Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Brisbane Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I was woken up to a cup of coffee brought to me by Noel, the cleaner!!! I was almost moved to tears and so thankful. – weltresiende
BNE Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Brisbane Airport (Code: BNE).
What to Expect
Brisbane Airport contains two terminals—International and Domestic—connected by AirTrain. Both terminals contain plenty of landside and airside shopping and 24-hour dining options. You will also find free WiFi to help pass the time. There are lounges in both the Domestic and International Terminals, with at least one offering paid access to economy class passengers. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Brisbane Airport
Travellers report that the International Terminal offers the best sleeping conditions primarily due to more comfortable seating options—including comfy couches airside and landside—than found in the Domestic Terminal. In particular, travellers have pointed out Level 4 Departures in the International Terminal as the best place to sleep. That said, noise and cold temperatures have been identified as a problem throughout the airport, so consider earplugs and a warm sweater or blanket. Explore our guide to sleeping in Brisbane Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. A new airport hotel is located next to the International Terminal and can be accessed by AirTrain and shuttle bus. Other nearby airport hotels are serviced by shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the guide below.
Good to Know
There are free showers located in multiple restrooms throughout the airport.
To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos. You can also visit the airport’s web site for current information. For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Brisbane Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Plaza Premium Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Level 4. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
Air New Zealand Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
My Lounge – Location: Airside, Upper Level, near Gate 71. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door.
Qantas Club – Multiple Locations – (2) Domestic Terminal and (1) International Terminal.
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website.
Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside • The Emirates Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside.
Related Pages: Brisbane Airport Lounges
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are hotels near Brisbane Airport that provide airport shuttles:
With Covid restrictions constantly changing, we recommend that you confirm shuttle availability prior to booking and/or prior to your arrival.
- Pullman Brisbane Airport Hotel – 5 minute walk to the Domestic Terminal. » Check Rates
- Ibis Budget Hotel – Paid airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Novotel Brisbane Airport – 5 minute walk to the Domestic Terminal. The hotel is located in Skygate, adjacent to the airport. As of February 2022, the airport was closed to the public, so transportation is not available. » Check Rates
- Comfort Inn & Suites Northgate Airport Hotel – Free airport shuttle. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Brisbane Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Brisbane Airport. Connect to the “BNE Free WI-FI” network. An email address is required. Note: if you are in an airport lounge, a separate lounge WiFi access is provided.
Additionally, Internet kiosks are available on Levels 2, 3 and 4 of the International Terminal. Rate is AUD 2.00 (20 minutes).
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- SIM Cards – Optus Network sells SIM cards at $30 with 60GB data, unlimited calls and texts to 15 selected countries. Hours: 5:00AM- 1:00AM. Location: Level 2, International Terminal.
- Mailbox – Drop-off your last-minute postcard at the mailbox located outside the terminal.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – If you are travelling with an infant, there are 7 Parenting Rooms in the International Terminal and 7 in Domestic, with at least one available on each floor. The rooms include private feeding room, changing tables, feeding chairs and most offer microwaves.
- Children Play Areas – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the Interactive screen to play airport related games. Locations: International Terminal, Airside, Level 3, Village Green. As of this update there is a pop-up play area equipped with toys to play with for young passengers located on the International Terminal, Level 4.
Food & Drinks
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? Cold drinking water dispensers are available free of charge. Locations: throughout the airport. For those Cup ‘O Noodles or hot tea moments, a self-service hot water dispenser is available. Location: International Terminal, Level 3, next to the public bathrooms near The Coffee Club.
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules, with many open from 4:00AM until “late”, which coincides with the daily flight schedule. The following concessions are open 24 hours: McDonalds (Location: BNE Service Centre, close to airport) • Woolworths Market (Location: Skygate, located 5km’s from airport, accessible by free shuttle bus). Vending Machines: Locations: International Terminal: Level 1, 2,3 & 4 and Domestic Terminal:Level 1 & 2.
- Airport Ambassadors – Men and women dressed in a blue shirt with a yellow ‘i’ are frequently seen throughout the airport in order to offer assistance.
