Dunedin Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dunedin Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Dunedin Airport.
What to Expect
- The Dunedin airport has a single terminal with three floors.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- We have not received any reviews on this airport. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- The airport is closed at night, so sleeping here is not possible.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- For a more luxurious waiting experience, there is an airport lounge (see below).
- Economy class passengers flying on Air New Zealand can find comfort in the lounge which is accessible with an airline membership. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Dunedin Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Air New Zealand Koru Club - Location: Main terminal, landside. Lounge Access: Air New Zealand Koru Club
Free WiFi is available at Dunedin Airport for 30 minutes or 1000 MB. Following that initial period, you can pay to use additional internet. There are also two coin-operated internet kiosks ($2 for 12 minutes) located upstairs, adjacent to Velluto.
If sleeping in Dunedin Airport does not appeal to you, there are budget accommodations available in the nearby town of Mosgiel (10 minutes away).
- Silver Peaks Lodge - (10 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available ($).
- Bella Vista Motel Mosgiel - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Longbourne Lodge - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Dunedin Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - A Westpac ATM is located at the front entrance of the terminal
- Baby Care Facilities - Feed and care for your baby in privacy and comfort in the Parents Room. Facilities include a microwave, changing table, diaper disposal, and toilet. Location: Level 1, to the right of the escalators.
- Conference Facilities – There is one conference room and two meeting rooms located on the second floor.
- Disabled Services – Wheelchairs available, lifts operate between all floors and handicap toilets on the ground floor and Level 1. Additional support can be arranged at the information desk.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in the International Departures and Arrivals Halls. In order to purchase from the duty-free shops, you must have a valid ticket. In addition to the two duty-free shops, there is a book/stationery store and a gift shop.
- Family Services – A variety of game machines, including video games and pinball, are available in the X-Zone family entertainment center. The nearby Time to Play offers small children a place to play while their parents take a break. Location: Level 1.
- Food & Drink - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Bach Espresso & Bar • BLD • Counter Culture Coffee • Espresso Plus
- Information Desk – Located on the ground floor adjacent to baggage claim.
- Key Drop – You can drop off or pick up keys at the Information Desk for a small fee.
- Luggage Carts - Free trolleys are available in the arrivals hall.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Available through the Customer Services Desk on the Ground floor.
- Mail Box – Located on Level 1, outside of PaperPlus
- Massage Chairs – Located on the ground floor and Level 1, and cost $2 for a 5 minute massage.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the First Aid Room, located on Level 1, next to the Parents Room and escalators.
- Mobile Charging – Two charging stations are available on the first floor.
The airport is open from 6:00AM - last flight at approx. 9:30PM.
Car rentals are available through the following companies and can be booked online or over the phone. The offices are located outside the main entrance on the left. They are open during flight arrivals and departures. The rental car park is located adjacent to these offices.
There is no bus service between the airport and Dunedin. Services to Central Otago and Invercargill can be booked in advance with a shuttle service.
A number of shuttle and taxi companies service Dunedin Airport.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.