Dallas Love Field Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dallas Love Field Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I didnt see a single person, from the moment i go there around 12:30am till around 5:30am it was completely deserted. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Dallas Love-Field Airport.
What to Expect
- Dallas Love-Field Airport is a convenient airport located in the heart of Dallas, with seventeen gates.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Dallas Love Field is open 24 hours a day, but travellers are not allowed to wait or sleep airside after security checkpoints have closed for the night, around 11:45PM. Passengers already airside are required to go landside until security reopens at 4:25AM, and will need to clear security to re-enter. This is strictly enforced!
- The only area in the airport for overnighters is Love Landing. Tables and chairs, comfortable couches and soft chairs, a 24-hour Dunkin Donuts, and nearby restrooms make Love Landing a superb place to spend the night.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Dallas Love-Field Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at this time.
WiFi is available at Dallas Love Field Airport through Boingo. The first 30 minutes is free.
If sleeping in Dallas Love Field Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Love Field - (2 min from the airport) Located across the street from the airport. Free airport shuttle service available.
- Embassy Suites Dallas Love Field - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 5 mile radius - no downtown) from 7:00AM to 7:00PM Monday thru Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, the shuttle runs to the airport only.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Dallas-Love Field on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art Gallery - North Texas Sunrise in the main lobby was recently named one of the top public art projects of 2014 by Public Art Year in Review. There are additional pieces located throughout the terminal.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are six ATMs, three airside and three landside. There is one at each end of the terminal, between gates 5 and 7, and between gates 13 and 15; there is one near the art gallery in the passenger connector between the checkpoint and the terminal; there is one in baggage claim; there is one on Love Landing; there is one in baggage claim, and there is one beside the escalator to the parking garages opposite the security checkpoint.
- Baby Care Facilities - A nursing room is located in STEM, next to Sky Canyon. Lil’ Luv Lounge is also located in STEM, next to Creative Kids Stuff.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Located in the connector hallway.
- Cots - In the event of bad weather or massive flight cancellations, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. If you are stranded during a weather delay, contact an airport employee to find out when the cots are located. Unfortunately, the cots are not available for travellers who simply decide to spend the night in the airport. Due to the amount of wacky email we receive about this, we'll also let you know that cots cannot be "reserved" and we don't know where they are kept. Please speak to a gate agent or an airport employee.
- Currency Exchange - Not available
- Family Services - A children’s restroom is located on the West concourse, across from Gate 2. Family restrooms are located in these areas: across from the car rental / baggage claim area (landside) • under Sky Bridge (landside) • near all men’s / women’s restrooms (airside).
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions in the airport close from 10:00PM - 4:30AM, except for the 24-hour Dunkin’ Donuts, located in Love Landing. Vending machines are available in the secure area only, so if you want something other than donuts to eat, have a few snacks handy for later.
- Information Desk - There are three information desks: one in baggage claim, one opposite the security checkpoint, and one in the center of the passenger terminal.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - No
- Luggage Carts - There is a fee of $4.00 to use the baggage carts. You can find them in the baggage claim area.
- Mobile Charging - There are approximately 2600 power ports and charging stations at Love Field, including over 1300 electric charging plugs and 1300 USB charging ports. All power ports and charging stations are free of charge. The Food Court area provides power ports and charging station at over 90% of the seating. The airport is not using power poles.
- Showers - No
Love Field is open 24 hours. Flights operate from 6:00AM to 11:00PM due to noise restrictions.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
To get to the Amtrak Station in Dallas, you will need to set aside about 45 minutes of travel time and plan to make two transfers using the DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) system.
From the airport, proceed to the baggage claim area and follow signs to the DART landing area. Board bus 524 Inwood Love Field Station. Depart the bus at Inwood Love Field Station. Walk to the Rail Line and transfer to East Red, LBJ/Central, Orange Line. Exit at West End Station. Transfer to South Red Line, Westmoreland, Red Line. You will exit at Union Station.
Alternatively, the faster alternative is to take a taxi to the Dallas Amtrak. You can pick up a Taxi outside baggage claim. Travel time is approximately 10 minutes.
ACE, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, National, Hertz and Thrifty are available onsite at the airport.
The Dallas Area Rapid Transit, or DART, is the public transportation system which covers the Dallas area by bus, light rail, commuter rail and HOV lanes. The closest rail station to the airport is Inwood/Love Field station, which is served daily by the DART rail Green Line and Orange Line. Both lines travel between Inwood/Love Field station, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Irving, Carrollton, Farmers Branch, northeastern Dallas, Downtown Dallas and the Fair Park area. At the Downtown Dallas station, passengers can transfer to or from the Blue Line or Red Line, which serve Richardson, Plano, Garland, Rowlett and southern Dallas.
DART Love Link 524 is the shuttle bus that connects the airport with Inwood/Love Field station. The bus operates daily every 15 - 30 minutes, depending on the time of the day.
Fares are $2.50 for two consecutive hours of transportation on the DART system, or $5 for unlimited rides on DART until 3:00AM the next day. Love Field Airport passengers can take the Love Link shuttle to Inwood/Love Field station for free.
Several area hotels offer free airport shuttle service as a convenience for their guests. Hotel shuttles pick-up outside the terminal on the Lower Level, Zone F. Contact your hotel of choice for shuttle service availability and information. Here are a few hotels that offer airport shuttle service: Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Dallas-Love Field (Medical Center) • Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field • Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field • Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center • Homewood Suites Dallas-Market Center • MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites • Residence Inn Dallas Market Center.
Shared Ride Shuttle
SuperShuttle, Yellow Checker Shuttle and City Shuttle provide 24-hour door-to-door shared ride or exclusive ride service between the airport and the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area. One-person shared ride fares to downtown Dallas are $15 and up.
Dallas Yellow Cab taxis are readily available outside of the terminal, across the street from baggage claim. Approximate fare from Love Field to downtown Dallas is $19. A flat rate of $18 is available for trips between Love Field and the Dallas Central Business District, based on one passenger.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.