Boston Logan Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Boston Logan Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the lights glared all night, and they kept up with the security announcements despite the fact that nobody but me and the cleaners was in the airport. -a traveller
June 2015 - Boston is much better. They said everyone got much nicer after the boston marathon bombings. Security is tight all over Boston and backpacks must be stored at various storage places, mine was the local liquor store (10dollars) across the street from the arena. International is the best for sleeping but all the terminals are pretty good for finding spots. Free wifi. There's lots of food at the different terminals. You get a free subway ride out of the airport. It stops at South Station/Amtrak/Greyhound/chinatown buses next to Chinatown (there's a bus stop at the airport also). There's a cheap Chinese supermarket three blocks away, go down Tufts St. Or you can continue to ride the red line which goes overground across the river to Cambridge and you can see the boats. The Commons/central park has free sunblock all over. North End/now Italian is where all the historical stuff is. The green line is the worst, very hot and ancient. As others have said, this city is supposed to have MIT and Harvard here but you wouldn't know it. I want to give a shout out to the Hilton at the airport who was very understanding and gave me a needle and thread for an emergency uso is landside The problem with Boston is airside: Get your nap in airside. They make everyone exit at night to landside and the Delta employee was on a serious power trip about it. I was charging my phone and I could stay another two hours airside and she was livid. Screaming bloody murder. She even lied and said there were outlets all over the place landside and of course there wasn't and it was packed because of all the travelers connecting made to go landside.
Have you been to Boston Logan Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Boston airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Terminal B, Airside, Upper Level, near Gate B30. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Terminal B, Airside, Upper Level, near Gate B4. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Airside, Satellite Between Starbucks and Gate 18. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- United Club - Location: Terminal B, Airside, Level 3, near Gate 24. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • United Club Membership.
Other airline lounges that you can access if you are willing to pay:
- Air France Graf Lounge - Location: Terminal E, Airside, Gate 4. Hours: 130pm - 930pm. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities include: computers, snacks and TV lounge. Location: Terminal C, located on the lower level near the United baggage claim. Hours: unknown
Free WiFi is available at Boston Logan airport. Connect to the "loganwifi" network.
If sleeping in Boston Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport as well as many that can be accessed by free airport shuttle:
- Hilton Boston Logan Airport - Connected to Terminals A and E via climate-controlled sky bridge. The hotel also has a free shuttle that goes to all airport terminals, Boston water taxis, the subway, downtown Boston, and car rental agencies. For airport pick-up, call 617-568-6700 from the airport terminal and wait in the courtesy bus area.
- Hyatt Boston Harbor - (4 min from the airport) Free shuttle to all airport terminals and the subway (blue line). For airport pick-up, call 617-568-1234 from the airport terminal and wait in the courtesy bus area.
- Embassy Suites Boston at Logan Airport - (7 min from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle to the airport and the subway (blue line).
- Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport - (7 min from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle to the airport and the subway (blue line).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Logan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Art Exhibits: Location: throughout the terminals. Stop by the Information booths for current exhibits and locations.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, ATMs are located throughout the terminals.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby changing facilities are located throughout the airport. You can also spot rocking chairs around the airport.
- Children's Play Areas: There are two Kidports located airside: Terminal A, near Gate 16 • Terminal B, near Gate 29 • Terminal C, near Gate 25.
- Cots - In the event of bad weather or massive flight cancellations, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. If you are stranded during a weather delay, contact an airport employee to find out when the cots are located. Unfortunately, the cots are not available for travellers who simply decide to spend the night in the airport. Due to the amount of wacky email I receive about this, I'll also let you know that cots cannot be "reserved" and I don't know where they are kept.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has exchange counters available in all 3 Terminals.
- Food & Drinks -
»Landside: Au Bon Pain, Dunkin' Donuts (Terminal A - open 24 hours), Legal C Bar, Burger King,
»Airside: Au Bon Pain, Game On!, Legal Test Kitchen, Lucky's, Fuddrucker's, Fresh City, Starbucks,Wendy's, Sbarro, Wolfgang Puck Gourmet Express and many more.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Storage is not available inside the airport. However, a reader tells us there is a luggage storage service called Package Express located in the South Station. Take the Silver Line Rapid Transit from Logan to South Station. See Transportation section below.
- Mobile Charging Stations - Many of the seating areas have charging stations.
- Rest Zones - The airport offers areas with rocking chairs for relaxation in between flights.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
This is a nonstop bus service to and from Logan. It has full-service bus terminals, with direct service to all of Boston Logan's terminals (lower level). Travel time is about 30-45 minutes, but allow extra time during rush hour/peak travel periods.
Known as the “T,” the MBTA Public transportation system is a very economical option for travel outside the airport. This transportation option has two lines that travel to and from the airport: the Blue Line Subway and the Silver Line Bus Rapid Transit. Also available is a commuter boat.
The Silver Line will likely be the best and most convenient option as it stops in front of each terminal and offers free transport to the South Station. From South Station you can travel to Cambridge, Downtown Boston, Harvard and more. It is also accessible for the disabled.
The Blue Line Subway will be the best option for visits to Back Bay, Boston College, Fenway Park and others with its easy connection to the Orange Line at the State Street Station. For service to the airport, take the Blue Line to the Airport Station, then board a free shuttle to your terminal. For service from the airport, meet the free shuttle from your terminal, take it to the Airport Station and then connect to the Blue Line. The free Massport Shuttle stops at each terminal regularly.
The MBTA Commuter Boat is a unique third public transportation option. Connect to it using the Massport Route 66 shuttle bus. This is available regularly scheduled year-round and on-call basis providing connections to downtown Boston, Inner Harbor and more.
For more information on MBTA transportation options, stop locations, instructions, directions, schedules, and fares, visit the Massport web site.
Taxis are available at the arrival area from each of the airport terminals.
The following car rental companies are available at Logan Airport: Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National• Thrifty and more. Location: Rental Car Center. Take Shuttle Buses # 22, 33 and 55.
Last Updated: 29 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.