- Information Desk – If you have any questions, visit one of the airport information desks for assistance. Locations: International Terminal, Level 2, landside (Hours: 24 hours) • Domestic Terminal, Central Area, Level 1 (Hours: 7:00AM – 7:00PM).
- Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Brisbane and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there is a Flight Centre Travel Agency with an office at the airport that can probably be of assistance.
- Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge In the International Terminal. In the Domestic Terminal, the fee is AU$4.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Storage is available in the International Terminal (ground floor, entrance to the car park) • Domestic Terminal outside the Virgin & Qantas Terminals • Skygate Shopping Center, between the center and the DFO, as well as inside the DFO. Storage rates are AU$14.00 (medium) • $16.00 (large) for up to 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags from theft and damage by having your bags wrapped in plastic. Protectabag offers these services. Location: International Terminal, Landside, Level 4. Hours: 4:30AM – 10:00PM. Rates: unknown.
- Dental Services – The Skygate Dental Services is available for all dental needs including 24 hour emergency care. Location: Skygate. Hours: 8:30AM – 5:00PM (everyday and 24 hour on call emergency).
- Medical Services – First Aid services are available in both Terminals. Make yourself aware to airport staff for assistance. Defibrillators and first aid kits are also available.
- Pharmacy – Airport Pharmacy sells general health products, over the counter medicine, cosmetics, skin care and fragrances – Location: Airside, Level 2, near Gate 24. Hours: 7:00AM – 5:30PM (Mon – Sun). Direct Chemist Outlet provides prescriptions, over the counter medicines and free health services (blood pressure checks, weight measurement, etc.). Location: Skygate. Hours: 8:00AM – 6:00PM (Mon – Fri), 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Sat) • 10:00AM – 5:00PM (Sun).
- Mobile Charging – Need to recharge your mobile devices? Dedicated USB and plug-in charging stations can be found throughout the terminals, landside and airside. Check out the Watt Bikes (International Terminal, Level 4, Departure Hall, near the food court) where you can power your device up while pedaling. Recharge yourself and your phone!
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Travelex has a select few machines that dispense foreign currency (Australian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars, US Dollars and Euro). Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: on all levels of the International and Domestic Terminals (Landside and Airside).
- Currency Exchange – Travelex offices are located in the International Terminal, Levels 2 and 3 • Domestic Terminal, Central Area, Levels 1 and 2.
- Prayer room – Location: International Terminal, Level 4, to the back right corner of this level.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free shopping is available. Locations: Airside, Departures, Level 3 • Landside, Arrivals, Level 2. Hours: open for every flight. In addition, you will find plenty of stores to pass the time including the Woolworths Supermarket which is open 24 hours.
- Tourist Refund Scheme – Located on level 3 airside, offers tax back for certain purchases. An employee tells us that you must have receipts, be able to show products and must not get offended easily as the Customs Officials are extremely rude. In fact – avoid customs people wherever possible.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Salon Services – If you need a last minute hair cut or a pre-flight blow out, visit one of the following locations:
- Beauty Stop – Offers a full range of professional services such as massage, nail services, make up, body piercing, etc. Location: Skygate. Hours: 9:00AM – 5:30PM (Mon-Wed & Fri – Sat) • 9:00AM – 6:30PM (Thurs) • 10:00AM – 4:00PM (Sun).
- Anton Steele Hair – Location: Skygate. Hours: 9:00AM – 5:30PM (Mon – Wed & Fri – Sat) • 9:00AM – 8:00PM (Thurs) • Closed (Sun).
- Showers – Free showers are available in both terminals. The shower facilities are very basic; you will need to provide your own towels and toiletries. Locations: International Terminal, Level 2, Arrivals and Level 3, Departures • Domestic Terminal, Level 2, Central Area Terminal near Gate 36 and Central Area Satellite near Gate 26. Showers are also available in a few of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spa Services – The airport offers a few options to treat yourself before or after your flight.
