Bismarck Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bismarck Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Since the airport was closed, there were no taxis or anything else nearby. I did not see any security either - everything was just locked up! - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on Bismarck Airport.
What to Expect
- Bismarck Airport is small with two floors, one passenger terminal and eight gates.
- It is not open 24 hours. See Hours in the airport guide below.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- The two food concessions are located on the first floor of the main terminal between ticketing and the baggage claim, and on the second floor inside the boarding area of the main terminal.
Where To Sleep
- Overnight stays are generally not permitted in this airport, so don’t plan to spend the night here.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bismarck Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at this time.
Free WiFi is available throughout Bismarck Airport. Travellers without mobile devices can access free wifi from the Business Kiosks located in the boarding area.
If sleeping in Bismarck Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Expressway Inn of Bismarck - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service.
- Expressway Suites Bismarck - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service.
- Ramkota Hotel - (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs from 5:00AM to Midnight.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck South - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bismarck Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are two ATMs: one near the baggage claim (landside) and the other on the 2nd floor near the gates (airside)
- Baggage Carts - Available for use, free of charge.
- Business Kiosks - Coin operated video and pin ball games.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Coffee, drinks, snacks, and sandwiches are available for sale at the Corner Café. Location: 1st Floor, between Ticketing and Baggage Claim. • Fly ‘N Buy Café and Gift Shop sells coffee, sandwiches, snacks, and gifts on the 2nd floor, airside. Vending machines are available throughout the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- North Dakota Aviation Hall of Fame - Location: Main Terminal, landside, to the left of the Ticketing area.
- Shopping - Fly ‘N Buy Café and Gift Shop offers a few last minute gifts and reading materials on the 2nd floor, airside.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 3:30AM - 12:30AM (or 30 minutes after the last flight).
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Enterprise and Hertz.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Ramkota Hotel • Comfort Inn • Expressway Inn of Bismarck • Expressway Suites • MainStay Suites Bismarck • Radisson Hotel Bismarck • Ramada Bismarck Hotel
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.