Dallas-Fort Worth Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dallas-Fort Worth Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
"Dallas is very accommodating to airport sleepers. Ask any of the workers for a cot/blanket/pillow and they will provide you with them." - kdahl
"I slept here during a crappy overnight layover on my way back to Boston from Costa Rica. Similar to what another reviewer said, the couches/play area has been moved to around B11. The play area has brightly colored couches and nearby is a single leather couch and a few larger padded chairs. The chairs didn't recline and the couch was already taken, so I was forced to look elsewhere.
I exited security (at roughly the D27) exit and found several roomy, semi-circular black leather couches outside of the AA ticketing counters. There was a TV on all night, and sporadic cleaning and announcements, but with earplugs it wasn't too bad at all. No one bothered me, the temperature was fine, and when I got up at 5:20 there wasn't even anyone on the nearby couches/chairs. There was at least one outlet nearby.
Another reviewer was correct that the best restaurants are around the D gates, although there seemed to be good options throughout the terminals.
All in all, not a bad experience (well, for sleeping in an airport)."
Have you been to Dallas-Fort Worth Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Dallas-Fort Worth airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- The Club at DFW - available to all passengers, no matter which airline you are flying. Location: Terminal D - airside, between Gate 21 and Gate 22. Showers are available. Hours: 730am - 730pm (except Tues & Thurs) • 8am - 6pm (Tues & Thurs). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35.00) • Book Online (£25.00) • Priority Pass.
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Terminal A - across from Gate A24. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Terminal B - between Gates B5 and B6. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Terminal C - between Gates C19 and C20. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Terminal D - 5th level, between Gates D23 and D24. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- Centurion Lounge - Location: Terminal D, Airside, Mezzanine Level, opposite Gate D17. Hours: 5:30AM - 10:00PM. Lounge Access: Lounge Access: American Express® Card Members can purchase a one day pass. Access is complimentary for Platinum and Centurion cardholders.
- Delta Airlines Sky Club - Location: Terminal E, near Gate E10. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- United Club - Location: Terminal E, airside, between Gates E6 and E7. Hours: varies. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • United Club Membership.
- Korean Air Lounge - Location: Terminal D, near Gate D21
- Lufthansa Lounge - Location: Terminal D, near Gate D21
- Qantas Business Lounge - Location: Terminal D, near Gate D21
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, Video Games, TV Lounge, Toilettries, Snacks, Sleeping Area, Computers and a Child Care Area. Location: Terminal B, Gate 15 (airside). Hours: 8am - 1030pm. There is a smaller USO lounge located in Terminal D, near Gate 22 (airside). Hours: 8am - 5pm.
- Free WiFi is available at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport.
- Free Wired Internet is available. Locations: A12 • A20 • A28 • B10 • B29 • B35 • C6 • C20 • C27 • C35 • D21 • D23 • D30 • D40 • E10 • E14 • E36
If sleeping in Dallas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels at the airport....
- Grand Hyatt DFW - located inside the airport in Terminal D. Day rooms are offered from 9am-5pm (subject to availability).
- Hyatt Regency DFW - located adjacent to Terminal C. (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
Minute Suites - located inside the airport at Terminal D, Gate D23. There are 10 private suites that come equipped with a day bed sofa, tv and high speed internet. Rates: US$ 34 for the first hour and then $8.50 for each 15 minute increment (first two hours) and $6 for each 15 minute increment (after two hours). The overnight rate is $125. The shower is $15.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near DFW Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Luggage Trolleys - Located throughout the terminal. Rate: unknown.
- Car Rentals - Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • EZ Rent a Car • Hertz • National • Thrifty. Location: Rental Car Center, near the entrance to the airport grounds. Shuttle Pick-up: Follow the Rental Car signs to the designated pick-up area on the lower level of the terminal.
- Chapel - Locations: Landside A22 • Airside B28 • Landside C15 • Airside D21 • Airside E4
- Children's Play Area: Locations: D10
- Cots - In the event of bad weather or delays, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. Laila tells us 'They are available before 12:30 am. Dial 43112 from any courtesy phone (there is one across from E7). Tell them your location and airport personnel will bring you a cot."
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has offices in these locations: D11 • D22 (Outside Security) • D24 • D36 • Intl Re-Check
- Food & Drinks - A travellers tells us that there is a 24-hour Qdoba. There are some vending machines.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massages - Locations: A24 • B24 • D20
- Massage Chairs - Locations: A15 • A20 • A29 • B20 • B24 • B37 • C6 • C11 • C15 • C17 • C20 • C24 • C27 • D22 • E14 • E32
- Mobile Charging Stations - Locations: throughout the terminals (see WiFi above)
- Showers - There are showers in the Club at DFW [ see Airport Lounges above ] and Minute Suites [ see Airport Hotels above ]
- Walking Path - The DFW Airport walking path measures seven-tenths of a mile and is aligned with the DFW Art Program floor medallions in International Terminal D. If you are looking for an additional challenge you can add in the two additional 55-foot high staircases that lead up to the Skylink stations. Location: D6 - D40
- Yoga Studio - A perfect location to stretch in between flights. The studio has yoga mats that you can use. Location: D40 (between Terminals B and D)
open 24 hours
@AirportSleeper yeah. Found a really solid lounge with a TV, leather chairs & outlets near B13 at DFW. Worked out pretty well so far.— Adam Hill (@AdamHillLVRJ) April 9, 2014
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 28 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.