Grand Island Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Grand Island Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
A six pack for the desk clerk and hand wipes for are yourself a must.
- a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Grand Island Airport.
What to Expect
- As of April 2016, the Grand Island airport has a brand new terminal. The old terminal will be repurposed into office space.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- We have not received a review on this airport since 2000. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- Sleeping at this airport is not possible, since it is closed at night.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Grand Island Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
If sleeping in Grand Island Airport does not appeal to you, the nearest hotels are:
- Grand Island Travelodge - (11 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service.
- Best Western Plus Grand Island Inn & Suites - (13 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service from 6:00AM to 10:00PM (subject to availability).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Grand Island Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Fly Grand Island Airport. Connect to "Airport-Public-Wi-Fi" network.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is an ATM by the Allegiant Air ticketing counter.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Afternooner’s Cafe is your landside dining option, while Afternooner’s Restaurant & Lounge is located airside. Both locations are open at 11:00AM, or whenever the first American Airlines flight departs, and close when the last flight for the day has departed. Vending machines are available landside in the Baggage Claim area, and airside by the gates.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 2 hours prior to departure of first flight of the day, and closes 45 minutes after the last flight arrival of the day.
Onsite car rental agencies include Budget and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Grand Island Inn & Suites • Hotel Grand Conference Center • Travelodge Grand Island.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.