Durango Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Durango Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Once we reached the terminal there was nothing except one gift shop with things such as 'Travel Games!'. - trackracer11
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Durango Airport.
What to Expect
- Durango International is a small airport serviced by two commercial airlines, but it is open 24 hours for the convenience of its passengers.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The last review we received on Durango International Airport was 2008 so we are unable to confirm sleeping arrangements. If you’ve visited this airport recently please write a review!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Durango Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at the Durango Airport. Connect to the “Brainstorm WiFi”, “Free Public WiFi” or “Highspeed4U” (paid service) networks.
If sleeping in Durango Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Sky Ute Casino & Resort - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Durango - (20 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Durango Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is an ATM located across from the giftshop (Landside).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - not available
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: The Durango Deli full service restaurant & bar (landside) and Durango Deli grab-n-go food and cocktail lounge (airside).
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Shopping - The airport’s only shop is La Plata Gifts, located landside.
- Showers - not available
Can I Sleep in the Airport Overnight?
From the Durango Airport web site:
"Yes. The terminal is open 24 hours per day for the convenience of our passengers. Seating, restrooms, water, and vending machines are available at all times. "
The airport is open 24 hours. The TSA security checkpoints open 90 minutes before the first flight and close after the last flight.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Car rental desks are located in the baggage claim area. The following car rental agencies are located onsite: Alamo, Avis, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn • DoubleTree by Hilton Durango • Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central • Homewood Suites by Hilton Durango • Sky Ute Casino & Resort
Taxis and Shuttles
It is highly recommended to book taxi or shuttle transportation in advance. For a current list of ground transportation service providers, visit the City of Durango website.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.