New Plymouth Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our New Plymouth Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at New Plymouth Airport.
What to Expect
- The current terminal may be under renovations that were due to start in 2015. The airport connects to a few regional destinations.
Where to Sleep
- The airport opens 45 minutes before the first scheduled flight, and closes 30 minutes after the final flight, so sleeping here overnight is not possible.
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our New Plymouth Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Air New Zealand Koru Club - Location: Landside. Lounge Access: Air New Zealand Koru Club Membership.
Information not available
If sleeping in New Plymouth Airport does not appeal to you, the nearest hotels are in New Plymouth and Waitara:
- Masonic Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Located in nearby Waitara. No airport shuttle.
- Quality Hotel Plymouth International - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Fitzroy Beach Motel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Lockwood Manor Motel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near New Plymouth Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - There is 1 cafe available, hours and location are not known.
The airport opens 45 minutes before the first scheduled flight, and closes 30 minutes after the final flight. Closing the airport means that they will lock the barrier arm, meaning vehicles cannot enter or exit when the airport is closed.
Car rentals are available. Additional details are unknown.
Scott’s Airport Shuttle is New Plymouth’s only dedicated airport shuttle. Shuttles can be booked online or over the phone in advance.
At the time of this update we were able to find only one hotel that offers an airport shuttle: King and Queen Hotel Suites.
Taxis are available. Additional details are unknown.
Last Updated: 14 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.