Denver Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Denver Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Announcements notified the stranded travelers of pads and blankets available at the baggage claim area. - SThagard
photo credit: Dbenbenn / Wikimedia
by a traveller
November 2015 - As per the reviews, I checked for the business area with cubicles on the second level in the middle of B Terminal and I couldn't find it. I asked around and no one could tell me, an the information desk was closed. It looks like they may have recently closed off an area up there so it may not be there anymore. It wasn't on any of the maps. I moved to A Terminal, where there isn't much on the upper level; there is the walkway to the terminal and elevators and the USO Airline club but that's it. The space is open and pretty empty so I found wall near the elevators and made camp there. There are low levels of foot traffic, though there is a little bit because of the elevators. It wasn't as loud as other places but I would strongly recommend a pair of earplugs, as a lot of ambient noise comes up from below and there are frequent final-boarding calls from the speakers right over my head. There are also some birds somewhere that have been chirping non-stop since about 3:30 am. The ground is pretty hard and there are no benches to be found in Denver. The plus of this area is that there are not a lot of people around to bother you and there are lots of outlets from columns near the walls.
Have you been to Denver Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Denver airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- American Admiral's Club - Location: Concourse A, Airside, north end of the A gates. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- United Club - Location: Terminal B, airside, East Wing, Gate B44. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • United Club Membership.
- United Club - Location: Terminal B, airside, West Wing, Gate B32. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • United Club Membership.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities: video games, TV lounge, toiletries, snacks, sleeping area, computers, library, and a child care area. Location: Terminal A (East Terminal), Concourse A, North End of A Gates Bridge (3rd floor). Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
Free WiFi is available at Denver Airport. Connect to the "DEN Airport Free WiFi" network.
If sleeping at the Denver Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Westin Hotel at Denver International Airport - This 519-room hotel is due to open in November 2015 as part of Denver International Airport’s new on-site Hotel & Transit Center.
- Hyatt House Denver Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service from 4:00AM to Midnight. For airport pick-up, call (303) 628-7777 upon arrival at the airport.
- Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver Airport- (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service (must pre-book 24 hr in advance. Airport pick-up is available every 15 and 45 minutes after the hour at Door 512, west side of the terminal, island 3.
- Embassy Suites Denver International Airport- (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle available from 4:00AM to 12:30AM.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Denver Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Airport Scavenger Hunt - It always nice to discover an airport that has created fun activities to keep travellers occupied. DIA has a Scavenger Hunt for each of its terimals. From looking for gargoyles to counting how many shops sell coffee at the C Gates, you may have some fun. [ Check out the available Scavenger Hunts. ]
- Art at DIA - There are a number or exhibitions and sculptures throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes - Cash machines can be found throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Baggage Carts - available for a fee.
- Business Center - Offers internet, phone & fax machines. Location: B Gates on Mezzanine Level
- Car Rentals - Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • E-Z • Enterprise • Fox • Hertz • National • Payless • Thrifty. Location: Courtesy shuttles depart from Jeppesen Terminal, Level 5, Island 4.
- Cots - In the event of bad weather or delays, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. A site visitor shared this tip: "In the business center in the middle of the “B” Terminal (not sure of other terminals), there’s a cot located in the far cubical which is the widest cubical. Saw it earlier and now someone is using it to sleep. I don’t have time to check the other similar cubicles or terminals, but I would assume they’ve placed them in those locations as well." Thanks Jeff!
- Currency Exchange - Location: Airside, Center Core, B Gates • Jeppesen Terminal, Level 5.
- Drinking Water - Need a refill? Go the center of each Concourse and you will find water bottle filling stations.
- Food & Drinks - There are many food and beverage concessions at the Denver Airport, but only a few of them are open 24 hours. I've listed them below:
»Jeppesen Terminal: Burger King (East Side, Level 6)
»A Gates: McDonald's (A Center Core) • vending machines
»B Gates: vending machines
»C Gates: vending machines
- Information Desk - There are four Information Booths. Locations: Center Core of A, B and C Gates • Jeppesen Terminal, Level 5 • Arrivals Area
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massages: Chair or table massages. Location: Near Gate A49 and B Gates on Mezzanine Level
- Mobile Charging - Locations: Airside, A Gates • B Gates • C Gates. In addition to the outlets available in all concourse they have dedicated battery charging stations that offer seating and work surface spaces.
- Prayer Rooms - An Interfaith Chapel and Islamic Prayer Hall is located in the Jeppesen Terminal (level 6). Hours: open 24 hours
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - Smoking is not permitted except in these designated areas: Aviator's Club Smoking Lounge (Jeppesen Terminal, Level 6, West Side) • Mesa Verde Smoking Lounge (A Gates, Mezzannine Level) • Smokin' Bear Lodge (C Gates, Center Core).
- Spa - Xpress Spa. Manicure/pedicure/massage, etc. Location: Airside, C Gates, Centre Core. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Video Games - Comfortable booths where users can play the games on their own or against others online. Location: ZooX Public Internet Kiosk Systems, Jeppesen Terminal, A, B and C Gates. Rate: 15 cents per minute at a $3.00 minimum.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning. The TSA security screening checkpoint hours vary according to terminal:
- North Terminal: 3:45AM - 9:00PM
- South Terminal: open 24 hours
For travel from the airport to the Amtrak station by bus, use SkyRide AF Line from the West Terminal, Level 5, Door 506. The bus stops as frequently as every 15 minutes and will take you to the bus concourse at Union Station where you will find the Amtrak service. Travel time, with stops, should be about 40 minutes.
