Boston Logan Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Boston Logan Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the lights glared all night, and they kept up with the security announcements despite the fact that nobody but me and the cleaners was in the airport. -a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Boston Logan International Airport.
What to Expect
- Boston Logan Airport is made up of four terminals (A, B, C and E), connected by walkways and free on-airport shuttle service.
- The airport is large and busy with a wide variety of shops, restaurants and services.
- One reviewer cites improved overall efficiency and shortened TSA wait times due to recent renovations.
- Layovers or cancellations are largely due to inclimate weather, especially during winter.
- An airport easily accessible by mass transit, ideal for those who want to explore the city during a long layover. See Airport Transportation below.
- Many reviewers report difficulty in finding available power outlets or charging areas landside.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- Boston Logan is open 24 hours a day, but travellers are not allowed to wait or sleep airside after security checkpoints have closed for the night. Passengers already airside are required to go landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security to re-enter. This is strictly enforced!
- Many reviewers describe cold and carpetless floors, bright lights, constant noise and a shortage of seating in the landside area of the airport. Almost all of the seats have armrests anyway, so the floor is your “best” bet.
- During major flight cancellations, the airport provides cots for stranded travellers. See Cots below.
- There is a hotel connected to Terminals A and E and many nearby hotels that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels below for suggestions.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates. Please note: Lounges at Boston Logan are not accessible for overnight use due to security checkpoint closures at night.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Boston Logan Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Boston airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Terminal A, Airside, Satellite Between Starbucks and Gate 18. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$59.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- American Airlines Admirals Club - Location: Terminal B, Airside, Upper Level, near Gate B30. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 59.00) • Admirals Club Membership.
- American Airlines Admirals Club - Location: Terminal B, Airside, Upper Level, near Gate B4. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 59.00) • Admirals Club Membership.
- United Club - Location: Terminal B, Airside, Level 3, near Gate 24. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 59.00) • United Club Membership.
- The Lounge - Location: Terminal C, Airside, near Gate C19. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 40) • Buy a day pass online (US$ 39.00)
- Air France Graf Lounge - Location: Terminal E, Airside, Gate 4. Hours: 1:00PM - 11:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (US$ 35.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- The Club - Location: Terminal E, Airside. Hours: 5:30AM - 1:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (US$ 27.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities include: computers, snacks and TV lounge. Location: Terminal C, lower level near the American Airlines Credit Union and towards the hallway to Terminal E. Hours: 9:00AM - 9:00PM (Daily)
Free WiFi is available at Boston Logan airport. Connect to the "Boingo Hotspot" network.
If sleeping in Boston Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport as well as many that can be accessed by free airport shuttle:
- Hilton Boston Logan Airport - Connected to Terminals A and E via climate-controlled sky bridge. The hotel also has a free shuttle that goes to all airport terminals, Boston water taxis, the subway, downtown Boston, and car rental agencies. For airport pick-up, call 617-568-6700 from the airport terminal and wait in the courtesy bus area.
- Hyatt Boston Harbor - (4 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle to all airport terminals and the subway (blue line). For airport pick-up, call 617-568-1234 from the airport terminal and wait in the courtesy bus area.
- Embassy Suites Boston at Logan Airport - (7 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour shuttle to the airport and the subway (blue line).
- Courtyard Boston Logan Airport - (7 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour shuttle to the airport and the subway (blue line). Use the courtesy phone in the airport to arrange pick-up.
- Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport - (8 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour shuttle to the airport departs every 15 - 30 minutes. Pick-up at all terminals, the local T-Stop and the Car Rental Terminal. You can also call the hotel when you have your luggage and they will send a shuttle. Day rooms are available, based on availability.
- Comfort Inn & Suites - (9 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle, free breakfast & internet. Day rooms are available from 7:00AM - 5:00PM (depending on availability).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Logan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art Exhibits - Permanent and rotating art exhibits are on display throughout the airport. Visit a Public Services Information Booth for a list of artwork locations.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, ATMs are located throughout the terminals.
- Baby Care Facilities - Changing tables, power outlets, and fold-down chairs are available in the Mamava Nursing Suites and in Family Restrooms located throughout the airport, and changing tables are found in all men’s and women’s restrooms. If you need to soothe a fussy baby, have a seat in one of the rocking chairs located throughout the terminal.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Our Lady of the Airways Chapel. Location: Terminal C, landside, Arrivals Level, past Baggage Claim 8.
