membership.
- Qantas Club - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Lounge Access: Qantas Club Membership.
- Air New Zealand Koru Club - Location: Airside, International Departures. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Air New Zealand Koru Club Membership.
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Level 4. Showers are available. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (AUD 66 for 5 hours) • Book Online (£42.00) • Priority Pass
Free WiFi is available at Brisbane Airport. Connect to the “@BNE_FREE WI-FI” network. An email address is required. Qantas and Virgin Australia also offer their own WiFi services, available in their lounges and gate areas.
Additionally, Internet kiosks are available on Levels 2, 3 and 4 of the International Terminal. Rate is AUD 2.00 (20 minutes).
If sleeping in Brisbane Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Budget Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($).
- Novotel Brisbane Airport - (5 min from the airport) The hotel is located in Skygate, adjacent to the airport. Shuttle service runs on a scheduled loop from 5:00AM to 9:00AM and 5:00PM to 9:00PM, for AUD $5 per person, each way. Shuttle picks up at Domestic Terminal (Zone D2 Blue) and International Terminal (Bay 2 of Coach/Bus Zone). Outside of hours, you can use the free Skygate Terminal Bus that runs from the airport terminals to Woolworth’s. Hotel is across the parking lot from Woolworth’s.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Northgate Airport Hotel - (3 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available Monday through Friday for airport drop-offs only (must be pre-booked). Drop-off times are 6:30AM, 7:30AM, 8:30AM, and 9:30AM. Fee applies.
- Best Western Airport 85 - (7 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($).
- Airport Admiralty Motel - (8 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available daily from 4:00AM to 9:00AM ($).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Brisbane Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Airport Ambassadors - Men and women dressed in a blue shirt with a yellow 'i' are frequently seen throughout the airport in order to offer assistance.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available on all levels of the International and Domestic Terminals (landside and airside). Travelex has a select few machines that dispense foreign currency (Australian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars, US Dollars and Euro).
- Baby Care Facilities - There are 9 Parenting Rooms in the International Terminal and 1 in Domestic. The rooms include private feeding room, change benches and most offer microwaves.
- Baggage Trolleys - In the International Terminal, the baggage trolleys are free of charge. However, in the Domestic Terminal, the fee is AU$4.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offices are located in the International Terminal, Levels 2 and 3 • Domestic Terminal, Central Area, Levels 1 and 2.
- Drinking Water - Water fountains are available.
- Food & Drinks - The following concessions are open 24 hours: Woolworths (Skygate) • McDonalds (BNE Service Centre). Vending Machines: Locations: International Terminal: Level 1, 2,3 & 4 and Domestic Terminal:Level 1 & 2.
- Hot Water Stations - For those Cup ‘O Noodles or hot tea moments, a self-service hot water dispenser is available at your convenience. Location: International Terminal, Level 3 next to the public bathrooms near The Coffee Club.
- Information Desk - The Information desk is located in the International Terminal, Level 2, landside (Hours: 5:00AM - 2:00AM) and Domestic Terminal, Central Area, Level 1 (Hours: 7:00AM - 2:45 PM).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Storage is available in the International Terminal (ground floor, entrance to the car park) and in Domestic Terminal outside the Virgin & Qantas Terminals. Storage rates are AU$10.00 (small) • AU$12 (medium) • $14.00 (large) for up to 24 hours. Lockers are also available 24 hours - rates are AU $4 - AU $8 for a small locker ranging from 4 - 24 hours and for a large the rates are AU $8 - AU $12 for 4 -24 hours.
- Massage Chairs - 8 chairs can be found in the International Terminal, 2 in the Domestic Terminal and 2 in the Skygate area. Rates: $2.00 first 4 minutes, $1.00 each additional minute.
- Mobile Charging Stations - Location: Domestic Terminal Opposite Cavu in the Common User Area, Level 2 and Left-hand side of the common user (middle) satellite, Level 2. International: Level 3 - Airside (in front of JR/Watch co.)
- Pharmacy - Airport Pharmacy sells general health products, over the the counter medicine, cosmetics, skin care and fragrances - Location: Airside, Level 2, opposite Gate 23. Hours: 7:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Prayer room - Location: International Terminal, Level 4, to the back right corner of this level.
- Showers - Free showers are available in both terminals. Locations: International Terminal, Levels 2, Arrivals and Level 3, Departures • Domestic Terminal, Level 2, Central Area Terminal and Central Area Satelite. Showers are also available in a few of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking - A designated smoking area is located at the International Terminal, Level 3, airside, behind the Coffeee Club. Landside smoking areas can get crowded with airport employees.
- Tourist Refund Scheme - Located on level 3 airside, offers tax back for certain purchases. An employee tells us that you must have receipts, be able to show products and must not get offended easily as the Customs Officials are extremely rude. In fact - avoid customs people wherever possible.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Con-x-ion Airport Transfers facilitates Bus transportation from the Con-X-ion customer service counter on Level 2 of the International Terminal and at the Con-X-ion kerbside booth at the Domestic Terminal. It provides one way or return “door-to-door” coach services from the airport to various points throughout the city, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast. For more details on schedules, time and costs, visit the Con-x-ion web site.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Airolodge International • Airport Motel • Best Western Airport Hacienda Motel • Best Western Airport 85 Motel • Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport • Ibis Budget Brisbane Airport • Ibis Styles Brisbane Elizabeth Street • Kingsford Smith Motel • Novotel Brisbane Airport.
Airtrain operates train transportation between the airport, Brisbane City and the Gold Coast from the Domestic and International Terminals. For the full Airtrain schedule and fare details, visit the Airtrain web site.
Taxi service is provided by Black & White Cabs and Yellow Cab. You can pick up a taxi at the northern end of Arrivals on Level 2.
Car rental providers include Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Redspot • Thrifty. Locations: International Terminal, Level 2 • Domestic Terminal, Level 1.
Last Updated: 09 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.