Fort Wayne Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Fort Wayne Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The elderly guard inquired if I had a flight in the morning, afterwhich he said okay and that he'd keep an eye out for me. - Matt
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Fort Wayne Airport.
What to Expect
- The Fort Wayne airport has a single, walkable terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- There are no 24 concessions at this airport, so be sure to grab food in the early evening if you plan to stay the night.
Where to Sleep
- We have not received a review on this airport since 1998. If you have been there recently, please let us know.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Fort Wayne Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free internet is available at the Fort Wayne Airport.
If sleeping in Fort Wayne Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Comfort Suites Fort Wayne - (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Hampton Inn Ft Wayne Southwest - (10 minutes from the airport). Free airport shuttle is available 7:00AM - 9:00PM (Mon-Thu) and 7:00AM - 3:00PM (Fri).
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Wayne - (12 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Fort Wayne Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Business Center - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Play Areas - Let your child burn off some steam at one of the play zones located throughout the airport.
- Currency Exchange - Not available
- Duty Free & Shopping - There is a gift shop on the landside, and Fort Wayne Marketplace located airside.
- Food & Drinks - Two dining options are available: Seattle’s Best Coffee and Samuel Adams Brewhouse. Both have landside and airside locations, and all are open from 5:00AM until last flight departure of the day.
- Information Desk - If you require assistance stop by the Welcome Center and chat with an airport ambassador. They even serve fresh baked cookies.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Museum - The Greater Fort Wayne Aviation Museum. Location: Airside. Rate: Tours are free but must be booked in advance.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
The following onsite car rental agencies are located in the baggage claim area: Alamo/National, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Comfort Suites • Courtyard Fort Wayne Downtown at the Grand Wayne Center • Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne Southwest • Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center • Hilton Garden Inn Fort Wayne • Residence Inn Fort Wayne Southwest
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required. Yellow Taxi Cab Company has an office in the baggage claim area.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.