Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Dallas-Fort Worth Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Dallas is very accommodating to airport sleepers. Ask any of the workers for a cot/blanket/pillow and they will provide you with them. – kdahl
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported to us during their time at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport.
What to Expect
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport is made up of five terminals (A – E) linked by a SkyLink train. Terminals A – D are are also inked by walkways, while Terminal E is a satellite and can only be reached from the other terminals by Skylink. All five terminals contain plenty of airside dining, shopping and services options, with Terminal D (international) offering the largest selection. Exploring airside terminals is not a problem, but accessing airside late at night may not be possible if security check-points are closed. The airport offers free WiFi and contains plenty of charging stations. Economy class passengers can find comfort in one of many airport lounges with the purchase of a lounge pass or membership. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
The airport is reportedly sleep friendly, with accommodating staff and security, and plenty of couches and chairs throughout. Among sites noted as good sleeping areas by reviewers were lounge areas in Terminals B, D and E, rest zones in Terminal C, and the Yoga area in Terminal E. Noise and cold temperatures were cited by many reviewers, so consider earplugs and a sweater or travel blanket. In the event of weather-related or otherwise large-scale flight cancellations, the airport offers cots for stranded passengers on a first come basis (contact an airport employee or use an airport courtesy phone to determine best means of access). Explore our guide to sleeping in Dallas-Fort Worth Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips.
Those seeking uninterrupted sleep can choose from several on-site hotels, as well as numerous other hotels within easy shuttle distance. There are also private suites with daybeds in Terminals A and D, with the Terminal D location offering showers. See Airport Hotels below for more info.
Good to Know
There are yoga studios in Terminals D and E. Rail service to downtown Dallas (DART) can be accessed landside on the lower level of Terminal A.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
American Airlines Admirals Club – Multiple Locations – (1) Terminal A, (1) Terminal B, (1) Terminal C and (1) Terminal D. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door with proof of American Airlines ticket • Lounge membership program. [ more lounge info ]
Passes The Club at DFW – This lounge is available to all travellers no matter what class of service or airline. Showers are available. Location: Terminal D – airside, between Gate 21 and Gate 22. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
British Airways Lounge (Location: Terminal D, near Gate D36) • Korean Air Lounge (Location: Terminal D, near Gate D21) • Lufthansa Lounge (Location: Terminal D, near Gate D21) • Qantas Business Lounge (Location: Terminal D, near Gate D36).
If sleeping in Dallas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels at the airport:
Inside Airport Minute Suites – Private suites that come equipped with a daybed sofa, sound-masking system, DirectTV, and high speed internet. Rates are expensive: US$ 42 (1 hour) and US$ 10.50 each additional 15 minutes until 2 hours • US$ 84 (2 hours) and US$ 8.00 each additional 15 minutes thereafter • US$ 155 (Overnight). Special Promotion: Save 5% when you book through the exclusive partner link below. The Terminal D location has two showers ($30.00 per 30 minutes includes all amenities required). When the suites are full, they also rent air mattresses for US$ 40 with no time limit. Pillows and blankets are provided when available. Locations:
» Terminal D, Airside, Gate D23 » book a room
» Terminal A, Airside, Gate A38. » book a room
At Airport Grand Hyatt DFW – Located inside the airport in Terminal D. Free access via SkyLink and Terminal Link from all terminals. Day rooms are offered from 9:00AM – 5:00PM (subject to availability). » Check Rates
At Airport Hyatt Regency DFW – Located adjacent to Terminal C. Free 24-hour shuttle service to all DFW terminals. For airport pick-up, use the courtesy phone in baggage claim. » Check Rates
Near Airport Hyatt Place DFW – Free airport shuttle available. Shuttle runs to and from all terminals and as well within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Hours: 5:00AM – 12:00AM. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near DFW Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Dallas – Fort Worth Airport. Connect to the “attwifi” network, which has a connection of 2.4 GHz (for older smart devices), or “att-24” networks, which has a connection of 5.8 GHz (for newer smart devices).
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Feed and change your baby in privacy and comfort in one of the airport’s Nursing Rooms. For the access code, call 3-3112 from the airport paging phone or 972-973-3112 from your cellphone. Location: Airside at Gates A18, B40, and E14. Minute Suites (see Airport Hotels above) allows mothers t 30 minutes free access when space is available.
- Children’s Play Area – Let your little ones burn off steam before a flight at the McDonald’s play area which includes soft seating and charging outlets for parents! Locations: Gate D8.
- Walking Path – When your idea of airport exercise doesn’t include tight connections and frantic running to the next gate, enjoy your time at the airport with a more leisurely stroll or power walk along a designated walking path. The DFW Airport walking path measures seven-tenths of a mile and is aligned with the DFW Art Program floor medallions in International Terminal D. If you are looking for an additional challenge you can add in the two additional 55-foot high staircases that lead up to the Skylink stations. Location: D6 – D40.
- Yoga Studio – Relax or stretch before your flight at one of the airport’s two yoga studios. The studios come equipped with complimentary practice mats, exercise balls and stretch bands, along with 20-minute-long instructional videos. Locations: Airside at Gate D40 (in the hallway connecting Terminals B and D) and at Gate E31.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drink – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options.
- Traveler’s Aid – Traveler’s Aid is a non-profit organization that assists stranded and distressed passengers. Volunteers assist passengers with general airport and destination queries to assisting with situations such as transportation assistance, lost or stolen money, wiring money, emergency housing. Special services include: Meet and Assist escort service (staff person will meet passenger at one gate and escort to another – $50 fee), car seat rental (infant and toddler), translations, notary and fax services, military assistance, Western Union, Caseworker available for crisis intervention/emergency travel assistance, lost and found, area and airport information. Locations: Terminal E, E14 Baggage Claim. Hours: 9:00AM – 6:00PM (Mon – Fri) • 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Sat – Sun).
