Port Moresby Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Port Moresby Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of nearby airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
"Beware of people offering taxi rides outside of the airport. You just might get robbed and mugged!" - (Mom)
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Port Moresby Airport.
What to Expect
- Port Moresby has two terminals: one for domestic flights, and the other for international flights. The terminals are connected by a covered walkway.
- Reviews suggest that the International terminal is in better condition, with cleaner facilities and less insects.
- There have been accusations of scams at this airport. Be wary of giving anyone your bags, or of accepting unsolicited offers of transport.
- Up-to-date information about this airport is limited. If you have visited this airport recently, please leave a review.
Where to Sleep
- Unfortunately, we do not have any current reviews from travellers who slept in this airport recently.
- There are no on-site hotels, but there are nearby hotels that provide an airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Port Moresby Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal
- First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal
Free WiFi is available in both Domestic and International terminals. In order to connect, you must present your boarding pass and photo ID or passport to the NAC Information Desk inside the departures lounge, in order to get your username and password.
If sleeping in Port Moresby Airport does not appeal to you (and we REALLY wouldn't blame you), there are hotels near the airport:
- Gateway Hotel & Apartments - (5 min walk from the airport) 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Airways Hotel - (10 min walk from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request, airport pick costs Rs 200 (call 9804827770 to arrange) and drop offs are free.
- Ponderosa Family Hotel - (5 min from the airport) 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Holiday Inn Port Moresby - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Port Moresby Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Banking Services - Yes, there is a bank located in the International Terminal.
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in the International Terminal.
- Food & Drink - Restaurant and Snack Bar are available at the airport
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Airways Hotel • Gateway Hotel & Apartments • Holiday Inn Port Moresby • Ponderosa Family Hotel • The Shady Rest Hotel.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.