In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Houston Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the announcement are incredibly annoying...all night long. The security woke me up by kicking my backpack (which was my pillow). -wezzard
Terminal E. Source: Hequals2henry, Wikipedia
by a guest
Flight from LAX to CLT had a 6 hour layover in Houston at 1 AM. I stumbled off the plane looking for a quiet place to crash and passed the Interfaith Chapel on Airside C. Hello. Three long church pews, each with its own long seat cushion. Two were already occupied, so I slid in. The lights were soft, the AC hummed just enough to cover overnight cleaning crews a bit, and I stretched my 6 ft frame out in relative comfort. Got 5 hours of shut-eye. Hope you post this and it helps another weary road warrior.
Have you been to Houston Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Houston airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- United Club - Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Priority Pass • United Club Membership.
- Terminal A - Location: Airside, Gate A9. Hours: 530am - 6pm.
- Terminal B - Location: Airside, South Mezzanine, above the Continental Express Counter. Hours: 530am - 9pm
- Terminal C - South - Location: Airside, South Concourse, Gate C33. Showers are available. Hours: 530am - 9pm.
- Terminal C - North - Location: Airside, North Concourse, Gate C24. Hours: 5am - 715pm
- Terminal E - Location: Airside, between Gates E11 and 12. Showers are available. Hours: 530am - 1130pm.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities: WiFi, video games, TV lounge, snacks, computers and a library. Location: Terminal D, across from D-2 (airside). Hours: 9am - 9pm
Free WiFi is available at Houston Airport. As of September 2014, connectivity is available in Terminals A and D. The other terminals will be launching services in Terminal B (October), Terminal C (late November) and Terminal E (early December 2014). Connect to the "Free Airport WIFI" network.
If sleeping in the Houston Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport....
- Marriott Houston Airport - accessible by underground train service from the airport.
Other hotels near the airport that offer free airport shuttle: SpringHill Suites (shuttle hours: 24 hours) • TownePlace Suites (shuttle hours: on request) • Hyatt Place (shuttle hours: 6am - 11pm) • La Quinta Inn & Suites (shuttle hours: 5am - 11pm)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of near Houston Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
Terminal B. Source: WhisperToMe, Wikipedia
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout the terminal (landside and airside)
- Luggage Trolleys - There is a $4.00 fee to use the baggage carts. You can find Smarte Carte throughout the airport.
- Car Rentals - Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Thrifty. Location: Rental Car Facility, 5 minute "Rental Car Shuttle" from the terminal.
- Chapel: Locations: Terminal C, South Concourse, near Gates C29-C30 • Terminal D, near Gates D7-8. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Charging Stations: Location: Rapid Charger machines are throughout the terminals. Rate: $
- Cots - In the event of bad weather or delays, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. At the moment, we are not sure where you can find them or how you can get your hands on one, but they do exist. If you have any information or photos, please email me.
- Currency Exchange - There are seven ICE and Travelex offices in the airport (landside and airside)
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food or beverage concessions available at the airport.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massage Chairs: Location: throughout the terminals. Rate: $
- Mobile Charging - There are Rapid Charger Machines ($) and Samsung Charging Stations (free) located through the airport. Samsung Charging Stations locations:
- Terminal A, North, near Gates 8-15
- Terminal A, South, near Gates A25-30 • A17-24
- Terminal B, near Gates B62 & B66 • Gates B76-83 • Gates B84-91
- Terminal C, North, near Gates C14-C23 • Gates 24-27
- Terminal C, South, near Gates 29-33 • near Gates 34-42
- Terminal D, near Gates D 7-8 • Gates D 9 - 12 * Terminal D
- Terminal E, near Gate E1 • Gates E2 3 8 9 • Gates E4 5 6 7 • Gates E10-11, Gates E12-14 • Gates E15 16 21 22 • Gates E17 18 19 20 • Gates E23 24
- Showers - not available
open 24 hours
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page. If you post a question, remember to mention the airport or nobody will understand what you are asking about.
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Houston Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 28 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.