- Children's Play Areas - There are three Kidports located airside: Terminal A, near Gate 18 • Terminal B, near Gate 29 • Terminal C, near Gate 25.
- Cots - In the event of bad weather or massive flight cancellations, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. If you are stranded during a weather delay, contact an airport employee to find out when the cots are located. Unfortunately, the cots are not available for travellers who simply decide to spend the night in the airport. Due to the amount of wacky email we receive about this, we'll also let you know that cots cannot be "reserved" and we don't know where they are kept. Please speak to a gate agent or an airport employee.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has exchange counters available in all 3 Terminals.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a wide variety of retail shops and newsstands.
- Food & Drinks -
- Landside: Au Bon Pain, Dunkin' Donuts (Terminal A - open 24 hours), Legal C Bar, Burger King,
- Airside: Au Bon Pain, Game On!, Legal Test Kitchen, Lucky's, Fuddrucker's, Fresh City, Starbucks,Wendy's, Sbarro, Wolfgang Puck Gourmet Express and many more.
- Information Desk - Public Services Information Booth are located near Baggage Claim, on the Arrivals Level of every terminal.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Storage is not available inside the airport. However, a reader tells us there is a luggage storage service called Package Express located in the South Station. Take the Silver Line Rapid Transit from Logan to South Station. See Transportation section below.
- Mobile Charging Stations - Many of the seating areas have charging stations.
- Pet Relief Area - Available in a designated area on the Arrivals level curb of every terminal.
- Rest Zones - The airport offers areas with rocking chairs for relaxation in between flights.
- Shoe Shine - Yes, available in all terminals.
- Showers - not available
- Spa & Salon Services - Classique Salon offers unisex hair and nail services to travelers of all ages. Location: Terminal C. Hours: unknown. Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and more are available at Be Relax, located in all three terminals. Hours: unknown.
- Water Bottle Filling Stations - Located landside and airside, you can refill your reusable water bottle after passing through the security checkpoints.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
This is a nonstop bus service to and from Logan. It has full-service bus terminals, with direct service to all of Boston Logan's terminals (lower level). Travel time is about 30-45 minutes, but allow extra time during rush hour/peak travel periods.
Boston has two Amtrak Stations: North and South.
For transportation to the South Station, use the Silver Line Bus - SL1 towards South Station. You should be able to connect with the bus outside of any terminal. Transportation on the Silver Line to South Station is free and will take less than 20 minutes. The Amtrak station is located at South Station.
For transportation to the North Station, use the Boston airport terminal shuttle for transportation to the Airport Subway Station. Use the Blue Line towards Bowdoin and exit at State Street. Transfer to the Orange Line towards Oak Grove and exit at North Station. The North Amtrak Station is located at North Station. Total travel time is about 30 minutes.
You can access either the North and South Stations via taxi. Travel time via taxi to either station will be about 10-20 minutes depending on traffic.
The following car rental companies are available at Logan Airport: Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Thrifty and more. Location: Rental Car Center. Take Shuttle Buses # 22, 33 and 55.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport • Courtyard Boston Logan Airport • DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside • Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Logan Airport • Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport • Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center • Hilton Boston Logan Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport • Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor • La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville • Wyndham Boston Chelsea.
Known as the “T,” the MBTA Public transportation system is a very economical option for travel outside the airport. This transportation option has two lines that travel to and from the airport: the Blue Line Subway and the Silver Line Bus Rapid Transit. Also available is a commuter boat.
The Silver Line will likely be the best and most convenient option as it stops in front of each terminal and offers free transport to the South Station. From South Station you can travel to Cambridge, Downtown Boston, Harvard and more. It is also accessible for the disabled.
The Blue Line Subway will be the best option for visits to Back Bay, Boston College, Fenway Park and others with its easy connection to the Orange Line at the State Street Station. For service to the airport, take the Blue Line to the Airport Station, then board a free shuttle to your terminal. For service from the airport, meet the free shuttle from your terminal, take it to the Airport Station and then connect to the Blue Line. The free Massport Shuttle stops at each terminal regularly.
The MBTA Commuter Boat is a unique third public transportation option. Connect to it using the Massport Route 66 shuttle bus. This is available regularly scheduled year-round and on-call basis providing connections to downtown Boston, Inner Harbor and more.
For more information on MBTA transportation options, stop locations, instructions, directions, schedules, and fares, visit the Massport web site.
Taxis are available at the arrival area from each of the airport terminals.
Last Updated: 15 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.