About This Airport:
Dallas-Fort Worth Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dallas-Fort Worth Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
"Dallas is very accommodating to airport sleepers. Ask any of the workers for a cot/blanket/pillow and they will provide you with them." - kdahl
photo credit: Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
[ submit a photo ]
"I slept here during a crappy overnight layover on my way back to Boston from Costa Rica. Similar to what another reviewer said, the couches/play area has been moved to around B11. The play area has brightly colored couches and nearby is a single leather couch and a few larger padded chairs. The chairs didn't recline and the couch was already taken, so I was forced to look elsewhere.
I exited security (at roughly the D27) exit and found several roomy, semi-circular black leather couches outside of the AA ticketing counters. There was a TV on all night, and sporadic cleaning and announcements, but with earplugs it wasn't too bad at all. No one bothered me, the temperature was fine, and when I got up at 5:20 there wasn't even anyone on the nearby couches/chairs. There was at least one outlet nearby.
Another reviewer was correct that the best restaurants are around the D gates, although there seemed to be good options throughout the terminals.
All in all, not a bad experience (well, for sleeping in an airport)."
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- The Club at DFW - available to all passengers, no matter which airline you are flying. Location: Terminal D - airside, between Gate 21 and Gate 22. Showers are available. Hours: 730am - 730pm (except Tues & Thurs) • 8am - 6pm (Tues & Thurs). Lounge Access: door rates - US$ 35 per person
If you have a boarding pass with the following airlines, you can pay US$40-50 for a day pass to access these lounges:
- American Airlines Admiral's Club Lounge - Location: Terminal A - across from Gate A24.
- American Airlines Admiral's Club Lounge - Location: Terminal B - between Gates B5 and B6.
- American Airlines Admiral's Club Lounge - Location: Terminal C - between Gates C19 and C20.
- American Airlines Admiral's Club Lounge - Location: Terminal D - 5th level, between Gates D23 and D24.
- Delta Airlines Sky Club Lounge - Location: Terminal E, near Gate E10
- United Club - Location: Terminal E, airside, between Gates E6 and E7. Hours: varies
- Korean Air Lounge - Location: Terminal D, near Gate D21
- Lufthansa Lounge - Location: Terminal D, near Gate D21
- Qantas Business Lounge - Location: Terminal D, near Gate D21
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, Video Games, TV Lounge, Toilettries, Snacks, Sleeping Area, Computers and a Child Care Area. Location: Terminal B, Gate 15 (airside). Hours: 8am - 1030pm. There is a smaller USO lounge located in Terminal D, near Gate 22 (airside). Hours: 8am - 5pm.
- Free WiFi will be available throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport terminals starting in September 2012. Until then, you will need to pay.
- Free Wired Internet is available. Locations: A12 • A20 • A28 • B10 • B29 • B35 • C6 • C20 • C27 • C35 • D21 • D23 • D30 • D40 • E10 • E14 • E36
If sleeping in the Dallas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels at the airport....
- Grand Hyatt DFW - located inside the airport in Terminal D. Day rooms are offered from 9am-5pm (subject to availability).
- Hyatt Regency DFW - located adjacent to Terminal C. (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
To find the cheapest room, there is list of hotels near DFW Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Car Rentals - Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • EZ Rent a Car • Hertz • National • Thrifty. Location: Rental Car Center, near the entrance to the airport grounds. Shuttle Pick-up: Follow the Rental Car signs to the designated pick-up area on the lower level of the terminal.
- Charging Stations: Locations: throughout the terminals (see wired internet locations above)
- Chapel: Locations: Landside A22 • Airside B28 • Landside C15 • Airside D21 • Airside E4
- Children's Play Area: Locations: D10 • E21
- Cots - In the event of bad weather or delays, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. At the moment, we are not sure where you can find them or how you can get your hands on one, but they do exist. If you have any information or photos, please email me.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has offices in these locations: D11 • D22 (Outside Security) • D24 • D36 • Intl Re-Check
- Food / Dining - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food concessions available at the airport. There are some vending machines.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Massages: Locations: A24 • B24 • D20
- Massage Chairs: Locations: A15 • A20 • A29 • B20 • B24 • B37 • C6 • C11 • C15 • C17 • C20 • C24 • C27 • D22 • E14 • E32
- Showers - There are showers in the Club at DFW [ see Airport Lounges above ]
open 24 hours
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page or email me and I will try to help (I can't make any promises though).
Last Updated: 02 July 2012 | Sources: Dallas Fort Worth International Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.