Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Brisbane Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I was woken up to a cup of coffee brought to me by Noel, the cleaner!!! I was almost moved to tears and so thankful. – weltresiende
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time spent at Brisbane Airport.
What to Expect
Brisbane Airport contains two terminals—International and Domestic—connected by AirTrain. Both terminals contain plenty of landside and airside shopping and 24-hour dining options. You will also find free WiFi to help pass the time. There are lounges in both the Domestic and International Terminals, with at least one offering paid access to economy class passengers. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
Travellers report that the International Terminal offers the best sleeping conditions primarily due to more comfortable seating options—including comfy couches airside and landside—than found in the Domestic Terminal. In particular, travellers have pointed out Level 4 Departures in the International Terminal as the best place to sleep. That said, noise and cold temperatures have been identified as a problem throughout the airport, so consider earplugs and a warm sweater or blanket. Explore our guide to sleeping in Brisbane Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. A new airport hotel is located next to the International Terminal and can be accessed by AirTrain and shuttle bus. Other nearby airport hotels are serviced by shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
There are free showers located in multiple restrooms throughout the airport.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass, Koru Club or Qantas Club). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Plaza Premium Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Level 4. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website.
Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside • The Emirates Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside.
If sleeping in Brisbane Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Pullman Brisbane Airport Hotel – (5 min walk from the Domestic Terminal) An airport shuttle is available to both Terminals for a fee. » Check Rates
- Ibis Budget Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available ($). » Check Rates
- Novotel Brisbane Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) The hotel is located in Skygate, adjacent to the airport. Shuttle service runs on a scheduled loop every 40 minutes from 4:00AM to 11:00PM, for AUD $6 per person, each way. Shuttle picks up at Domestic Terminal (Zone D2 Blue) and International Terminal (Bay 2 of Coach/Bus Zone). Outside of hours, you can use the free Skygate Terminal Bus that runs from the airport terminals to Woolworth’s. Hotel is across the parking lot from Woolworth’s. » Check Rates
- Comfort Inn & Suites Northgate Airport Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available Monday through Friday for airport drop-offs only (must be pre-booked). Drop-off times are 6:30AM, 7:30AM, 8:30AM, and 9:30AM. Fee applies. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Brisbane Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Brisbane Airport. Connect to the “@BNE_FREE WI-FI” network. An email address is required. Note: if you are in an airport lounge, a separate lounge WiFi access is provided.
Additionally, Internet kiosks are available on Levels 2, 3 and 4 of the International Terminal. Rate is AUD 2.00 (20 minutes).
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – There are 9 Parenting Rooms in the International Terminal and 1 in Domestic. The rooms include private feeding room, change benches and most offer microwaves.
Food & Drinks
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? Cold drinking water dispensers are available free of charge. Locations: thoughout the airport. For those Cup ‘O Noodles or hot tea moments, a self-service hot water dispenser is available. Location: International Terminal, Level 3, next to the public bathrooms near The Coffee Club.
- Food & Drinks – The following concessions are open 24 hours: Woolworths (Skygate) • McDonalds (BNE Service Centre). Vending Machines: Locations: International Terminal: Level 1, 2,3 & 4 and Domestic Terminal:Level 1 & 2.
- Airport Ambassadors – Men and women dressed in a blue shirt with a yellow ‘i’ are frequently seen throughout the airport in order to offer assistance.
- Information Desk – The Information desk is located in the International Terminal, Level 2, landside (Hours: 7:00AM – 11:00AM and 4:00PM – 8:00PM) and Domestic Terminal, Central Area, Level 1 (Hours: 7:00AM – 7:00PM).
- Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Brisbane and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there is a Flight Centre Travel Agency with an office at the airport that can probably be of assistance.
- Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge In the International Terminal. In the Domestic Terminal, the fee is AU$4.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Storage is available in the International Terminal (ground floor, entrance to the car park) and in Domestic Terminal outside the Virgin & Qantas Terminals. Storage rates are AU$10.00 (small) • AU$12 (medium) • $14.00 (large) for up to 24 hours. Lockers are also available 24 hours – rates are AU $4 – AU $8 for a small locker ranging from 4 – 24 hours and for a large the rates are AU $8 – AU $12 for 4 -24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protectabag offers services. Location: International Terminal, Landside, Level 4. Hours: 4:30AM – 12:00AM (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun) and 5:00AM – 12:00AM (Wed & Fri).
- Dental Services – The Skygate Dental Services is available for all dental needs including 24 hour emergency care. Location: Skygate. Hours: 8:30AM – 5:00PM (everyday and 24 hour on call emergency).
- Medical Services – First Aid services are available in both Terminals. Make yourself aware to airport staff for assistance. Defibrillators are also available.
- Pharmacy – Airport Pharmacy sells general health products, over the counter medicine, cosmetics, skin care and fragrances – Location: Airside, Level 2, near Gate 24. Hours: 6:00AM – 7:30PM (Mon – Fri) and 7:00AM – 7:00PM (Sat & Sun). Direct Chemist Outlet provides prescriptions, over the counter medicines and free health services (blood pressure checks, weight measurement, etc.). Location: Skygate. Hours: 8:30AM – 6:00PM (Mon – Fri), 8:30AM – 5:30PM (Sat) and 10:00AM – 4:00PM (Sun).
