Karratha Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Karratha Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Karratha Airport.
What to Expect
- The Karratha airport has a single, walkable terminal.
- We have not received any reviews on this airport. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- Since the airport is closed at night, sleeping here is not permitted.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers flying on Qantas can find comfort in the lounge which is accessible with an airline membership. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Karratha Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Qantas Club - Location: Ground Floor, next to check-in. Lounge Access: Qantas Club Membership.
Free WiFi is available at Karratha Airport.
If sleeping in Karratha Airport does not appeal to you, here are the closest hotels to the airport:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Karratha - (10 min from airport) No airport shuttle
- Karratha Motel - (12 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Dampier Mermaid Hotel - Less than 5 miles north of the airport. No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Karratha Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - There is an ATM past the screening point in the departures area and one near baggage claim.
- Children’s Play Area - Let your little wild ones burn off energy before your flight at the airside play area, located near the dining area. This play area is suitable for children ages 3 - 10 years old.
- Disabled Services – The entire terminal is on one floor, and there are accessible toilets.
- Food & Drink - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Eagle Boys Express • Espresso • Pizza & Grill • The Bar @ Karratha. Vending machines are also available.
- Luggage Carts - Trolleys are available in baggage claim.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – There are no lockers provided at the airport.
- Shopping - A newsstand, clothing store, and tech shop are available in the airport.
The airport is open from 6:00AM to 9:00PM (daily). It is not possible to sleep overnight in the terminal.
Car rentals are available at the airport, and customer service desks for the following companies are located opposite baggage carousels in the Arrivals lounge of the terminal: Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Thrifty • Raw Hire.
Taxis are available.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.