In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Brisbane Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was woken up to a cup of coffee brought to me by Noel, the cleaner!!! I was almost moved to tears and so thankful.
I arrived at Brisbane International Terminal at midnight and had to wait for my flight out until 10AM the next morning. Went to sofas (as I read on your website before)where cleaning staff didn't mind me sitting down although they were cleaning carpets and sofas around me. Had a nice chat with them, one of them told me where to get a coffee (at service station; just walk through the parking lot outside the airport. Now guess what! After a good, uninterrupted sleep on the sofa among the trees(mind you I am only 1.62 short and)someone touched me slightly and I was woken up to a cup of coffee brought to me by Noel, the cleaner!!! I was almost moved to tears and so thankful. I then, went to the very clean showers downstairs in the arrival area where I had a shower and dried myself with the amazing paper towels. I guess, I couldn't have had it better in a hotel only this one was for free! Had a great breakfast then, found all staff very friendly and helpful.
I will certainly do this again at this airport (and I am not a young person!)
Have you been to Brisbane Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Virgin Blue Lounge - Domestic Terminal, airside, Gate 41
- Qantas Club - Domestic Terminal
- Qantas Club - International Terminal
- Air New Zealand International Lounge
Free WiFi is available at Brisbane Airport in these locations: International Terminal - level 3 and level 4 retail areas • Common User Domestic Terminal - Level 2 retail area. Time Limit: 3 hours.
Additionally, Internet kiosks are available on Levels 2, 3 and 4 of the International Terminal. Rate is AUD 2.00 (20 minutes)
If sleeping in the Brisbane Airport is not for you, then here are some hotels near the airport...
- Ibis Budget Hotel - Located 5 minutes from the airport. An airport shuttle is available at additional cost
- Novotel Brisbane Airport
- Airway Motel
- Best Western Airport 85
- Best Western Airport Hacienda
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Brisbane Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available on all levels of the International and Domestic Terminals (landside and airside).
- Luggage Trolleys - In the International Terminal, the baggage trolleys are free of charge. However, in the Domestci Terminal, the fee is AU$4.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Redspot • Thrifty. Locations: International Terminal, Level 2 • Domestic Terminal, Level 1.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offices are located in the International Terminal, Levels 2 and 3 • Domestic Terminal, Central Area, Levels 1 and 2.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food or beverage concessions at the airport.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Lockers are available in the International Terminal (ground floor, entrance to the car park). Rates from $4.00 (small bag: 0-4 hours) to $12.00 (large bag: 24 hours)
- Prayer room - Location: International Terminal, Level 4
- Showers - Free showers are available in both terminals. Locations: International Terminal, Levels 2, Arrivals and Level 3, Departures • Domestic Terminal, Level 2, Central Area Terminal and Central Area Satelite.
- Smoking - A designated smoking area is located at the International Terminal, Level 3, airside.
open 24 hours
Facebook and Twitter Tips
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Brisbane Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Brisbane Travel Resources
- Brisbane Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 13 February 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.