In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Denver Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Announcements notified the stranded travelers of pads and blankets available at the baggage claim area. - SThagard
photo credit: Dbenbenn / Wikimedia
Did this before i ironically moved here and became an expert on the place. Not a good overnight airport but it is a really nice regular hours airport.
Airport hotels are far and require decently long drive plus waiting for them. Prices were high
I was only napping short overnight but i was woken up twice asking why i was there by staff other than that i rarely saw anyone except a few random cleaners. I did overnight here but it was empty and not pleasant. Food was hard to find only one junky 24 hour food in terminal A so you probably will have to ride the train. When i overnighted it was empty and creepy here staff acted like they had never seen anyone overnighting here. Not a very pleasant experience. Close by SLC is a much better airport for over nighting and is a close by hub so if you have to overnight i would try to do it on Delta in SLC. Much better experience there in every way compared to DEN. DEN is too empty overnight, creepy and staff dont seem to like you doing it. The three terminals separated by train add to making it seem even more deserted.
I would try to avoid overnighting here unless you have a really short overnight and can stay awake it is very clean and regular hours has tons to do.
Have you been to Denver Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Denver airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- American Admiral's Club - Location: Concourse A, Airside, north end of the A gates. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- United Club - Location: Terminal B, airside, East Wing, Gate B44. Hours: 530am - 930pm. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • United Club Membership.
- United Club - Location: Terminal B, airside, West Wing, Gate B32. Hours: 530am - 930pm. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • United Club Membership.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities: video games, TV lounge, toiletries, snacks, sleeping area, computers, library, and a child care area. Location: Terminal A (East Terminal), Concourse A. Hours: 6am - 10pm
Free WiFi is available at Denver Airport. Connect to the "DIAFREEWIFI" network.
If sleeping at the Denver Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer free airport shuttle....
- Country Inn & Suites (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Courtyard by Marriott (Shuttle Hours: unknown. Scheduled service)
- Homewood Suites (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- La Quinta Inn (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Denver Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Airport Scavenger Hunt - It always nice to discover an airport that has created fun activities to keep travellers occupied. DIA has a Scavenger Hunt for each of its terimals. From looking for gargoyles to counting how many shops sell coffee at the C Gates, you may have some fun. [ Check out the available Scavenger Hunts. ]
- Art at DIA - There are a number or exhibitions and scultpures throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes - Cash machines can be found throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Luggage Trolleys - available for a fee.
- Business Center - Offers internet, phone & fax machines. Location: B Gates on Mezzanine Level
- Car Rentals - Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • E-Z • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Payless • Thrifty. Location: Courtesy shuttles depart from Jeppesen Terminal, Level 5, Island 4.
- Cots - In the event of bad weather or delays, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. A site visitor shared this tip: "In the business center in the middle of the “B” Terminal (not sure of other terminals), there’s a cot located in the far cubical which is the widest cubical. Saw it earlier and now someone is using it to sleep. I don’t have time to check the other similar cubicles or terminals, but I would assume they’ve placed them in those locations as well." Thanks Jeff!
- Currency Exchange - Location: Airside, Center Core, B Gates
- Food & Drinks - There are many food and beverage concessions at the Denver Airport, but only a few of them are open 24 hours. I've listed them below:
»Jeppesen Terminal: Burger King (East Side, Level 6)
»A Gates: McDonald's (A Center Core) • vending machines
»B Gates: vending machines
»C Gates: vending machines
- Information Desk - There are four Information Booths. Locations: Center Core of A, B and C Gates • Jeppesen Terminal, Level 5 • Arrivals Area
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massages: Chair or table massages. Location: Near Gate A49 and B Gates on Mezzanine Level
- Mobile Charging - Locations: Airside, A Gates • B Gates • C Gates.
- Prayer Rooms - An Interfaith Chapel and Islamic Prayer Hall is located in the Jeppesen Terminal (level 6). Hours: open 24 hours
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - Smoking is not permitted except in these designated areas: Aviator's Club Smoking Lounge (Jeppesen Terminal, Level 6, West Side) • Mesa Verde Smoking Lounge (A Gates, Mezzannine Level) • Smokin' Bear Lodge (C Gates, Center Core).
- Video Games - Comfortable booths where users can play the games on their own or against others online. Location: ZooX Public Internet Kiosk Systems, Jeppesen Terminal, A, B and C Gates. Rate: 15 cents per minute at a $3.00 minimum.
open 24 hours
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Denver Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 28 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.