Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Denver Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Announcements notified the stranded travelers of pads and blankets available at the baggage claim area. – SThagard
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Denver International Airport.
What to Expect
Denver International is a large, modern airport that houses a main landside Terminal (Jeppesen) for ticketing and security, which is connected to three concourses ( A, B and C). Concourse A is connected directly to Jeppesen and can be accessed by a pedestrian bridge or underground train, while access from Jeppesen to Concourses B and C requires the underground train. Some gates are accessible only by shuttle, requiring waiting in another long line once you are airside. There are plenty of dining, shopping and services options airside, and some in Jeppesen, though only a McDonalds in A Gates, and a Einstein Bros Bagels in C Gates are open 24 hours a day. The airport’s free WiFi helps pass the time. For more comfort, there are several lounges that economy class passengers can access for a fee. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
Airport staff and security are generally tolerant of sleepers and there is plenty of space throughout the airport to spread out, though the seating is not considered especially comfortable for sleeping due to armrests and other limitations. Those with travel mats can easily find quiet and relatively private floor space. Among spots noted by reviewers as being conducive to sleep were upper levels of Concourses, A, B and C; comfortable benches in Concourse B; and other sporadic arm-free seating in the other terminals. Explore our guide to sleeping in Denver Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel next to Jeppesen and other nearby hotels within a quick shuttle ride away. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
The airport is known for its art, both permanent collection and temporary exhibitions, which can be found throughout the facility. Downtown Denver is linked to the airport by regularly scheduled light rail service.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
USO Lounge – The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to active members of the US military and their families. Location: Terminal A (East Terminal), Concourse A, North End of A Gates Bridge (3rd floor). [ more info ]
Related pages: Denver Airport Lounges
If sleeping at the Denver Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
At Airport Westin Hotel at Denver International Airport – A 519-room hotel is part of the Denver International Airport’s on-site Hotel & Transit Center. The hotel is connected to the downtown core via the new commuter train. » Check Rates
Near Airport Hyatt House Denver Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service from 4:00AM to Midnight. » Check Rates
Near Airport Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
Near Airport Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites – (5 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle departs every 30 minutes at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour. Pick-up is from the West Terminal, Door 512, 3rd island. » Check Rates
Near Airport Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver Airport– (5 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle departs every 30 minutes at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour. Pick up is from the West Terminal, Door 512, 3rd island. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Denver Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Denver Airport. Connect to the “DEN Airport Free WiFi” network.
- Business Center – Offers internet, phone & fax machines. Location: B Gates on Mezzanine Level.
- Post Office – Post boxes can be found at the Center of Gates A, Center of Gates B, Center of Gates C and Level 6 of the Jeppesen Terminal.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Nursing rooms are available offering comfy seating, outlets, a sink and privacy. Airside Locations: Center of Gates A • Center of Gates B • Center of Gates C. For access, use the intercom located beside each room.
Food & Drinks
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? Water bottle filling stations are available free of charge. Locations: Airside, on each Concourse.
- Food & Drinks – Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Einstein Bros Bagels (C Gates, Center Core, Level 2) and McDonald’s (A Gates, Center Core. Note this location may close between 3:30AM and 4:30AM).
- Information Desk – Airport Information Booths are available landside in the Jeppesen Terminal and airside in the Center Cores of the A, B, and C Gates. You can also seek information and assistance from one of the knowledgeable Ambassador Volunteers roaming around the airport, easily spotted by their blue plaid vests.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available. Rates: unknown.
- Baggage Drop – A free baggage drop and check-in service is available at the Transit Center and Pikes Peak and Mt. Elbert shuttle lots. Bags can be dropped off a minimum of 90 minutes before your flight. At the time of this update, the baggage drop was available to passengers with domestic flights on Southwest, United, Delta and American Airlines. Flights to international destinations are not eligible. Airline baggage fees still apply and can be paid at all bag drop locations.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Mobile Charging – Power outlets are readily available and easily-accessible throughout Jeppesen Terminal and all three concourses. You can also charge your laptop and other electronic devices for free at seated power stations located throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs, operated by Public Service Credit Union, are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: throughout the airport.
- Banking Services – Public Service Credit Union offer full-service banking. Location: Jeppesen Terminal, landside, Level 6 West. Hours: 9:00AM – 6:00PM (Mon-Fri) 9:00AM – 1:00PM (Sat). Closed Sunday.
- Currency Exchange – Worldwide Money Exchange offers currency exchange, Western Union, notary, and more. Locations: Jeppesen Terminal, landside, Level 5 • Center Cores of A and B Gates, airside.
- Pet Hotel – Furbabies rejoice! Your cat or dog can enjoy a vacation of its own at Paradise 4 Paws Pet Resort. Boarding, grooming, and daycare are some of services offered. Location: 24735 E. 75th Ave., at the WorldPort facility, just east of the Pikes Peak shuttle lot along 75th Avenue. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pet Relief Area – Indoor pet relief rooms are available airside in the center cores of each of the A, B, and C Gates, near US mail drops. Each room is decorated with a canine theme, and has artificial turf flooring, a drainage system, wall-mounted sink, hand soap, and more. An fenced-in outdoor pet relief area is available at the Jeppesen Terminal, just outside of Door 200 on the west side.
- Prayer Rooms – An Interfaith Chapel and Islamic Prayer Hall is located in the Jeppesen Terminal (level 6). Hours: open 24 hours.
