Boston Logan Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Boston Logan Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the lights glared all night, and they kept up with the security announcements despite the fact that nobody but me and the cleaners was in the airport. -a traveller
I read an earlier review that said to go down by terminal B 28 where the rocking chairs are and I should have listened. However it was Sunday night and I wanted to watch football and there are no tv's down there. I ended up trying to stay by B 30 but one of the staff managers didn't care for my 'hotel check in isn't until morning' excuse and he made me go out to the public area by the luggage pickup. There is at least tv's there but they are probably 50 feet from the chairs, and you have to look real hard to find a power outlet. I sat near the atm machine and was able to snake my charger behind the machine. However, this puts you right where people keep using the atm. Also, the luggage conveyors are loud and keep being used throughout the night. Next time I'll just hide at that B28 dead end and watch Netflix... Lesson learned.
Have you been to Boston Logan Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Boston airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Terminal B, Airside, Upper Level, near Gate B30. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Terminal B, Airside, Upper Level, near Gate B4. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Airside, Satellite Between Starbucks and Gate 18. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- United Club - Location: Terminal B, Airside, Level 3, near Gate 24. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • United Club Membership.
Other airline lounges that you can access if you are willing to pay:
- Air France Graf Lounge - Location: Terminal E, Airside, Gate 4. Hours: 130pm - 930pm. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities include: computers, snacks and TV lounge. Location: Terminal C, located on the lower level near the United baggage claim. Hours: unknown
Free WiFi is available at Boston Logan airport. Connect to the "loganwifi" network.
If sleeping in Boston Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport as well as many that can be accessed by free airport shuttle:
- Hilton Boston Logan Airport - Connected to Terminals A and E via climate-controlled sky bridge. The hotel also has a free shuttle that goes to all airport terminals, Boston water taxis, the subway, downtown Boston, and car rental agencies. For airport pick-up, call 617-568-6700 from the airport terminal and wait in the courtesy bus area.
- Hyatt Boston Harbor - (4 min from the airport) Free shuttle to all airport terminals and the subway (blue line). For airport pick-up, call 617-568-1234 from the airport terminal and wait in the courtesy bus area.
- Embassy Suites Boston at Logan Airport - (7 min from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle to the airport and the subway (blue line).
- Courtyard by Marriott Boston Logan Airport - (7 min from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle to the airport and the subway (blue line).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Logan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Art Exhibits: Location: throughout the terminals. Stop by the Information booths for current exhibits and locations.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, ATMs are located throughout the terminals.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby changing facilities are located throughout the airport. You can also spot rocking chairs around the airport.
- Children's Play Areas: There are two Kidports located airside: Terminal A, near Gate 16 • Terminal B, near Gate 29 • Terminal C, near Gate 25.
- Cots - In the event of bad weather or massive flight cancellations, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. If you are stranded during a weather delay, contact an airport employee to find out when the cots are located. Unfortunately, the cots are not available for travellers who simply decide to spend the night in the airport. Due to the amount of wacky email I receive about this, I'll also let you know that cots cannot be "reserved" and I don't know where they are kept.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has exchange counters available in all 3 Terminals.
- Food & Drinks -
»Landside: Au Bon Pain, Dunkin' Donuts (Terminal A - open 24 hours), Legal C Bar, Burger King,
»Airside: Au Bon Pain, Game On!, Legal Test Kitchen, Lucky's, Fuddrucker's, Fresh City, Starbucks,Wendy's, Sbarro, Wolfgang Puck Gourmet Express and many more.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Storage is not available inside the airport. However, a reader tells us there is a luggage storage service called Package Express located in the South Station. Take the Silver Line Rapid Transit from Logan to South Station. See Transportation section below.
- Mobile Charging Stations - Many of the seating areas have charging stations.
- Rest Zones - The airport offers areas with rocking chairs for relaxation in between flights.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
This is a nonstop bus service to and from Logan. It has full-service bus terminals, with direct service to all of Boston Logan's terminals (lower level). Travel time is about 30-45 minutes, but allow extra time during rush hour/peak travel periods
The MBTA offers Blue Line Subway services and Silver Line Bus Rapid Transit service to and from Downtown Boston. The MBTA is the most economical way to get Logan.
Silver Line to and from the Airport - The Silver Line Rapid Transit is free from Logan Airport inbound to South Station (including a free transfer to the Red Line). Use the Silver Line Route SL1 (Logan Airport - South Station via Waterfront) bus rapid transit service as your best direct connection to and from the Red Line at South Station. This is your best option for transportation to: Cambridge, Downtown Boston, Harvard University, Massachusetts General Hospital and MIT.
For service to Logan Airport using the Silver Line SL1, take the MBTA Red Line or Commuter Rail to South Station and transfer to the Silver Line Route SL1. The Silver Line SL1 runs from about 5.30am-12.30am daily.
Blue Line to and from the Airport - The Blue Line Subway is your best connection to the Orange Line at State Street Station. This route is the best option for transportation to: Back Bay, Boston College, Boston University, Downtown Boston and Northeastern University.
For service to the airport using the Blue Line, take the MBTA Blue Line to the Airport Station and board free Massport Shuttle buses for all airline terminals. For service from Logan Airport using the Blue Line, board free Massport shuttle buses (Nos. 22, 33, or 55 to "MBTA Blue Line") outside your terminal. The Blue Line runs from about 6:00am-12:30am daily.
MBTA Commuter Boat to and from the Airport
The MBTA ferrys connects Logan Airport to the commuter boat terminal located at Fore River Shipyard, 703 Washington Street in Quincy, or from Pemberton Point in Hull. Upon arrival at the Logan dock, take the free Massport Route 66 Shuttle Bus, which services all terminals.
You can buy a one-way CharlieTicket for $2.50, a one-day LinkPass for $11, and a one-week LinkPass for $18 using cash/credit/debit cards at machines located inside or outside all terminals for customers using the Silver Line SL1 as well as inside the Airport Station lobby for customers desiring Blue Line service.
Massport provides a free shuttle bus service between terminals and the airport station on the MBTA Blueline. Buses run every 5-6 minutes. Look for the blue-and-white shuttle buses at curbside on the lower level of each terminal.
Getting to and from Logan Airport by water shuttle/taxi is convenient. Year-round scheduled and on-call vessels serving the Logan dock provide direct connections to downtown Boston and other popular waterfront destinations in Boston Inner Harbor and Quincy and Hull on the South Shore. Massport Route 66 Shuttle Bus provides free shuttle service to/from Logan Dock and all airport terminals.
Taxis are available outside the airport terminals.
Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National• Thrifty and more. Location: Rental Car Center. Take Shuttle Buses # 22, 33 and 55.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Boston Logan Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 29 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.