Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Dallas-Fort Worth Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
DFW Airport no longer provides cots. The airport has switched to eco-friendly biodegradable blankets and pillows, which can be provided to travelers after 10PM. – an airport employee (May 2019)
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport.
What to Expect
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport is made up of five terminals (A – E) linked by a SkyLink train. Terminals A – D are are also inked by walkways, while Terminal E is a satellite and can only be reached from the other terminals by Skylink. All five terminals contain plenty of airside dining, shopping and services options, with Terminal D (international) offering the largest selection. Exploring airside terminals is not a problem, but accessing airside late at night may not be possible if security check-points are closed. The airport offers free WiFi and contains plenty of charging stations. Economy class passengers can find comfort in one of many airport lounges with the purchase of a lounge pass or membership. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
The airport is reportedly sleep friendly, with accommodating staff and security, and plenty of couches and chairs throughout. Among sites noted as good sleeping areas by reviewers were lounge areas in Terminals B, D and E, rest zones in Terminal C, and the Yoga area in Terminal E. Noise and cold temperatures were cited by many reviewers, so consider earplugs and a sweater or travel blanket. In the event of weather-related or otherwise large-scale flight cancellations, the airport provides eco-friendly biodegradable blankets and pillows. Explore our guide to sleeping in Dallas-Fort Worth Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips.
Those seeking uninterrupted sleep can choose from several on-site hotels, as well as numerous other hotels within easy shuttle distance. There are also private suites with daybeds in Terminals A and D, with the Terminal D location offering showers. See Airport Hotels below for more info.
Good to Know
There are yoga studios in Terminals D and E. Rail service to downtown Dallas (DART) can be accessed landside on the lower level of Terminal A.
Have you already been to this airport? Write a review and share photos from your own experience.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Dallas-Fort Worth Airport Guide.
Coronavirus update: You can read the airport’s COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update here.
Coronavirus update: You can read the airport’s COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update here.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
American Airlines Admirals Club – Multiple Locations – (1) Terminal A, (1) Terminal B, (1) Terminal C and (1) Terminal D. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door with proof of American Airlines ticket • Lounge membership program.
Centurion Lounge – Location: Terminal D, Airside, Mezzanine Level, opposite Gate D17. Lounge Access: American Express® Card Members.
Passes The Club at DFW – This lounge is available to all travellers no matter what class of service or airline. Showers are available. Location: Terminal D – airside, between Gate 21 and Gate 22. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
United Club – Location: Terminal E, airside, between Gates E6 and E7. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door with proof of United Airlines ticket • United Club Membership.
Airline Lounges (members only)
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
British Airways Lounge (Location: Terminal D, near Gate D36) • Delta Sky Club (Location: Terminal E, near Gate E10) • Korean Air Lounge (Location: Terminal D, near Gate D21) • Lufthansa Lounge (Location: Terminal D, near Gate D21) • Qantas Business Lounge (Location: Terminal D, near Gate D36).
USO Lounge – The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to active members of the US military and their families. Location: Terminal B, Airside, Gate 47.
Related Pages: Dallas Fort-Worth Airport Lounges
If sleeping in Dallas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels at the airport:
Inside Airport Minute Suites – Private suites that come equipped with a daybed sofa, sound-masking system, DirectTV, and high speed internet. Rates are expensive: US$ 42 (1 hour) and US$ 10.50 each additional 15 minutes until 2 hours • US$ 84 (2 hours) and US$ 8.00 each additional 15 minutes thereafter • US$ 155 (Overnight). The Terminal D location has two showers ($20.00 per 30 minutes (with suite rental) or $30.00 per 30 minutes (without suite rental) includes all amenities required). When the suites are full, they also rent air mattresses for US$ 40 with no time limit. Pillows and blankets are provided when available. Locations:
» Terminal D, Airside, Gate D23
» Terminal A, Airside, Gate A38.
At Airport Grand Hyatt DFW – Located inside the airport in Terminal D. Free access via SkyLink and Terminal Link from all terminals. Day rooms are offered from 9:00AM – 5:00PM (subject to availability). » Check Rates
At Airport Hyatt Regency DFW – Located adjacent to Terminal C. Free 24-hour shuttle service to all DFW terminals. For airport pick-up, use the courtesy phone in baggage claim.
Near Airport Hyatt Place DFW – Free airport shuttle available. Shuttle runs to and from all terminals and as well within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Hours: 5:00AM – 12:00AM.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near DFW Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Dallas – Fort Worth Airport. Connect to the “DFW Airport Complimentary WiFi” network.
- Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards to friends and family from one of the airport’s mailboxes. Locations: Landside in Terminals A • Terminal B • Terminal C • Terminal D • Terminal E.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Feed and change your baby in privacy and comfort in one of the airport’s Nursing Rooms. For the access code, call 972-973-3112. Location: Airside at Gates A18 • B40 • E14. Minute Suites (see Airport Hotels above) allows mothers 30 minutes free access when space is available.
