Juneau Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Juneau Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Security was nice; they even offered me a special room to sleep in
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Juneau International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small-town airport with minimal shopping and dining options.
- The airport provides free WiFi. Don't expect great speed, but it is available. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers describe the airport as safe and quiet, with no interference from airport security while sleeping.
- Most seats in the terminal have armrests, but there are a several padded benches in the baggage claim area.
- Announcements are loud and frequent (every 15 minutes), so ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones will be helpful!
- The only other option for sleeping is the terminal floor. One reviewer found a quiet nook near the commuter airlines’ offices, where it is possible to turn off the lights.
- Travellers are not permitted to sleep on the floor during the day.
Good to Know
- Although airport shops and restaurants close at night, dining options can be found within walking distance of the terminal. Overall, reviewers felt safe exploring the neighborhood on foot.
- There are no hotels directly at the airport. However, there are nearby hotels that offer free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Juneau Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Juneau Airport.
If sleeping in Juneau Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Travelodge Juneau Airport - (6 min walk from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and ferry also provides scheduled service to downtown Juneau.
- Best Western Country Lane Inn - (7 min walk from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle service to the airport also provides scheduled service to the ferry and downtown Juneau. For airport pick-up, use the courtesy phone in baggage claim area.
- Aspen Suites Hotel Juneau - (15 min walk from the airport) This hotel does not have an airport shuttle, but it is the closest hotel to the airport. An easy walk or $5 cab ride away!
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Juneau Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baggage Carts - Smartecarte are available. Rates: unknown.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules, with something open as early as 4:00AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Cup O’ Joe • Franklin Street Market • Romeo’s Tap Room.
- Information Desk - There is a Juneau Convention and Visitors Bureau Information Desk located on the first floor near the baggage claim. Open from May 1 - Sep 30.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Available at Alaska Seaplanes. Location: Main Level. Rates: $5 per day
- Shopping - Hummingbird Hollow Gift Shop. Location: landside, main entrance, 1st floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 7:30PM.
- Showers - There are no showers at this airport.
- Smoking - Smoking is prohibited inside the airport. There is a covered designated smoking area located in front of the north end of the terminal.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Capital Transit Express Bus serves the airport with two routes: University Express and Riverside Express. Buses depart the airport hourly on either route, and run on weekdays only. Bus fare is $2 per person, one-way. For route maps and schedules, visit the Capital Transit website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo/National, Avis, Budget and Hertz.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Breakwater Inn • Driftwood Hotel • Super 8 Juneau • Travelodge Juneau Airport
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area during airport operation hours. All taxis are metered, and no reservations are required.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.