- Mobile Charging – Need to recharge your mobile devices? Dedicated USB and plug-in charging stations can be found throughout the terminals, landside and airside. Check out the Watt Bikes (International Terminal, Level 4, Departure Hall, near the food court) where you can power your device up while pedaling. Recharge yourself and your phone!
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Travelex has a select few machines that dispense foreign currency (Australian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars, US Dollars and Euro). Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: on all levels of the International and Domestic Terminals (Landside and Airside).
- Currency Exchange – Travelex offices are located in the International Terminal, Levels 2 and 3 • Domestic Terminal, Central Area, Levels 1 and 2.
- Prayer room – Location: International Terminal, Level 4, to the back right corner of this level.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage Chairs – 8 chairs can be found in the International Terminal, 2 in the Domestic Terminal and 2 in the Skygate area. Rates: $2.00 first 4 minutes, $1.00 each additional minute.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free shopping is available. Locations: Airside, Departures, Level 3 • Landside, Arrivals, Level 2. Hours: open for every flight. In addition, you will find plenty of stores to pass the time including the Woolworths Supermarket which is open 24 hours.
- Tourist Refund Scheme – Located on level 3 airside, offers tax back for certain purchases. An employee tells us that you must have receipts, be able to show products and must not get offended easily as the Customs Officials are extremely rude. In fact – avoid customs people wherever possible.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Salon Services – Get a pre-flight cut or blow out.
- A & B Barber – Location: Skygate. Hours: 9:00AM – 5:30PM (Mon-Wed & Fri), 9:00AM – 6:00PM (Thurs), 10:00AM – 3:00PM (Sat) and closed Sundays.
- Anton & Blair Salon – Location: Skygate. Hours: 9:00AM – 5:30PM except Thursdays when it is open 9:00AM – 8:00PM and closed Sundays.
- Showers – Free showers are available in both terminals. The shower facilities are very basic; you will need to provide your own towels and toiletries. Locations: International Terminal, Levels 2, Arrivals and Level 3, Departures • Domestic Terminal, Level 2, Central Area Terminal near Gate 36 and Central Area Satellite near Gate 26. Showers are also available in a few of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spa Services – The airport offers a few options to treat yourself before or after your flight.
- Beauty Stop – Location: Skygate. Hours: 9:00AM – 5:30PM (Mon – Wed & Fri- Sat), 9:00AM – 6:30PM (Thurs) and 10:00AM – 4:00PM (Sun).
- Wellness Spa – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Level 3. Hours: 5:00AM – 12:00AM (may change according to flights).
- Chi Link – Offering massage and acupuncture services. Location: Skygate. Hours: 9:00AM – 6:00PM (Mon – Thurs), 9:00AM – 9:00PM (Friday) and 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Sat & Sun).
- Smoking – A designated smoking area is located at the International Terminal, Level 3, airside, behind the Coffeee Club. Landside smoking areas can get crowded with airport employees.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of April 2019, Brisbane airport is served by the following airlines: Air Asia • Air Canada • Air China • Air New Zealand • Air Niugini • Air Vanuatu • Aircalin • Alliance • Cathay Pacific • China Airlines • China Eastern • China Southern • Corporate Airlines • Emirates • Etihad Airways • EVA Airways • Fiji Airways • Fly Corporate • GAM Air • Hainan Airlines • Hawaiian Airlines • Jetstar • Korean Airlines • Malaysia Airlines • Malindo Air • Nauru Airlines • Philippine Airlines • Qantas • Rex • Samoa Airlines • Seair Pacific • Singapore Airlines • Skytrans • Solomon Airlines • Thai Airways • Tigerair • Virgin Australia.
Con-x-ion Airport Transfers facilitates Bus transportation from the Con-X-ion customer service counter on Level 2 of the International Terminal and at the Con-X-ion kerbside booth at the Domestic Terminal. It provides one way or return “door-to-door” coach services from the airport to various points throughout the city, the port, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast. For more details on schedules, time and costs, visit the Con-x-ion web site.
Public bus service is available from the Skygate Center (you will need to make your way here from the terminal). Bus # 590 operates a route between the Skygate and the rail network at the Toombul Interchange. From there you have many options for onward travel to city and surrounding suburbs. For more information, visit the Translink website.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Airolodge International • Airport Motel • Best Western Airport Hacienda Motel • Best Western Airport 85 Motel • Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport • Ibis Budget Brisbane Airport • Ibis Styles Brisbane Elizabeth Street • Kingsford Smith Motel • Novotel Brisbane Airport.
An Airtrain operates train transportation between the airport, Brisbane City and the Gold Coast from the Domestic and International Terminals. Trains depart every 15 minutes during peak times and operate between from early morning until 10:00PM. Tickets start at AUD 12.50; however, the train is free for passengers with Virgin Australia boarding passes. For the full Airtrain schedule and fare details, visit the Airtrain website.
Metered taxis are readily available at both Terminals. Service is provided by Black & White Cabs and Yellow Cab.
Car rental providers include Alamo/Enterprise/National • Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Thrifty. Locations: International Terminal, Level 2 • Domestic Terminal, Level 1.
Last updated: 2019-04-29
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.