Launceston Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Launceston Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Launceston Airport.
What to Expect
- The Launceston airport has a single terminal with two levels.
- We have not received any reviews on this airport. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers flying on Qantas can find comfort in the lounge which is accessible with an airline membership. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Launceston Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Qantas Club - Location: Next to check-in. Lounge Access: Qantas Club Membership.
Free WiFi is available throughout Launceston Airport.
If sleeping in Launceston Airport does not appeal to you, there are several tiny bed & breakfast accommodations throughout the area but your best bet may be to go into Launceston city center (about 14 minutes from the airport). Here are some of those hotels:
- Village Family Motor Inn - (10 min from airport) No airport shuttle
- Batman Fawkner Inn - (15 min from airport) Dorm rooms available. No airport shuttle
- Olde Tudor Hotel - (15 min from airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Launceston Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - Located in the departures and arrivals halls (landside).
- Disabled Services – The airport is equipped with a number of disability services, including lifts, wheelchairs, handicap parking and a special pickup/drop off zone. A full disability access facilitation plan is available through the airport website.
- Family Services - Parent’s rooms are located on Level 1 (landside) and the Ground Floor (airside).
- Food & Drink - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Boags Upper Deck • Hudsons Coffee (landside and airside) • Wilderness Espresso. Vending machines are also available.
- Luggage Carts - Located outside the terminal at the arrivals and departures doors.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – There is no luggage storage available at the airport.
- Mailbox – Located outside the airport, between the arrivals and departures doors.
- Shopping - A wide variety of merchandise, including newspapers, magazines, travel goods, and local wines, is available for purchase at The Launceston Store.
The airport is open from 5:00AM - 10:30PM.
Car rentals offices are available in the arrivals hall, beside the baggage carousels. Companies include: Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Thrifty • Redspot.
Shuttle Bus: The Airporter Launceston City Hotels Shuttle connects the airport with Launceston hotels and accommodation. Flat rates are charged, and group rates are available.
Taxis can be picked up outside the Arrivals hall.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.