- Children’s Play Area – Let your little ones burn off steam before a flight at the McDonald’s play area which includes soft seating and charging outlets for parents! Locations: Gate D8.
- Walking Path – When your idea of airport exercise doesn’t include tight connections and frantic running to the next gate, enjoy your time at the airport with a more leisurely stroll or power walk along a designated walking path. The DFW Airport walking path measures seven-tenths of a mile and is aligned with the DFW Art Program floor medallions in International Terminal D. If you are looking for an additional challenge you can add in the two additional 55-foot high staircases that lead up to the Skylink stations. Location: D6 – D40.
- Yoga Studio – Relax or stretch before your flight at one of the airport’s two yoga studios. The studios come equipped with complimentary practice mats, exercise balls and stretch bands, along with 20-minute-long instructional videos. Locations: Airside at Gate D40 (in the hallway connecting Terminals B and D) and at Gate E31.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drink – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options. The 7-Eleven stores are reportedly all open 24 hours. See (Duty Free & Shopping below)
- Information Desk – Have any questions? Multiple information desks are located in each terminal to provide assistance.
- Traveler’s Aid – Traveler’s Aid is a non-profit organization that assists stranded and distressed passengers. Volunteers assist passengers with general airport and destination queries to assisting with situations such as transportation assistance, lost or stolen money, wiring money, emergency housing. Special services include: Meet and Assist escort service (staff person will meet passenger at one gate and escort to another – $50 fee), car seat rental (infant and toddler), translations, notary and fax services, military assistance, Western Union, Caseworker available for crisis intervention/emergency travel assistance, lost and found, area and airport information. Locations: Terminal E, E14 Baggage Claim. Hours: 9:00AM – 6:00PM (Mon – Fri) • 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Sat – Sun).
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available throughout the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Medical Services – If you feel unwell or injure yourself, first aid services are available at Code 3 Urgent Care. Location: Upper Level (D25). Hours: 5:30AM – 10:30PM.
- Pharmacy – A pharmacy is available at the Code 3 Urgent Care Medical Office. Location: Upper Level (D25).
- Mobile Charging – Charge your laptops and other electronic devices for free at seated power stations located throughout the airport. These stations all offer a computer with internet access, for travellers who may be travelling without a laptop. USB ports are available at every station. Locations: A10 • A24 • C20 • C35 • D21 • D30 • D40 • E37. If you are in Terminal B, head to the free Travel Lounge (see Rest Zones below)
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, in the baggage claim • International Arrivals area of Terminals D and E • Airside, at the gated areas of all five terminals.
- Currency Exchange – Travelex offers currency exchange and travel insurance at these locations: Landside – D22. Airside – A29 • D11 • D24 • D36 • International Recheck.
- Pet Hotel – Furbabies rejoice! Your cat or dog can enjoy a vacation of its own at Paradise 4 Paws Pet Resort. Boarding, grooming, and daycare are just some of the services offered. Location: Near the airport’s north entrance. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pet Relief Areas – Designated pet relief areas can be found in the following areas:
- Airside – Terminal A, A28 • Terminal B, B29 • Terminal D, D18 • Terminal E, E31.
- Landside – Terminal A, A8 • Terminal B, B49 & B5 • Terminal C, C2 & C39 • Terminal D, D17 & D30 • Terminal E, E38.
- Chapel – Find your inner peace at one of the airport’s Interfaith Chapels at these locations: A24 (Landside) • B25 (Airside) • C15 (Landside) • D21 (Airside) • E4 (Airside).
Rest & Relaxation
- Cots – In the event of bad weather or massive flight cancellations, this airport has a supply of eco-friendly biodegradable blankets and pillows for stranded travellers. To find them, contact an airport employee or use the courtesy phone.
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage Chairs – Locations: A15 • A20 • A29 • B20 • B24 • B37 • C6 • C11 • C15 • C17 • C20 • C24 • C27 • D22 • E14 • E32
- Rest Zones – Relax and recharge in DFW’s complimentary Travel Lounges, offering a cozy atmosphere with lounge chair and workstation seating. Power outlets are available at every seat. Location: Gates B28. Additionally, there is a theatre area that features comfy media chairs and 10 screens. Location: Terminal D, Airside, near Gate D28.
Take precaution even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
- Security Checkpoint Mailers – Ship things home that you can’t take onboard from drop boxes at these landside locations: A10 • A21 • B9 • B30 • C10 • C21 • C31 • D16 • D23 • D30 • E18 • E33.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free by TRG offers duty-free shopping airside near Gate D14, Gate D22 and Gate D27. In addition, a wide variety of retail shops and newsstands are available throughout the terminal including 10+ convenience shops for any last minute items. A recent review (Sept 2019) mentioned that all 7-Elevens are open 24 hours which may come in handy for last minute snack and drink needs.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – There are showers in the Club at DFW [ see Airport Lounges above ] and Minute Suites [ see Airport Hotels above ].