Rest & Relaxation
- Cots – In the event of bad weather or massive flight cancellations, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. If you are stranded during a weather delay, contact an airport employee to find out when the cots are located. Unfortunately, the cots are not available for travellers who simply decide to spend the night in the airport. Due to the amount of wacky email we receive about this, we’ll also let you know that cots cannot be “reserved” and we don’t know where they are kept. Please speak to a gate agent or an airport employee.
Pro-Tip: Jeff sent us this email: In the business center in the middle of the “B” Terminal (not sure of other terminals), there’s a cot located in the far cubical which is the widest cubical. Saw it earlier and now someone is using it to sleep. I don’t have time to check the other similar cubicles or terminals, but I would assume they’ve placed them in those locations as well.
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Denver Duty Free offers duty-free shopping airside in A Gates (Center Core) and B Gates (Center Core and Mezzanine). In addition, a wide variety of retail shops and newsstands is available throughout the airport.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Massages – Feel your stress melt away with a table or chair massage at A Massage. Locations: A Gates, Center Core (Hours: 7:30AM – 9:30PM (M,W,F) 7:30AM – 8:30PM (Tues, Sat) 8:30AM – 8:30PM (Sun) • B Gates, Mezzanine (Hours: 7:00AM – 9:00PM).
- Showers – Not available.
- Spa & Salon Services – Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and other express services are available at XpresSpa. Two C Gate locations (airside): Gate C30 and Center Core • Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Smoking – Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the airport. You may smoke in designated smoking areas outside the terminal. If you are Airside, you need to allow yourself time to clear security again if you choose to smoke.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Sculptures, murals, paintings, and outdoor landscapes are some of the beautiful works that you will find among the rotating and permanent exhibits throughout the airport.
- Video Games – Comfortable booths where users can play the games on their own or against others online. Location: ZooX Public Internet Kiosk Systems, Jeppesen Terminal, A, B and C Gates. Rate: 15 cents per minute at a $3.00 minimum.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning. The TSA security screening checkpoint hours vary according to terminal:
North Terminal: 3:45AM – 9:00PM
South Terminal: open 24 hours
Do you have a long layover? With the proper documentation and a long enough layover, you may have time to leave the airport and do some sightseeing. Here are a few Denver Airport Layover Sightseeing ideas. As this is a new page, if you have a suggestion for other layover sightseeing options, click here to update this airport guide and we will add it to the list.
As of November 2018, Denver airport is served by the following airlines: Aeromexico • Air Canada • Alaska Airlines • Allegiant Airlines • American Airlines • Boutique Air • British Airways • California Pacific • Copa • Delta Air • Denver Air • Edelweiss • Frontier Airlines • Icelandair • JetBlue Airways • Lufthansa • Norwegian • Southwest Airlines • Spirit Airlines • Sun Country Airlines • United Airlines • Volaris • Westjet.
Amtrak trains arrive and depart at Union Station in downtown Denver. The new train, RTD Line A, connects the airport and Union Station for $9 one way. See Public Trains below. You can also hire a taxi or shuttle service.
Travel time by taxi is approximately 28 minutes.
Passengers arriving into Denver International Airport can choose between twelve on-site major car rental companies: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, E-Z Rent-A-Car, Enterprise, Fox, Hertz, National, Payless, and Thrifty. Each on-site agency operates its own courtesy shuttle to and from Jeppesen Terminal. The pick-up/drop-off point is at Level 5, Island 4, outside of doors 505-513 (east side) or 504-512 (west side).
Several companies operate pre-booked charter buses between Denver International Airport and locations throughout Colorado and surrounding states. Passengers who have reservations for a charter bus service should report to Ground Transportation Information Counter, where an airport agent can summon the bus from a holding lot.
The brand new Hotel and Transit Center consists of a 519-room Westin Denver International Hotel, a conference center, public entertainment plaza and a public transit center with commuter train station (A Line to downtown).
In addition to the Hotel and Transit Center, many of the hotels located within 10 miles of the airport operate their own guest shuttle service. The airport’s hotel shuttle bus stop is located at the Jeppesen Terminal Level 5, Island 3, outside of doors 505-507 (east side) or 510-512 (west side).
The following hotels offer airport shuttle service: Aloft Denver International Airport • Baymont Inn & Suites Denver International Airport • Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites • Courtyard Denver Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport • Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport • Hampton Inn Denver International Airport • Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport • Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver International Airport • Hyatt House Denver Airport • La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver DIA • Quality Inn & Suites Denver International Airport • SpringHill Suites Denver Airport • Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport.
If you wish to reach your destination in style, you can pre-book a luxury limousine transfer. Several companies run licensed limousine services from Denver International Airport to destinations within the Denver metro area and Colorado state.
Travellers going to or returning from a ski vacation can use the services of a mountain carrier. Mountain carriers are private services that provide pre-arranged, charter, or on-demand shuttle transportation between the airport and many of Colorado’s ski and resort areas. Contact your mountain carrier of choice in advance to book your transfer.
Passengers wanting a convenient and affordable way to travel between the airport and the Denver metro area can take advantage of the Line A train. The University of Colorado Line A is a brand new train line connecting downtown Denver and the airport with frequent service. The ride between the airport and Union Station costs $9 one way, and takes 37 minutes. Trains run every 15 or 30 minutes depending on the time of day.
Taxicabs are readily available at the airport. Flat rates, a one-way charge including the airport-access fee, are available for the most requested destinations with these approximate costs as of this November 2018 update:
Downtown Denver ($55.55), Denver Tech Center ($62.00) and Boulder ($89.00). Metered rates are available for all other destinations within the Denver metro area.
Last updated: 2018-11-15
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.