In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Honolulu Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
we tried sleeping on benches around the luggage carousels, but were told to leave by security. - otta86
Airside seating. Photo credit: Roger.
"I really applaud this site as it helped me so very much. I read the other comment about HNL and sleeping in the garden area etc when it was more convienent just to stay in the airport. First, I was in a gate area and a security person woke me up near midnight and I stated I was trying for an earlier flight. He said hope you get it and told me to go over to the main terminal by starbucks for 24 hours opening, which turned out to be where about 15 people were sleeping and some brought sheets! I just found an area I could plug in to and laid down and before I knew, it I was asleep. The security area also has long benches and people were even sleeping there as well, but no one bothered them even though it was manned all night. I was quite fortunate on a huge basis because I was in fact able to board an earlier flight the following morning as the security person told me to come back to that area after 5a. So I did, and things worked out great. I had such a wonderful experience which save me plenty!!!!!"
Have you been to Honolulu Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Day passes are available for entry to these airline lounges at the Honolulu airport:
- American Admiral's Club Lounge - Location: Overseas Terminal, Airside, 3rd Floor. Hours: 530am - 9pm.
- Delta Sky Club Lounge
- United Club - Location: Diamond Head Gulf Wing, airside, above Gate 10. Hours: 515am - 1030pm. Rate: a day pass is US$ 50 at the door.
Other airlines that have (or share) lounges are: Air Canada • Air New Zealand • ANA/Air Japan • American Airlines • Air China • Delta/Northwest • Korean Air • Hawaiian Airlines • IASS • Qantas • JAL • Phillippines Airlines.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities includes: WiFi, video games, TV lounge, toiletries, snacks, showers, computers and a child care area. Location: Baggage Claim Level, between E & F. Hours: unknown
- WiFi is available at the Honolulu Airport for a fee. Shaka Net provides the service. Rates: from $6.95 for two hours.
- Internet kiosks are available on a pay-per-use basis in these locations:
- Main Terminal - 5 computer workstations are available across from Burger King near Gate 12.
- Central Concourse - 8 computer workstations are available near Gate 22
- Interisland Terminal - 4 computer workstations are available near Gate 53 and another 6 workstations are available at Gate 56 & 59
- The Business Center also offer kiosks.
If sleeping in the Honolulu Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport....
- Ohana Airport Hotel - free 24-hour airport shuttle. Day rooms are not offered.
- Best Western Plaza Hotel - free 24-hour shuttle and WiFi.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of near Honolulu Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Art in the Airport - You will find art exhibits in various areas of the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Business Center:
Internet access and workstation rentals, faxes and photocopying.
Locations: Inter-Island Terminal, Central Lobby (Open: 730am-500pm) • Main Terminal - Gate 13, Security Checkpoint 4 / (Open 730am - 730pm)
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National. Loctaion: on the ground floor, opposite Baggage Claim. G.
- Currency Exchange - ICE Currency Services provides foreign currency services. Locations: Central Lobby • near Gates 12-13 & 24-25.
- Food & Drinks - According to a December 2012 review, there is a 24-hour Starbucks located in the Main Terminal (airside). Vending machines are located at Gate 27 and between Gates 30-32 on the Ewa Concourse.
- Gardens - Enjoy the last moments of sun before departing this beautiful island. Relax in the beautifully landscaped garden airside in the International Terminal.
- Information Desk - There are 15 Information Desks located throughout the airport. Hours: 430am - 1145pm.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging Stations: There are 15 charging stations located throughout the airport in the Central Concourse • Diamond Head Concourse • Ewa Concourse • Main Lobby • Inter-island Terminal. They can be found on walls where former telephone areas once were.
- Security Office - Located 2nd floor of international terminal. Diane L. sent me this email: "Lots of light, but loud buzzing sound. It's also crowded. Lots of concrete benches next to open air planters nearby, but watch out for sprinklers. Found nice area at one end, quiet, away from maintenance workers, dark under the stars, next to planters, a bit remote - scary for 67 yr old single woman, but I actually slept a bit and survived." Thanks for the Tip Diane!
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - Smoking is permitted in 10 designated smoking areas located in the Overseas Terminal • Inter-Island Terminal • Commuter Terminal
Open 24 hours
- If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, submit a question on our Facebook Page. If you post a question, remember to mention the airport or nobody will understand what you are asking about.
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page. If you post a question, remember to mention the airport or nobody will understand what you are asking about.
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Honolulu Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2014 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
- Park Shore Waikiki - I recommend this hotel as a good, (relatively) inexpensive hotel on the beach. This is where I stay when I go to Honolulu. The hotel is no frills and rooms are small, BUT for location, views and price you cannot beat this hotel. Request high level floor and avoid low floor rooms numbered x21-x24.
Last Updated: 28 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.