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available throughout the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Medical Services – Code 3 Urgent Care offers services. Location: Upper Level (D25). Hours: 5:30AM – 10:30PM.
- Pharmacy – A pharmacy is available at the Code 3 Urgent Care Medical Office. Location: Upper Level (D25).
- Mobile Charging – Charge your laptops and other electronic devices for free at seated power stations located throughout the airport. USB ports are available at every station. Locations: A10, A24, C20, C35, D21, D30, D40 and E37. If you are in Terminal B, head to the free Travel Lounge. See Rest Zones below.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, in the baggage claim • International Arrivals area of Terminals D and E • Airside, at the gated areas of all five terminals.
- Currency Exchange – Travelex offers currency exchange and travel insurance at these locations: A29, D11, D22 (outside security) • D24 • D36 • International Recheck.
- Pet Hotel – Furbabies rejoice! Your cat or dog can enjoy a vacation of its own at Paradise 4 Paws Pet Resort. Boarding, grooming, and daycare are some of services offered. Location: Near the airport’s north entrance. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pet Relief Areas – Designated pet relief areas can be found in the following areas:
- Airside – Terminal A – A29 • Terminal B – B28 • Terminal D – D18 • Terminal E – E31
- Landside – Terminal A – A8 • Terminal C – C2, C39 • Terminal D – D15, D29 • Terminal E – E2, E38
- Chapel – Find your inner peace at one of the airport’s Interfaith Chapels at these locations: A24 (Landside),B25 (Airside), C15 (Landside), D21 (Airside) and E4 (Airside).
Rest & Relaxation
- Cots – In the event of bad weather or massive flight cancellations, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. If you are stranded during a weather delay, contact an airport employee to find out when the cots are located. Unfortunately, the cots are not available for travellers who simply decide to spend the night in the airport. Due to the amount of wacky email we receive about this, we’ll also let you know that cots cannot be “reserved”.If you are unable to find them, please speak to a gate agent or an airport employee.
Pro-Tip: Laila tells us “They are available before 12:30 am. Dial 43112 from any courtesy phone (there is one across from E7). Tell them your location and airport personnel will bring you a cot.”
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage Chairs – Locations: A15 • A20 • A29 • B20 • B24 • B37 • C6 • C11 • C15 • C17 • C20 • C24 • C27 • D22 • E14 • E32.
- Rest Zones – Relax and recharge in DFW’s complimentary Travel Lounges, offering a cozy atmosphere with lounge chair and workstation seating. Power outlets are available at every seat. Location: Gates B28. Additionally, there is a theatre area that features comfy media chairs and 10 screens. Location: Terminal D, Airside.
- Security Checkpoint Mailers – Ship things home that you can’t take onboard from drop boxes at these landside locations: A10, A21, B9, B30, C10, C21, C31, D16, D23, D30, E18 and E33.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free by TRG offers duty-free shopping airside near Gate D14, Gate D22 and Gate D27. In addition, a wide variety of retail shops and newsstands are available throughout the terminal including 10+ convenience shops for any last minute items.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Barber – Haircuts and shoe shine service on a walk-in basis. Location: airside, C17.
- Massages – Express massages are available. Locations: A25 • B28 • E27 and E31.
- Showers – There are showers in the Club at DFW [ see Airport Lounges above ] and Minute Suites [ see Airport Hotels above ].
- Spa & Salon Services – Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and more available at XpresSpa. Locations: A25, D33, and E31. Hair salon available at A25 and D33 locations. Spa Here also offers salon services for men and and women, C12.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Paintings, terrazzo floors, and an outdoor sculpture garden are some of the more than 30 beautiful works of art displayed throughout the airport. Travelling passengers can enjoy art installations both airside and landside (connecting passengers must have valid ID and boarding pass to get back over to airside), while non-travelling visitors to the airport can see airside works of art by taking an art tour, offered by the DFW Art Program (valid ID and reservation required).
- Observation Area – Enjoy a view of airplanes as they land and depart from DFW! Along with the exhilarating vista, the Founders’ Plaza offers picnic tables, telescopes, and radio broadcasts of air traffic control communications. Location: At the north end of the airport (1700 N Airfield Dr.) Hours: 7:00AM – 7:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning. The TSA security screening checkpoint hours vary according to boarding area:
Terminal A: A10 (4:30AM – 9:00PM) • A20 (4:00AM – 10:30PM)
Terminal B: B19 (4:30AM – 10:45PM) • B30 (4:30AM – 9:00PM)
Terminal C: C10 (4:30AM – 9:00PM) • C21 (3:00AM – 10:30PM) • C30 (4:30AM – 9:00PM)
Terminal D: D18 (4:15AM – 10:30PM) • D22 (5:00AM – 9:00PM) • D30 (3:30AM – 11:00PM)
Terminal E: E8 (3:45AM – 8:45PM) • E18 (3:45AM – 11:30PM) • E33 (4:00AM – 8:30PM)
Times are subject to change.
As of November 2018, Dallas-Fort Worth airport is served by the following airlines: Aeromexico • Air Canada • Alaska Airlines • American Airlines • Avianca • British Airways • Delta • Emirates • Frontier Airlines • Iceland • Interjet • Japan Airlines • Jet Air • Korean Air • Lufthansa • Qantas • Qatar • Spirit Airlines • Sun Country Airlines • United Airlines • Volaris • WOW Air.
Last updated: 2018-11-15
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.