- Spa & Salon Services – Pamper yourself before or after flight at the following airport spas:
- Be Relax – Offers beauty and massage treatments, with the terminal D location also offering hair styling services. Locations: Airiside, B28 • Airside, D21.
- Spa Here – Provides passengers with a luxurious spa experience without having to leave the airport! Location: Airside, C12.
- XpresSpa – For the passenger in a rush, XpresSpa offers quick massages, manicures and pedicures. Locations: A25, D33, and E31. Hair salon available at A25 and D33 locations.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Paintings, terrazzo floors, and an outdoor sculpture garden are some of the more than 30 beautiful works of art displayed throughout the airport. Travelling passengers can enjoy art installations both airside and landside (connecting passengers must have valid ID and boarding pass to get back over to airside), while non-travelling visitors to the airport can see airside works of art by taking an art tour, offered by the DFW Art Program (valid ID and reservation required).
- Observation Area – Enjoy a view of airplanes as they land and depart from DFW! Along with the exhilarating vista, the Founders’ Plaza offers picnic tables, telescopes, and radio broadcasts of air traffic control communications. Location: At the north end of the airport (1700 N Airfield Dr.) Hours: 7:00AM – 7:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according to the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning. The TSA security screening checkpoint hours vary according to boarding area:
- Terminal A: A10 (4:30AM – 9:00PM) • A21 (4:00AM – 10:30PM) • A35 (4:30AM – 9:00PM)
- Terminal B: B19 (4:30AM – 10:45PM) • B30 (4:30AM – 9:00PM)
- Terminal C: C10 (4:30AM – 9:00PM) • C20 (3:00AM – 10:30PM) • C30 (3:30AM – 9:00PM)
- Terminal D: D18 (4:15AM – 10:30PM) • D22 (5:00AM – 9:00PM) • D30 (4:00AM – 11:00PM)
- Terminal E: E8 (3:45AM – 8:45PM) • E18 (3:45AM – 11:30PM) • E33 (4:00AM – 9:00PM)
Times are subject to change.
Dallas-Fort Worth airport is served by the following airlines: Aeromexico • Air Canada • Air France • Alaska Airlines • American Airlines • Avianca • British Airways • Delta • Emirates • Frontier Airlines • Interjet • Japan Airlines • JetBlue • Korean Air • Lufthansa • Qantas • Qatar Airways • Spirit Airlines • Sun Country Airlines • United Airlines • Volaris.
The Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) location inside Terminal A is convenient for connecting to the Dallas Amtrak Station; however it involves connections at 2 stations and a total travel time of about 1 hour. A taxi ride will cut travel time to about 30 minutes but there may be tolls.
Onsite car rentals are handled at the Rental Car Center, located near the south entrance of the airport. Free shuttles operates 24 hours a day between the Rental Car Center and designated pick up areas outside on the lower level of the airport terminal. The following car rental agencies serve the Rental Car Center: Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • E-Z • Hertz • National • Payless • Sixt • Thrifty.
The following hotels offer airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites • Comfort Inn DFW North / Irving • Days Inn Irving Grapevine DFW Airport North • Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Irving • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North • Hyatt Regency DFW • La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North • Motel 6 Dallas – Ft Worth Airport North • Quality Inn DFW-Airport North • Red Roof Inn Dallas – DFW Airport North • Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel • The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport.
Airside – DFW offers Skylink, a free automated train service that travels airside, transporting post-security passengers between the airport terminals. Trains run in 2 minute intervals, with a total trip time of 9 minutes for passengers traveling between the two furthest points. Landside – the airport also offers a free landside service that transports airport visitors and pre-security passengers between the terminals. Terminal Link’s green and orange-colored vans run every 10 minutes from 5:00AM – 12:00AM, and are fully wheelchair-accessible. Terminal Link service is also available after hours by phone request.
Shared Ride Vans
City Shuttle, Yellow Checker Shuttle and SuperShuttle are authorized shared ride service providers, offering door-to-door shared ride or exclusive ride service between the airport and destinations within the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area.
Taxi stands are located on the lower levels of Terminals A, B, C, D and E. An Airport Guest Assistant is available onsite from 8:00AM – 12:00AM. After hours, call 972 574 5878 to request a taxi. Taxis are metered, with some offering a flat rate to Dallas and Fort Worth central business districts.
The Orange Line runs from DFW Airport Station to stops in downtown Dallas, where connections to other DART lines are available. DART trains run daily from 4:00AM – 1:00AM, with one arrival pre-4:00AM for airport employees and passengers with early morning flights. DFW Airport Station is connected to entry A10 at the lower level of Terminal A via walkway. Visit the DART website for information regarding fares. TEXRail and Trinity Railway Express (TRE) are commuter trains which run between the Airport and surrounding metropolitan areas, including the city center. Please note that TRE Service is not available on Sundays. For access info, rates and more, visit the DFW Airport website.
Last updated: 2020-03-13
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.