- Beauty Stop – Provides massages, nail treatments and waxing services. Location: Skygate. Hours: 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Mon – Sat) • 10:00AM – 4:00PM (Sun).
- Chi Link – Offering Chinese spa treatments, such as acupuncture, cupping, deep-tissue massages, reflexology and more. Location: Skygate. Hours: 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Mon – Sun).
- Plaza Premium Wellness Spa – Offers massages from 15-minute express massage to 1 hour full body massage. Location: Plaza Premium Lounge.
- Smoking – A designated smoking area is located at the International Terminal, Level 3, airside, behind the Coffee Club. Landside smoking areas can get crowded with airport employees.
Things to See and Do
- Airport Museum – Kingsford Smith Memorial is dedicated to one of Australia’s pioneer aviators. Here, passengers will find a preserved airplane, as well as information boards with interesting facts. Location: Airport Drive, before the roundabout in front of the International Terminal, about 10 minutes by foot from the airport. Hours: 24 hours. Entry fee: Free!
- Airport Performers – Every year the airport selects a resident artist/group which performs at the airport to brighten up passengers’ travels! Past performers have included Opera Queensland and the Queensland Symphony Orchestra. Performances appear in both the international and domestic terminal.
- Art in the Airport – Be sure to take in the unique design of the airport which features a Queensland inspired interior, as well as commissioned artworks from local artists.
- Find Bluey – If you’re flying out of the International Terminal, keep an eye out for the airport’s mascot, Bluey! If you find him, be sure to take a selfie and even listen to a couple of his jokes.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Brisbane airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • Air New Zealand • Air Niugini • Air Vanuatu • Aircalin • Alliance • Batik Air • Cathay Pacific • China Airlines • China Eastern Airlines • China Southern • Corporate Airlines • Emirates • EVA Airways • Fiji Airways • GAM Air • Heavylift • Jetstar • Korean Airlines • Link Airways • Malaysia Airlines • Nauru Airlines • Philippine Airlines • Qantas • Qatar Airways • Rex • Royal Brunei Airlines • Samoa Airlines • Seair Pacific • Singapore Airlines • Skytrans • Solomon Airlines • Thai Airways • United Airlines • Virgin Australia.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Con-x-ion Airport Transfers facilitates Bus transportation from the Con-X-ion customer service counter on Level 2 of the International Terminal and at the Con-X-ion kerbside booth at the Domestic Terminal. It provides one way or return “door-to-door” coach services from the airport to various points throughout the city, the port, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast. For more details on schedules, time and costs, visit the Con-x-ion web site.
Public bus service is available from the Skygate Center (you will need to make your way here from the terminal). Bus # 590 operates a route between the Skygate and the rail network at the Toombul Interchange. From there you have many options for onward travel to the city and surrounding suburbs. For more information, visit the Translink website.
Alamo/Enterprise/National • Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt. Locations: International Terminal, Level 2 • Domestic Terminal, Level 1.
Several hotels near Brisbane Airport provide airport shuttle service: Airport Clayfield Motel • Airport Motel • Best Western Airport 85 Motel • Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport • Kingsford Smith Motel.
See also Airport Hotels above.
A complimentary Transfer Bus between the Domestic and International terminals operates daily from 4:00AM – 1:30AM. Pick-up locations:
- Domestic Terminal – At the Qantas/Virgin end of the terminal.
- International Terminal – Arrivals Hall, Level 2.
Uber departs from the Domestic terminal (Pre-Booked Express and Ride Booking pickup area) and International terminal (buses and coaches passenger pickup zone).
An Airtrain operates train transportation between the airport, Brisbane City and the Gold Coast from the Domestic and International Terminals. Trains depart every 15 minutes during peak times and operate between from early morning until 10:00PM. Tickets start at AUD 15.30; however, the train is free for passengers with Virgin Australia boarding passes. For the full Airtrain schedule and fare details, visit the Airtrain website.
Metered taxis are readily available at both terminals. Service is provided by Black & White Cabs and 13cabs. Estimated fare is $45-55 one way trip.
Last updated: 2023-03-21
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.