To travel from Union Station to the airport, pick up the SkyRide AF Line at Gate B8 and take it to the airport where it will drop you off at the West Terminal, Level 5, Door 506. Travel time is approximately 44 minutes.
You can also hire a taxi or shuttle service. Travel time by taxi is approximately 28 minutes.
Passengers arriving into Denver International Airport can choose between twelve on-site major car rental companies: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, E-Z Rent-A-Car, Enterprise, Fox, Hertz, National, Payless, and Thrifty. Each on-site agency operates its own courtesy shuttle to and from Jeppesen Terminal. The pick-up/drop-off point is at Level 5, Island 4, outside of doors 505-513 (east side) or 504-512 (west side).
Several companies operate pre-booked charter buses between Denver International Airport and locations throughout Colorado and surrounding states. Passengers who have reservations for a charter bus service should report to Ground Transportation Information Counter, where an airport agent can summon the bus from a holding lot. The pick-up point is at Jeppesen Terminal Level 5, Island 3, outside of doors 511-513 (east side) or 504-506 (west side).
Due to open in 2015, Denver International Airport will have an integrated hotel and transit center on the airport premises. The newly-constructed Hotel and Transit Center will consist of a 519-room Westin Denver International Hotel, a conference center, public entertainment plaza and a public transit center with commuter train station. Passengers will be able to travel between the airport and downtown Denver by using the commuter rail service, starting in 2016.
In addition to the Hotel and Transit Center, many of the hotels located within 10 miles of the airport operate their own guest shuttle service. The airport’s hotel shuttle bus stop is located at the Jeppesen Terminal Level 5, Island 3, outside of doors 505-507 (east side) or 510-512 (west side).
The following hotels offer airport shuttle service: Aloft Denver International Airport • Baymont Inn & Suites Denver International Airport • Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites • Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Denver International Airport • Courtyard by Marriott Denver Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport • Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport • Hampton Inn Denver International Airport • Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport • Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport • Hyatt House Denver Airport • La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver DIA • Quality Inn & Suites Denver International Airport • SpringHill Suites Denver Airport • Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport.
If you wish to reach your destination in style, you can pre-book a luxury limousine transfer. Several companies run licensed limousine services from Denver International Airport to destinations within the Denver metro area and Colorado state. Contact your company of choice prior to arrival at the airport, and upon arrival, head over to the limo booth outside of Jeppesen Terminal Level 5, Island 2, outside of doors 505-507 and 511-513 (east side) or 504-506 and 510-512 (west side).
Travellers going to or returning from a ski vacation can use the services of a mountain carrier. Mountain carriers provide pre-arranged, charter, or on-demand shuttle transportation between the airport and many of Colorado’s ski and resort areas. Contact your mountain carrier of choice in advance to book your transfer. The mountain carrier pick-up/drop-off spot is at Jeppesen Terminal Level 5, Island 1, outside of doors 511-513 (east side) and 504-506 (west side).
Passengers wanting a convenient and affordable way to travel between the airport and the Denver metro area can take advantage of SkyRide. SkyRide is an airport bus service operated by Regional Transportation District (RTD), Denver metro’s public bus system. SkyRide buses pick up and drop off passengers traveling between Denver International Airport and any of the Park-n-Rides and bus stops in the RTD service area.
SkyRide fares cost $9, $11, or $13 depending on your boarding location and your destination. Riders must have exact change to pay the fare. SkyRide service runs from 3:30AM - 12:00AM and departs every 15 minutes during peak hours. The airport bus stop can be found at Jeppesen Terminal Level 5, Island 5, outside of doors 506 and 510 (west side), with the last one departing at 1:28AM. Drivers can assist passengers with loading and unloading their luggage from the bus, and all SkyRide buses are wheelchair accessible. For schedules or further information about SkyRide, go to the RTD website or visit the RTD information booth in Jeppesen Terminal.
Shared Ride Services
Shared ride service, also known as commuter shuttles, provides pre-arranged, on-demand, or charter transportation between the airport and locations throughout the Denver metro area. Some companies provide service throughout the state and even outside of Colorado. Contact your service provider of choice to make a reservation. Shared-ride services operate from Jeppesen Terminal Level 5, Island 5, outside of doors 505-507 (east side) or 510-512 (west side).
Taxicabs provide service between the airport and Denver metro area. Some companies provide service to surrounding counties and even throughout the state. Flat rates, a one-way charge including the airport-access fee, are available for the most requested destinations: Downtown Denver, Denver Tech Center, Broomfield and Louisville areas (Yellow Cab only), and Boulder. Metered rates are available for all other destinations within the Denver metro area. Multiple loading surcharges may be apply to fares if parties traveling together in the same taxicab require drop-off at separate destinations.
Taxicabs are readily available and can be found at Jeppesen Terminal Level 5, Island 1, outside of doors 505, 507, and 511 (Terminal East) or 506, 510, and 512 (Terminal West).
Last Updated: 14 November 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.